The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

prime trading? oh yeah, I forgot that's a thing. I was too busy not trading to let it affect me so I just forgot it existed. Who would have thought I was never forced to trade if I didn't want to!

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

Make lods e money from b4 useless spare parts. 

This. Also, I'll only trade for parts if I'm desperate, I like doing things on my own and will continue to do so, and I don't care what other people use it for. Being able to get around the RNG is a good thing, and saying that getting lucky is an accomplishment is silly.

I just helped a a guy finally get his Burston, and now we are friends. I'd say this is a good thing.

But surely this can't be a good thing. I mean, think of all the people who had to go out of their way to acquire this item. I feel as if I have no other purpose in this game since the once special item that I worked so hard to obtain has fallen into the hands of a trader! Oh what a dark day this is! my shallow self can't comprehend that other people can't play warframe for half a day without worrying about life!

/s 

Minus the obvious sarcasm and exaggerated lines this is  basically exactly what everyone I've heard who opposes this prime trading sounds like. "someone is getting something sooner so they can have fun because they aren't can't or don't want to get it by themselves so that means my experience is ruined and I see no point in farming for primes"

This is not a good thing. Think about the prime access and founders pack where every1 got prime items for excessive amounts of plat to "show support."

For goodness sake, due to bargaining power of buyers, NOW you can probably get all the prime access stuff for less than 100 plat....heck, I can probably haggle for 50-75 plat total. 

Anyone who believes they were positively affected by this update, please look at your character after a good night's rest and REALIZE most of your accomplishment in this game is not through space ninja-ing, it's through a marketplace of bottom priced goods with no action and ALL THE SPAM!

I, myself, have benefited from the trade but now I feel lousy because I didn't really earn it through hard work. No. I don't consider trading my junk for useful items to be "hard work" at all... I BEG DE TO MAKE THE END GAME CONTENT IN THE FUTURE TO BE UNTRADEABLE or all of DE's future updates will end up working against them.

Edited by rangeless

Trading is a win win situation for pretty much everyone involved, everyone complaining is making a mountain out of a molehill with insisting that trading is going to affect them somehow.

Its not a molehill to the people complaining. For them, videogames are serious business where you achieve things through hard work and skill.

Good riddance to the lot of them, I say. The rest of us will still play videogames for fun.

Make lods e money from b4 useless spare parts. 

loads of money that doesn't exist. The only thing of value to trade with is platinum, what are you going to do with platinum? Transfer it into steam funds? No. you can't. You can only spend platinum in warframe and any "money" you make in warframe, stays in warframe. At the end of the day this platinum is just a normal currency system, you can trade for more but all you can do with it is spend the money within the confines of the game. Now if this was a real money auction house on the hand then I would start to question DE severely.

They handled this decently well so far, I'm happy for them.

This is not a good thing. Think about the prime access and founders pack where every1 got prime items for excessive amounts of plat to "show support."

For goodness sake, due to bargaining power of buyers, NOW you can probably get all the prime access stuff for less than 100 plat....heck, I can probably haggle for 50-75 plat total. 

Anyone who believes they were positively affected by this update, please look at your character after a good night's rest and REALIZE most of your accomplishment in this game is not through space ninja-ing, it's through a marketplace of bottom priced goods with no action and ALL THE SPAM!

I, myself, have benefited from the trade but now I feel lousy because I didn't really earn it through hard work. No. I don't consider trading my junk for useful items to be "hard work" at all... I BEG DE TO MAKE THE END GAME CONTENT IN THE FUTURE TO BE UNTRADEABLE or all of DE's future updates will end up working against them.

imz92qdmr3sw.png

Edited by Killerdude8

hey, guess what. I have a crazy idea for you. Don't trade :D! What a ground breaking concept isn't it? you want to earn your prime stuff? Then earn it yourself! Want to get rid of your junk? sell it through your inventory and be done with it!

This is like walking into a grocery store and buying a pound of bananas and getting mad at the store because you didn't earn those bananas. YOU DID THIS ON YOUR OWN ACCORD, DE DOESN'T HAVE A GUN TO YOUR HEAD MAKING YOU TRADE.

Alleviate the pain? You also forgot killing any accomplishment of playing the game. I can have full decked out prime gear and max ranked guns and it won't mean jack because the dude next door who spent their plat through the marketplace can get to the same position as me in LITERALLY NO TIME FLAT. OMG!

Here's the story I've been telling people today. (This was before tables were rearranged) 

I did 120+ T3 Defense runs in search of Fang Prime Blades. How many did I get in my search? 

Zero.

Not even one.

Now you look me in the eye and tell me with a straight face that I didn't work for those. Go on, tell me.

If those countless man hours trying to find one part that I would've needed to find two of weren't enough, what is? Who are you to tell me I haven't earned the right to spend a little platinum or trade a useless part for something I've worked towards?

Sorry, I'm failing to see how allowing trading of platinum is "cash-grabby".

What they've done is to increase the utility (and hence, value) of platinum. And yeah, people probably will buy more platinum because it's worth more. So? A cash-grab would be increasing the value of platinum and increasing the price to reflect that. Increasing the value of platinum without increasing the price is not a cash-grab.

But there's also the question of begrudging DE making money. I see this attitude a lot, and I don't get it. People don't seem to realise that the vast majority of the profit does not go into Sheldon's pocket. DE needs to pay for maintenance. More profit they make, the more services they can afford to maintain, and the more they can afford to spend on squishing bugs. DE needs to pay for continued development. The more profit they make, the more that development can be expanded. DE needs to salt away money to underwrite potential losses and make sure Warframe doesn't disappear. That can only be done with profit, and the more they make, the more secure the game's continued existence is.

People seem to be treating this as if it's suddenly ruined the economy by adding an influx of anything; the stuff being sold right now are from MONTHS of people grinding the hell out of voids to build a massive stockpile of parts, now rather than those being useless they have the ability to tell those off for platinum whilst at the same time helping out people who don't necessarily have the time to grind the hell out of voids till RNG rolls in their favor enough times.

Once people have burnt off their stock it'll much more likely turn into part for part trading, or with the occasional sale to then buy the piece they infact need, saving them potentially tens of hours that not everyone has to be playing games.

I'm hoping to be able to use this to persuade one of my friends to play since I will be able to give them some decent gear to help them out.  I've already helped out two clan mates by giving them spare components that they missed out on because they didn't happen to be in the same mission as me that time.

The only problem with this, is the fact peoples massive Egos have been obliterated.

"Look at me, I got X prime item from Farming!! Look at the size of my Epeen, are you impressed?"

Now with the new system, people such as myself who are having massive troubles trying to get that part they want, No longer have to suffer through the annoying trials of RNG. On top of that, People who have parts I need, but need parts I have, we can now trade.

It's a Win, Win situation.

This! So much of this... I worked my &amp;#&#33; off for Banshee but when they added her to the Tenno Lab, did I care about the days I spent farming her? Nope. I'm happy that new players who join in this game have the chance to play the game. I hope all of you who haven't already got these BP's finally manage to build them. <3

People will trade for the most inane reason.

But I don't mind. 

I "bought" jagged edge, contagious spread and stuff like that, because I can't be arsed to do the hunting.

Those guys can use my plat to buy slots and other "necessities" like scarfs cos it is a need ya know :p

I always HATED platinum trading.  Now I actually got a use for it.  Selling prime parts for cheap.  Get rid of parts I'll never use for pocket change while making others happy.  Only people who wants others to not have things would have a problem here.  Well, and my hundreds of barrels cause no one wants those.