Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

You see, now i remember reading the preview of what was to come in 'the next month of update' at the end of January (the 21st to be exact), and it seems to me that everybody else has forgotten that melee 2.0 was promised to be delivered within that time period.

So DE, you are 5 weeks past your promised time.

Since today's and last weeks updates were so blatantly just filler, I have to ask.

Was there even any truth in your original statement?

Are PC players just going to have to wait for PS4 to get their birthday gift and servers to be bought into alignment before we finally get content worth playing?

Could we at least get some meaningful content, or some much needed fixes instead of pointless filler that seems to be published so you can continue to claim 'weekly updates'?

Are all of the high mastery players actually going to return after being forced to wait for months before being given any reason to play?

And WHY YOU LIE DE???

Edit:found the thread that states melee 2.0 to be in the next month of updates on the 22nd of January. 

Edited by supersaupe

If i remember correctly they said they will try to realese it this month. Well if it still needs work it still needs work. Sure we are Beta Testers but still the system should work atleast so much that its playable and the animations and everything should be in.

You see, now i remember reading the preview of what was to come in 'the next month of update' at the end of February before it was lost/removed from the forums, and it seems to me that everybody else has forgotten that melee 2.0 was promised to be delivered within that time period.

So DE, you have 5 days before your promised time is up, and it cannot be done on a normal update day, as there are no more Wednesdays this month.

Since today's and last weeks updates were so blatantly just filler, I have to ask.

Was there even any truth in your original statement?

Are PC players just going to have to wait for PS4 to get their birthday gift and servers to be bought into alignment before we finally get content worth playing?

Could we at least get some meaningful content, or some much needed fixes instead of pointless filler that seems to be published so you can continue to claim 'weekly updates'?

Are all of the high mastery players actually going to return after being forced to wait for months before being given any reason to play?

And WHY YOU LIE DE???

You know why it got delayed? "Are all of the high mastery..." Did you ever think about "playing for fun" ? If you have nothing to do in Warframe, do something else in the meanwhile. Some People seem so loud and angry...

They said they wanted to have it out like, last month or something. It was only a week or two after that that they came back and said, 'the scope of melee 2.0 completely blew up and it's much bigger now, so wait a while.' (Or something to that effect)

So... yeah, they totally told us it would take longer, you must have missed it.

Only they said it last month....

Think Melee 2.0 is taking too long? Hek was slated to come out 3 months ago.

Only they said it on the 22nd of January. Who cares about Hek, i want half of the weapons in game to be usable above enemy lvl 40, and yes, melee weapons account for about half of all weapons.

You know why it got delayed? "Are all of the high mastery..." Did you ever think about "playing for fun" ? If you have nothing to do in Warframe, do something else in the meanwhile. Some People seem so loud and angry...

I did play for fun, then my swords did nothing, then my acrid did nothing, then every melee but Galantine and the dual ichors became obsolete so there was no fun anymore. It gets boring using the same weapon day in day out, just because you know every other melee is useless.

Hey everyone

*inhale*

Mid week updates include weapons and small amounts of bug fixes!

Weekend updates include major content drops, epic events, and new warframes!

*exhale*

Wait for the weekend before getting all huffy

Ummm, you what. DE have always done midweek updates, things such as U9, 10, 11, 12 and EVERY MAJOR UPDATE is done on a Wednesday and has been for nearly the entirety of the beta, so i don't know where you got that idea from.

Ummm, you what. DE have always done midweek updates, things such as U9, 10, 11, 12 and EVERY MAJOR UPDATE is done on a Wednesday and has been for nearly the entirety of the beta, so i don't know where you got that idea from.

My mistake, Thursday night updates are more like friday mornings because of my schedule.

And the last several times an Assassin, Warframe, or Event have dropped, its been on a Thrusday.

At any rate, noone should expect Melee 9000.0 to drop before April.

I'd rather have a well made update that took it's time being "perfect" rather than having it rushed and full of complaints. So yeah, if Melee 2.0 was released, say next week or whatever and it was really buggy, unbalanced, full of complaints etc, then yeah, I'll blame DE for that. If it wasn't, then I will still enjoy and respect DE the way they are. Of course, even if it was "perfect" there would still be complaints since every game is full of whiners and you can't satisfy everyone.

EDIT: notice the "   "  in perfect, because nothing is perfect :P

Edited by Pansoy

I'd rather have a well made update that took it's time being "perfect" rather than having it rushed and full of complaints. So yeah, if Melee 2.0 was released, say next week or whatever and it was really buggy, unbalanced, full of complaints etc, then yeah, I'll blame DE for that. If it wasn't, then I will still enjoy and respect DE the way they are. Of course, even if it was "perfect" there would still be complaints since every game is full of whiners and you can't satisfy everyone.

EDIT: notice the "   "  in perfect, because nothing is perfect :P

The main issue with that is we are the beta testers. Melee 2.0 will be buggy as hell, because it will have gone through a hugely limited amount of testing and trialing before it reaches us. 

So it would be better for DE to release it as soon as possible, and allow the beta testers to test the new system whilst they are still working on it. Therefore feedback would be relevant, they wouldn't have had to invest a large amount of time in something the community may hate, and I would have something to do other than putting an 8th forma on my Ignis and a 6th on my Saryn.

The main issue with that is we are the beta testers. Melee 2.0 will be buggy as hell, because it will have gone through a hugely limited amount of testing and trialing before it reaches us. 

So it would be better for DE to release it as soon as possible, and allow the beta testers to test the new system whilst they are still working on it. Therefore feedback would be relevant, they wouldn't have had to invest a large amount of time in something the community may hate, and I would have something to do other than putting an 8th forma on my Ignis and a 6th on my Saryn.

You forgot to mention the part where Melee 2.0 was ONLY meant to be allowing you to equip your melee like a gun or secondary and be able to run around with it. That was it and that was what DE stated (you can watch previous Devstreams.) So, it shouldn't really take that long to put on the codes for that and we would've been able to do that within February. Though as they continued to work on it, they decided to make it even better and put on different animations, combos, etc. The animations alone will probably take awhile, considering all the physics involved in it. Though I do agree that they should have released it sooner for us to give them feedback, running around with your melee would probably be the only thing we could do at that moment and I don't really see the fun in that.

Edited by Pansoy