Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invansions: 25K Credits Vs 1 Orokin Cell For 5 Runs

SonicSonedit

DE totally lost it. 5 extermination runs for THIS?! I will get much more for the same amount of time for doing ANY defense/mobile/survival. And I will get additional rewards, for survival/defense. Wow. Just wow.

Worst of all, it was a ninja nerf. A person who made this decision thought no one will notice or what? God.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Yeah, Invasions aren't worth doing anymore... 5 repetitive runs for 1 Orokin Cell? Like you said, a survival run or mobile defense on the appropriate planet can get 1+ Orokin cell per run. 

Don't attack the DE staff though, saying someone should be fired over 1 little mistake is harsh. As long as they correct things, its cool. 

Bumps will occur, and after all, no one is forcing you to do invasions, the reward is just that, a reward. A bonus. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Eventually, DE will notice no one is doing it, and will fix it, getting all angry about it...well, not really much of a catalyst.

From my understanding, they're trying something new in regards to invasions to try to sway the current progression of it. Let's be completely honest though, most people are doing invasion for the purpose of getting marked. So grineer will still continue to strong arm. I was alarmed at how trivial the rewards are, but to find out that it's an experiment on the system is also refreshing. Albeit a pretty failed one from the looks of it, but at least it's being looked it. 

well they are random( not a DE sits all day and plans wt next 20 invasion maps will drop)

but agreed invasions need a buff to rewards and if they would become a little slower,

we would appreciate them more

Edited by Gio21

Idea: Enable a nightmare run that counts for 3-5 wins. Making it much more difficult and decreasing time. But still allowing lower level player to grind it out. Also add a just increase the level for more wins :P vs lvl 50-70 grineer and get a real challenge in a exterminate setting instead of only survival-defense.

Allow tiered awards.

1 win 5 k cr.

3 win 1 orokin cell.

5 wins 25k cr

10 wins catalyst blueprint.

15 wins reactor blueprint.

20 wins Forma.

Add them both together and even with the lower credit awards (that I want to be higher) I would be interested. Too bad this would take a complete invasion UI overhaul, Making it a difficult to implement suggestion.

Fun fact: People still found it worth it, seeing as the Corpus won that invasion.

Either way, I find 5 runs for a guaranteed Orokin Cell to be a better option than ruking up Ruk over 10 times for a chance at a cell that never really drops, or topping the leaderboards on Ceres, yet still getting one damn cell.

If I kill Ruk 5 times, I will get 2-3 cells. This invasion didn't pay better than normal missions, so I just didn't do it. If the credit reward is lower than T3 void, I'm not going to do it.

You listening to this, Corpus and Grineer accountants? If you want us to fight for you, you'd better pay us well. Otherwise we'll just murder you repeatedly and take it for ourselves.

The mechanics change to invasions they listed a while ago was described as a change to strategy by the losing side.

DE, this isn't strategy. What happened was that the invasion rewards got cut in half and that the side with the least territory offers rewards which are marginally closer to the original rewards.

What SHOULD have happened was that the rewards stayed the same for the winning side and the losing side offered MORE. The new setup is not offering rewards out of desperation, it's like the Corpus and Grineer signed a treaty to give the Tenno less rewards for both sides unless they absolutely have to in self-defense.

If I kill Ruk 5 times, I will get 2-3 cells. This invasion didn't pay better than normal missions, so I just didn't do it. If the credit reward is lower than T3 void, I'm not going to do it.

You listening to this, Corpus and Grineer accountants? If you want us to fight for you, you'd better pay us well. Otherwise we'll just murder you repeatedly and take it for ourselves.

YOU will get more cells. /I/ won't. It's not a guaranteed chance to get the cells, as I can certainly tell from my bad luck streak of Detonite Ampules from Ruk a few days ago. Imo, I would prefer the old 3 cells, but a cell is still a cell.

I guess they are simply gathering data: Change a system and check the statistics. That's what I would be doing if I'd ninja-nerf a reward system so low that there is hardly any incentive to play, all the while not giving my reasons for the change.

The Invasions went out of control, so they had to do something. The Detron AND the Oxium (even if that hardly ever dropped during invasions, and you are far better off farming somewhere else) meant people played them, and fought against Corpus, resulting in a rather one-sided star map. Option to change it: Give a LITTLE bit of an unbalance towards the force of the corpus (at least that's my perception), and make the rewards so small its hardly worth doing anymore. And suddenly, the Grineer rush comes to a halt. Sneaky, but effective.