The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

well since the devs mentioned leaving weapon slots empty how about the stalker comes in with weapons corresponding to the tenno hes after (so if you just have a melee weapon equipped, he's only got hate, or if you just had a main weapon hed only have dread, etc.)
this way if its a one on one thing its an honor duel and he wont be any more/less powerful than normal, relatively speaking

You'll just need to play with mad skills using your melee. While you're fighting just chant to yourself, "It's not as hard as DarkSouls, it's not as hard as DarkSouls."

I plan to be going around melee only as squishy Ember everywhere, so I'll be in the same boat. It's not unfair, just demanding.

Anything but Dark Souls! ANYTHING!

So Ninja Gaiden then?

If I survive the first half second with Stalker, the second half second feels like that because I successfully dodged a one-shot, then I die in the third half second because I'm not running max everything like the people that say he's too easy do.

I think the closest I've ever gotten to beating the punk was when my melee weapon, frame, and primary were below rank 5 and my twin gremlins were fully kitted out (so he was mostly scaled down.)  I was literally ONE nail away from finishing it, but his arrows are instantaneous.  Most fun I've had with stalker simply because I actually felt like I had a chance and it was lightning quick.  This was before his HP started scaling past 450.  This is how Stalker encounters should go in my opinion.  Either lightning quick or elaborate sessions of successful dodges, parries, and counter-strikes.  The latter doesn't really happen because he can fire his bow or throw is knives AS he's swapping to them apparently.  Totally fair.  And people wonder why so many others hate the mandatory death bot...

Every other time, if I haven't picked up a mod I don't want to lose, I sooner just abort knowing how it will go...

Edited by Littleman88

If you watched Devstream 26 then you know that pretty much all melee weapons are losing their charge attacks in Melee 2.0. But today I noticed a problem with this- some mods affect Melee charge attacks, namely Corrupt Charge. In the case of Corrupt Charge we have a rare, hard-to-get Corrupted mod that is about to become completely useless. Will mods such as Corrupt Charge be altered to affect new melee mechanics such as channeling, or will they become "retired" mods, and if so what will be the compensation for players that currently own these mods? Please discuss your idea of how this issue should be handled (more Legendary Cores?).

we're not loosing charged melee, if i understand right, you'l be able to perform then in RIFLE mode (for putting it that way).

we're getting MELEE mode... which has no charged attack. but i'm guessing you can still perform it when holding your rifle/pistol.

we're not loosing charged melee, if i understand right, you'l be able to perform then in RIFLE mode (for putting it that way).

we're getting MELEE mode... which has no charged attack. but i'm guessing you can still perform it when holding your rifle

they said the only thing you could do in rifle "mode" is a quick melee slashes

they said the only thing you could do in rifle "mode" is a quick melee slashes

oh, ups.

then i guess choole2 may be right, they'll become channeling mods or something, in any case, we won't lose anything, as this change is great IMO.

P.S. maybe we're losing that OP galatine, which i don't care about lol.

Does that mean DE will transform Pressure Point into a rank 10 mod?

MindBlown.gif

Although I must admit, the exponential scaling of melee damage linked to the "Hit Counter" would really invalidate any need to unnecessarily  bump up the rank of Pressure Point so I could be wrong...

EDIT: To whichever mod who merged my initial post to this Megathread, I sincerely apologize. I did read the guidelines, unfortunately in my enthusiasm for the upcoming update, I had forgotten about this Megathread. Thank you.

Edited by yuio678

Does that mean DE will transform Pressure Point into a rank 10 mod?

MindBlown.gif

Although I must admit, the exponential scaling of melee damage linked to the "Hit Counter" would really invalidate any need to unnecessarily  bump up the rank of Pressure Point so I could be wrong...

OMG OMG OMG OMG