The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

You´re going to have to re-make a part of the tutorial,so that players can learn how to activate combos,charge their mellee,block,parry

Also,how about you teach them how to perform dodge-rolls?Could come useful tbh

Wat´cha guys think?Is it time we got a more expanded tutorial?

If heavy melee units don't have knockdowns, there really wouldn't be any challenge at all in getting to them. Yes it's annoying, and yet it may break the flow of your combo. But unlike the cheapness of stuff like Stalker or Broken Lights, knockdowns have been around for quite some time, and we have many valid methods of overcoming knockdowns even with Melee 1.0, including knocking down the heavies with a jump attack, using slide attacks, using Warframe powers like Radial Blind, tricking the heavy to perform knockdown before you dodge back to avoid it etc.

Grineer (and Corrupted Heavy Gunners) are the only faction capable of said fast knockdowns in melee, which the Corpus and Infested don't have. The result is that even with the current melee system, the Corpus and Infested are actually quite easy to melee. The Grineer Heavies are pretty much the only notable challenge left for this game's melee system... apart from Stalker.

You can't just simply rush in and expect to be a melee god, hacking and slashing everything without consequence. It's not like Heavy Knockdowns are cheapshots that can't be avoided at all costs.

Edited by LGear

You´re going to have to re-make a part of the tutorial,so that players can learn how to activate combos,charge their mellee,block,parry

Also,how about you teach them how to perform dodge-rolls?Could come useful tbh

Wat´cha guys think?Is it time we got a more expanded tutorial?

I agree with everything but the dodge-roll bit... I've never known it to be anything close to useful. But then, that's just me, and other people likely have had different experiences. :D

melee about to get all crazy up in space.

looking forward to stance and channeling.

i think i'll go with the fast stance(iron phoenix was it called?). 

gonna hit them so fast they won't realize they dead till i'm cutting up another target. 

Whatevva! You get my point with the stance switching thing for single lightsabers dont cha?

It would be nice if one could aim with your melee weapons in warframe and choose what direction to cut, move left: cut from the right to the left. move forward: cut down. move diagonally backwards: Cut diagonally upwards. It would also be really nice to use basic combos in air and only do a leap attack by holding. So one can jump and cut of their faces with an uppercut.

That button would cause issues, as the game would have to switch out an entire animation set for another. It's bound to be very prone to bugs too, just not something that should be done. Choose your stance in the Menu and commit.

Whatevva! You get my point with the stance switching thing for single lightsabers dont cha?

Yeah, I do get the comparison. In fact, that was my first thought upon reading the thread.

It would be nice if one could aim with your melee weapons in warframe and choose what direction to cut, move left: cut from the right to the left. move forward: cut down. move diagonally backwards: Cut diagonally upwards.

I've always wanted that directional swinging of the melee weaponry. That was actually one of the first idea threads I ever posted on this site.  A shame I can't find that thread now... It seems to have disappeared.

Hah just realized that perhaps Ash can keep a pretty high melee counter since he can teleport enemy to enemy and if any trouble happens he can just smoke bomb out of the situation. He can just run up and start slashing the weaker enemies, accumulate a big melee counter, then teleport to the heavy which will stun for a little bit, and use the melee with a high counter to kill said heavy.

....But I guess others have probably thought this through already. :P

So will stealth keep the damage multiplier for melee?

If so my never-ending loki invisibility with the new melee mode will just wreck everything...

Then I have a question, even after watching the video where they explained all I'm still wondering:

What will happen to charged attacks? will my galatine stop being usefull? what if I dont put it on the new melee mode and keep it the old way? 

So will stealth keep the damage multiplier for melee?

If so my never-ending loki invisibility with the new melee mode will just wreck everything...

Then I have a question, even after watching the video where they explained all I'm still wondering:

What will happen to charged attacks? will my galatine stop being usefull? what if I dont put it on the new melee mode and keep it the old way? 

Invisibility and Smoke Screen do still keep their melee bonuses.

Charged attacks are being removed, but that doesn't nessessarily mean that the Galatine will become useless. Instead, there's a new mechanic in the Charge attack placed that lets you embed some of your Warframe energy into your melee strikes, drastically increasing damage output. Each hit is said to take 5 Energy from the frame though, so utilizing invis and smoke screen will probably be more tactical due to their energy cost teecchhnicalllyy rising since we all want to melee S#&$. Of course, no one is forcing you to embed your energy everytime you go invisible. And I believe they said something about being able to reduce that energy cost per hit further with a mod. Hopefully down to 1 energy :].

In galatine's case, it may sound like it's RIP for it, but there might be a new stat in place of the Charge stat, maybe something like a damage multiplier on hits embedded with Warframe energy. Galatine might have a gigantic bonus to damage when you're using your energy for strikes, for example.

So I wouldn't count it out just yet.

Edited by Triburos

Well its suppose to come out today and the anticipation is literally killing me and my F5 button. I'm so ready to use my whip (scoliac), Kogake, and glaive prime.

I fear for my Jat Kittag.

What if DE turn it into a generic hammer animation? 

What is gonna happen to this beautiful piece of jet-powered machinery?

Hopefully it will remain unique.

I fear for my Jat Kittag.

What if DE turn it into a generic hammer animation? 

What is gonna happen to this beautiful piece of jet-powered machinery?

Hopefully it will remain unique.

Jat is love

Jat is life

Rocket power forever

I believe that i wouldn't want to get into his melee range, to be honest. :D

His Hate deals Toxin damage now, and thus, bypasses shields. Since i don't use Vitality that often, getting hit by that...thing...isn't very appealing to me.

Edited by Harbinger777