The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

Well, if you DO want to play void missions, I expect that the LFG channel will die down quite a bit after this. Which is kinda sad imho.

Forma is still exclusive to void though (and market ofc).

Edited by LocoWithGun

Got all mag prime parts a few minutes ago, without spending a single plat.

People don't buy  those with plat , they actually prefer to trade them  with other prime parts that they don't have . i've seen very few people of my clan and in region chat actually succeeding in selling for plat some prime parts.

It's a good thing for DE and for us 

> people could now spend more of their plat in the market instead of trading

> makes Primes more accessible , they're not exclusive content  everyone should have the right to have some . and besides :  to get the parts easy you still need to grind a few void levels to get enough parts to trade  , but not as much as before , which is good 

It's become like a natural resource XD

What do you guys think? Let's discuss!

iVMDiHA.gif

The problem isn't that you can buy prime parts, it's that now people can bypass hours of farming for ~$3 worth of plat. What about those of us that spent over a hundred hours farming a burston prime? Do we get monetary recompense for that? No. So fine we don't get that. But why were we playing warframe? To get all those cool prime weapons right? What do you do after you get all the prime stuff? Try to go to wave 100 on defense? Last 1 hour+ in survival? Why? There is literally no point to this game with the recent pay to win update. You could still go farm primes in the void but who would spend 50+ hours getting all the prime parts for a specific item when you can buy all those parts for ~100 plat?

Remember the 19th of February as the day Warframe died.

I'm sorry you had to farm all this time but you seem to forget something.

WE ARE BETA TESTERS: this may sound weird but the game is still in beta you know...we're here to push it to it's limits in balance mechanics  and other gameplay aspects and so on .

100 plat is so much for this. Just Take your stock  of prime duplicates and offer to exchange them for your missing parts or mods.

This change is excellent for newcomers, imagine them having to grind like you and quitting the game after 2 void runs......this system is for the best for the future of the game 

Edited by Deidaku

There's no explanation, no pictures. What are you trying to say, exactly??

The FrostP BP was the reward for the first event, although players thought they were going to get the whole warframe and assumed it would be exclusive, instead they had to go farm the parts into the void which was added shortly after. The kind of complaints were similar, that's about it really.

Edited by CubedOobleck

I'm not here to debate about anything regarding pay-to-win or endgame. While I may make references to either of them, that is not my issue with the trading additions given to players in the most recent update. I am here representing all of those players who earned most or all of the Prime weapons and warframes before update 12.2.0.

We, the players, steadily think that having the ability to trade Prime blueprints removes all of the value that they once held. No longer are they objects to be cherished and shown to friends with pompous attitude. No longer are they rewards of late nights and laughs with members of the entire community. No longer will people long for void keys as they once did many updates ago. While many new players may argue that this gives them a chance to get a part they have such trouble getting, market dilutions have all but removed any monetary value they could possibly hold and have enabled players to sell any blueprint for 5 platinum, essentially making prime weapons and warframes cheaper than most market items.

Please consider removing this feature immediately. It lowers the essential replay value that any free-to-play game MUST have. It also makes us older players who have gotten all of these prime weapons and warframes subject to scrutiny from fellow players on whether or not they were bought or earned.

Sincerely,

Joey B.

I barely have any issue with this post.

Have my upvote.

I'm sorry you had to farm all this time but you seem to forget something.

WE ARE BETA TESTERS: this may sound weird but the game is still in beta you know...we're here to push it to it's limits in balance mechanics  and other gameplay aspects and so on .

100 plat is so much for this. Just Take you stock  of prime duplicates and offer to exchange them for your missing parts or mods.

This change is excellent for newcomers, imagine them having to grind like you and quitting the game after 2 void runs......this system is for the best for the future of the game 

I was gonna reply "... " but you said it better. +1

I keep seeing this. "0MG GU153! PR1M3 TR4D3 RU1N5 W4RFR4M3! 1'M QU1TT1NG!" or something really similar to that. I see that the majority of players hate it because a guy that barely joined 3 minutes ago can get Frost, Mag, and Ember Prime if they have the right "stuff". Solution? Remove the Plat option. Simple as that. Been grinding for that Glaive Prime Blade with no luck and instead got a Braton Receiver. Some unlucky guy out there is probably looking for a Receiver and has a spare Glaive Prime Blade. Really, that's a pretty good solution if you ask me. Some other people are ganna be like "I FARMED SO HARD FOR THAT BUT HE GETS IT WITH A SIMPLE TRADE?". Well I don't know a solution for that but suck it up. You're mature enough right?

I am personally unsure as to whether this is a good thing or not. Right now I'm furious, but if I only consider my short-term, emotional reactions to everything, I'd want everything I have to be better, and for nothing to be balanced for fun. All I'm seeing from both sides of this fight is a bunch of mad and a complete failure to understand what the other party is feeling. I'm mad, but I can also understand and appreciate why others are happy. I'm not going to go around calling everyone who wants to buy primes "easy mode".  Because they're not. You can trade for mods, which are arguably the most important items in the game anyway. We don't call people out on those.

And people who like trading should absolutely not call people upset about this knee-jerk raging or what have you. Whether or not the change was for the best, it did rob a part of the community of their time. Some of us collected primes not because they were the best, but because they were unique and difficult to acquire. They were a special thing that we got for doing lots of work and trying hard. It was part of the appeal of the game. And it's gone. I'm not saying it shouldn't be gone, I'm saying that you should use your empathy and understand why we're upset about it before you just insult us and write us off as cry babies.

All I ask is that people understand that the frustration people feel is warranted; and understand that while that frustration is warranted, this choice still might be for the best. Sometimes to make a right, you need to wrong some people.