The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

no, sorry, i do not work for DE, i play the game.

they should figure how to fix their own mess.

there was tons of posts with ideas, like the token system one, why add more ideas to the pool?

DE will do what they want, and is their game, is reasonable.

but i am tired of seeing bad decisions one after another, so no more worries here, if warframe sinks or success, i could not care less.

i can only say - this is the game, stay or leave, dont waste more time trying to help the devs - they dont want to be helped.

Yea this was a bad idea :L the game has very little meaning to play now "I really want the frost prime, i'll just buy it" aren't the primes supposed to be hard to get? aren't they supposed to be something special? now they're all worth nothing.

Yep, DE cares absolutely nothing for its player-base. I'm pretty sure Damage 2.0 wasn't a response to the massively ridiculous armor scaling. I think Melee 2.0 wasn't prompted by all the "make melee viable" threads. Trading, in the first place, was, I'm sure, not a product of several community thread requests either. The additions to tilesets were probably not encouraged by the regular pleadings for them. Removing the RNG wall to get to Banshee, and then Volt, was most likely not a product of the think-tank that is the Warframe community. I've never seen anyone ask for engaging and challenging bosses to replace the current one either, and most everyone would like to keep Vay Hek as is, I'm sure. 

Fighting pessimism with sarcasm is just what I do.

TL;DR: "I find your lack of faith, disturbing". 

-Darth Vader

No.. no it's not, Unless its a casual

That's not true...

I built a brand new account Friday just to see what all the hoopla about the new player experience was.

It's really bad.

From the Opening Tutorial bad.

It's actually worse now than when I originally started because the community has grown and devolved and the starter weapons are actually worse now than they were before 2.0.

Elemental Mods, which are a requirement now, are in exotic drop locations with cluttered loot tables. Stormbringer is actually harder to find than Serration now, imo.

That said though... This isn't a hardcore game so it shouldn't be difficult for casual players to pick up either using your logic.

People need to stop *@##$ing. It's a good thing. What someone does to avoid a possible week or two grind doesn't affect another player at all, or should they take it as a "This cheapens my weapon I worked hard to obtain!". Seriously, nobody cares. You're putting some stupid pride on the fact you spent mindless hours grinding something. Congrats.

I've been grinding captures for a month now trying to find my second Orthos Prime Blade with no luck. So I'm happy about this. Edited by Coldmute

>make game about grinding

>put tons of rng

>eliminate rng

>????

>profit

In its' current state it is a bad move because it will keep people playing less and weapons/frames will just be leveled up and left in the inventory faster.

If I was a new player I would be grateful and this change does not affect me or any other veteran but the game as a whole. It's the bigger picture that later will backfire. The endgame isn't here yet, grinding and obtaining weapons and maxing is the endgame at the moment hand in hand with going ridiculously high waves in Def./Survival. If this is eliminated with the game at its' current state part of the only two choices of endgame will he eliminated.

Am I happy people will give DE more money trying to buy plat trying to buy BPs and stuff? Not really it's not my job and I'm not gaining anything nor am I losing anything either but great for them, business-wise it's a good move. Is this a bad move for the game? Probably once again in its' current state. Am I grateful they're moving towards removing RNG and 'the grind'? Definitely but I believe that could wait until the endgame is here because once that is implemented people will have a goal apart from just maxing weapons and obtaining them.

And yes formaing a Warframe and ranking them up a few times will keep people playing but not as well or as long as if people were farming/grinding for the BPs/parts.

I don't enjoy RNG or grinding as much as the next person but looking at it realistically its' the foundation of the game once you've done everything else this foundation becomes the core goal of the game.

As well as the effort of veterans being thrown out the window is another topic but the fact is that the effort they've made for primes and stuff means nothing now because they have nothing to show for it maybe that's where the complaints come from that they can't say "Hey I worked for this before you could trade them nor did I trade mine to obtain it.' It's basically the ego thing where it is 'Effort vs Reward' where the reward at the moment for primes isn't much.

I still say the solution is to make prime frames just skins as that is what they are and just price them with plat. But we'll see how this plays out.

>make game about grinding

>put tons of rng

>eliminate rng

>????

>profit

In its' current state it is a bad move because it will keep people playing less and weapons/frames will just be leveled up and left in the inventory faster.

If I was a new player I would be grateful and this change does not affect me or any other veteran but the game as a whole. It's the bigger picture that later will backfire. The endgame isn't here yet, grinding and obtaining weapons and maxing is the endgame at the moment hand in hand with going ridiculously high waves in Def./Survival. If this is eliminated with the game at its' current state part of the only two choices of endgame will he eliminated.

Am I happy people will give DE more money trying to buy plat trying to buy BPs and stuff? Not really it's not my job and I'm not gaining anything nor am I losing anything either but great for them, business-wise it's a good move. Is this a bad move for the game? Probably once again in its' current state. Am I grateful they're moving towards removing RNG and 'the grind'? Definitely but I believe that could wait until the endgame is here because once that is implemented people will have a goal apart from just maxing weapons and obtaining them.

And yes formaing a Warframe and ranking them up a few times will keep people playing but not as well or as long as if people were farming/grinding for the BPs/parts.

I don't enjoy RNG or grinding as much as the next person but looking at it realistically its' the foundation of the game once you've done everything else this foundation becomes the core goal of the game.

As well as the effort of veterans being thrown out the window is another topic but the fact is that the effort they've made for primes and stuff means nothing now because they have nothing to show for it maybe that's where the complaints come from that they can't say "Hey I worked for this before you could trade them nor did I trade mine to obtain it.' It's basically the ego thing where it is 'Effort vs Reward' where the reward at the moment for primes isn't much.

I still say the solution is to make prime frames just skins as that is what they are and just price them with plat. But we'll see how this plays out.

Lets wait and see what U13 will give us. We can be pessimistic after that.

And new players still have to farm credits and whatnot, there is whole game in front of them.

We don't all hate RNG. If RNG was inherently bad then 99% of the RPGs out there would have no player bases. Hell, dungeon crawlers are based on it. (Torchlight, PoE, Diablo, etc.) RNG is pefectly fine. Execution is what's tricky, also how much to add is tricky.

That wasn't the point of your post, I was just saying. :P

Edited by SolidSp33d

.. to disable all this butthurt going on right now?

I can understand, if some people dont like that BP trading.

But for anti-christ's sake... DE mentioned it before. You wanted it back then.  Now its here, and all you are doing is moaning and crying?

http://youtu.be/eM-P_r2Unbw

http://youtu.be/eM-P_r2Unbw

http://youtu.be/XFtCSGWRqAs

http://youtu.be/XFtCSGWRqAs

And new players still have to farm credits and whatnot, there is whole game in front of them.

That is indeed true but I'm sure DE wants the people who are about to get to that endgame to remain in the game as well. They do have to farm that stuff but at the moment one element was removed from the farm which is prime stuff when they get to that point they will probably just buy the last part they need so while it took them 3-5 days maybe to obtain it before now it might take 3-5 minutes. That's all I was saying so looking at it from DEs' perspective they will make more money but people may play the game less time as compared to before.

So it's just between keeping players longer or making more money but if you keep players here longer they might spend more money in the long run but the money won't come in right away. x_x

Decisions decisions.. :o

-snip-

I support your opinion +1. As a veteran, I'm okay with this change. Finally a use for those spare parts that we don't need.

Screwed the Vets? Never felt it that way. I saw only more easier way for people with extra plat or extra BPs to finally get what they need.

People are screaming against trade just for the sake of screaming. I dont know where all this hate and hurt in the butt is coming from.

Definitely. Most likely they just feel that everyone should put the same amount of effort as them to getting their Prime equipment instead of taking the easy way out by "buying off" other people. For that, it is now a matter of choice. In the end, the point is to get the Prime equipment, and we have a new alternative.

@OP  - Yea I can imagine it sucks for alot. First DE slaps ppl in the face who grinded the events for Brakk, then nerf it. Before that they had nerfed another event weapon, StrunWraith. Now they're biggest supporters, those that buy enough plat to buy the Prime pkgs get slapped, lol

I guess not enough Prime Pkgs were getting sold, lol

Greed, mark my words DE won't last for long. This game will get sold in a year. Send it happen before.

I've got over 800 platinum

Still going to get Paris Prime legitimately.

tumblr_mirr53vDZ71s122zwo1_500.gif

I had a pretty good time as a beginner by the way; there was many a failed mission.

Lol whoever made this had/has too much time on their hands, Lol  had me laughing big time.

A quick thing I want to say:

DE, if you're reading this, please don't remove prime trading despite all the whining about it.

It will benefit the game in the long run, just try and ignore the people who think everyone should be forced to go through grinding for parts.

Also, I was hoping that some of the people who are against prime trading would come in and discuss the matter.

Guess not. Shame, really.

Edited by MechNexus

Because these things are exploding all over the place, and I think we should put em all together. I have added yet one more thread because I wanted to take a poll of opinions, something hard to measure in the other threads.

First off, like this post if you support tradable prime parts. The against trading will be below this.

Okay so this prime trade has quite a few people angry right? So that means you want something that isn't trading or RNG right? There is also quite a few people that play this game yes (don't have an exact number)?

So let's hear YOUR ideas.

The purpose of this thread isn't to tear each other or DE apart but instead, hear your ideas and maybe it could be implemented.

No seriously, don't fight please.

One idea I read was during a update thread and the user had a great idea. Unfortunately, I don't remember their name and have trouble finding it. However, the idea was that depending on the key you used, you would get 'void points' to spend. For example, if you did a T3 exterminate you would get 3 'void points' if you did a T3 defense mission, you would get 1 to 3 'void points' every 5 waves. If you did a T2 capture mission you would get 2 'void points'. There would be something similar to the market where you can spend these points and depending on the item they can vary in 'void point' cost. An Ember prime helmet would cost 5 'void points' (still thinking what it would actually be).

Again this was not my idea but an other user and have trouble remembering what they said exactly but it was along these lines.

So what are YOUR ideas. You guys have been playing this game for a while now right? So you must have something in mind that maybe you've been holding back.

people aint hqappy unless others play by their rules. They'd rather leave others in the dust to have a sense of being better simply because they have more, you mess with their ability to have more and make it easier for others to obtain more, this happens.

Most likely are seeing it as good rather, that hey I can finally get that one damn piece that never drops... others here would rather they continue to suffer.

Edited by TrockBronze