Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinlock Is Too Slow For A Future Lever Action Shotgun.

Arlayn

Either Tenno lack the intelligence, or skill to use a lever action, or the Grineer are worse than weapon developers in modern times, and in 1887.

Seriously has anyone seen a lever action shotgun shoot before?

1887 remake by Chiappa

1887 Winchester

Lever actions from today, or an 1887 model made in 1888 shoots faster than the Grinlock. Something is really wrong when a professional can shoot these at incredible speeds, and these so called ninja/Mercenary/Assassin/Space people shoot it at a far slower speed. they shoot it faster than as if it was the first time, but they shoot it slower than a pro would.

Even movies depict them quite well in their rapid firing gun slinging glory days. I mean if its going to take us so long to shoot it at least let us do a Twirl with it before every shot or something...

If I can't be a gunslinger let me be terminator LOL... Edited by Arlayn

Awhile back they were calling it shotgun... Oh well guess designs change quickly...

It doesn't look, feel or play as a shotgun nor does it say anywhere or suggest that it is a shotgun. It literally tells you that its a lever action repeating rifle. 

A six shot lever action rifle with the speed of a Soma when it comes to semi-auto. Ehm. No.

Because I'd love to shoot all 6 rounds in less than a second with a flick of my index finger over a mouse wheel. /sarcasm

Either way. Grinlock when it comes to shooting speed is fine. Least for me. Still ranking it up and about to slap on a Shred mod.

A six shot lever action rifle with the speed of a Soma when it comes to semi-auto. Ehm. No.

Because I'd love to shoot all 6 rounds in less than a second with a flick of my index finger over a mouse wheel. /sarcasm

Either way. Grinlock when it comes to shooting speed is fine. Least for me. Still ranking it up and about to slap on a Shred mod.

Agreed, It can never compete with the Latron/Latron Prime with its fire rate.

I thought we abandoned the "realism" angle a long time ago in favor of the law of cool. Hence why we have lever action anything in a sci-fi game. Also, I think the Grinlock has a pretty good firerate for the damage it does. Though I am somewhat annoyed by the random spread when you spam it too quickly.

It seems to have pinpoint accuracy, but here and there one shot goes slightly off. Still dunno if it's random spread or if it's caused by trying to shoot at the max firerate.. either way it's inconsistent which makes it annoying.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Either Tenno lack the intelligence, or skill to use a lever action, or the Grineer are worse than weapon developers in modern times, and in 1887.

Seriously has anyone seen a lever action shotgun shoot before?

1887 remake by Chiappa

1887 Winchester

Lever actions from today, or an 1887 model made in 1888 shoots faster than the Grinlock. Something is really wrong when a professional can shoot these at incredible speeds, and these so called ninja/Mercenary/Assassin/Space people shoot it at a far slower speed. they shoot it faster than as if it was the first time, but they shoot it slower than a pro would.

Even movies depict them quite well in their rapid firing gun slinging glory days. I mean if its going to take us so long to shoot it at least let us do a Twirl with it before every shot or something...

If I can't be a gunslinger let me be terminator LOL...

Since when were you a grineer weapons expert.

Started leveling the weapon recently; so far, the weapon works well despite it's lever action feature (it's in fact what people wanted, a lever action rifle to play with). If anything, I see it as a lever action rifle without a scope. Firerate is rather fine even, giving a good tempo between shots.

If you want for it to go faster, slap a Firerate mod on it; problem solved.

Since when were you a grineer weapons expert.

Are you aware of what Silver Tiger means? Or perhaps Grand Master? Nice going Gold Novice. Please leave until you have something to actually say.

Started leveling the weapon recently; so far, the weapon works well despite it's lever action feature (it's in fact what people wanted, a lever action rifle to play with). If anything, I see it as a lever action rifle without a scope. Firerate is rather fine even, giving a good tempo between shots.

If you want for it to go faster, slap a Firerate mod on it; problem solved.

No problem not solved. After a forma, the stupid thing feels more and more sluggish. Yeah if you are one-shotting things it feels fine, but enemies that take multiple hits really make you realize how bad the fire rate can be.

I thought we abandoned the "realism" angle a long time ago in favor of the law of cool. Hence why we have lever action anything in a sci-fi game. Also, I think the Grinlock has a pretty good firerate for the damage it does. Though I am somewhat annoyed by the random spread when you spam it too quickly.

It seems to have pinpoint accuracy, but here and there one shot goes slightly off. Still dunno if it's random spread or if it's caused by trying to shoot at the max firerate.. either way it's inconsistent which makes it annoying.

I'm surprised people are complaining about the fire rate.  It's pretty comfortable for picking shots and switching targets, I never really feel slowed down by it.  And weren't people complaining that semi-autos were tough/impossible to hit the fire rate cap when they're up in the 10/sec range or whatever?  Wouldn't slower, more powerful semi-autos be a good thing?

Plus, the gun feels rad as hell.  Very satisfying to use.  But I do notice the weird spread problem.  Also, has anyone noticed it's a little sticky to fire it after coming out of a sprint sometimes?