Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Standard Colours

OnnaJReverT

so, the standard colour patterns... why exactly aren't all their colours available witout buying a new scheme except for when reverting to default-colours? i'd like to alter my weapons according to the frames' colours, but i simply can't

also, why isn't black available while we're on it? i see the point of cosmetics being paid for in a f2p, but not having basic colours? i don't mean to appear wrathful about it, it is simply irritating

Edit: to clarify, i meant to ask why the default colours for some frames/guns aren't available for anything else outside of colour-palettes you have to buy extra

Edited by OnnaJReverT

Not a bad idea actually. I'm imagining them selling a color pack which has each frames default colors organized by row. That way if you want Vauban's exact default color scheme for your rifle for instance, you can just select the colors straight out of Row 8 or whatever when coloring your rifle. Maybe once they've developed all the frames (the alleged goal is 30 unique frames not counting primes) then they could make a color pack with nothing but the defaults for all the frames in each row.

As far as black goes, the darkest one you can get is the bottom left-hand corner of Smoke Colors. 

Not a bad idea actually. I'm imagining them selling a color pack which has each frames default colors organized by row. That way if you want Vauban's exact default color scheme for your rifle for instance, you can just select the colors straight out of Row 8 or whatever when coloring your rifle. Maybe once they've developed all the frames (the alleged goal is 30 unique frames not counting primes) then they could make a color pack with nothing but the defaults for all the frames in each row.

As far as black goes, the darkest one you can get is the bottom left-hand corner of Smoke Colors. 

i meant to ask why colours that are available for some frames/guns through default aren't for anything else without buying an associated colour-pack

and black, well, it'd be nice to have to accentuate some stuff

i meant to ask why colours that are available for some frames/guns through default aren't for anything else without buying an associated colour-pack

and black, well, it'd be nice to have to accentuate some stuff

cause de needs to make money some how .. every single thing n the game is farmable the only real source of income they have is

potatoes,slots, cosmetics .. 3THINGS

Ohhhhh, now I see what you're getting it, I apologize for meandering. That's just F2P-onomics. Cosmetics are the corner stone of how free to play games keep the lights on and the heat running at the office, simple as that. That being said, I do believe that the Classic Colors pack should be discounted should you decide to buy it, because you're buying less than you would from a different color pack anyway.

And I know you've probably heard this a thousand times, but there are ways to get plat to fund your cosmetic desires without buying it outright through trading. Just takes a little time, effort and good fortune is all.

That being said, I do believe that the Classic Colors pack should be discounted should you decide to buy it, because you're buying less than you would from a different color pack anyway.

I agree. I would never buy the classic color pack because you can get basically the same thing, but with more colors, with the saturated version. And I doubt that player platinum spending would change much if this was done.

I would also like if you could by individual colors for something like 2-3 platinum each if you wanted. With some of the color palettes, it is kind of inefficient to have to buy the entire thing because of how similar most of the colors are. Like the smoke palette being nothing but very slightly different shades of grey. I am not very interested in spending 75 platinum on it if all I want is black and white.

Or at the very least, allow either single columns or rows of the palettes to be purchased for like 10 platinum each, similar to how the starter colors are available.

so, the standard colour patterns... why exactly aren't all their colours available witout buying a new scheme except for when reverting to default-colours? i'd like to alter my weapons according to the frames' colours, but i simply can't

also, why isn't black available while we're on it? i see the point of cosmetics being paid for in a f2p, but not having basic colours? i don't mean to appear wrathful about it, it is simply irritating

Edit: to clarify, i meant to ask why the default colours for some frames/guns aren't available for anything else outside of colour-palettes you have to buy extra

Cause they are trying to make money.

If all the colors are available this looses to be a source of cash.

If 95% of the game is free there is some stuff that you are just going to have to spend cash on.

yeah, it would be nice if they had maybe a frame-specific palette, where you can switch around the colors on a frame, or if you don't want to revert to default and then add colors on top of it, you can go directly to that palette while you were working on tweaking the colors to get a default color back. it would be great if you could use them on other frames too once you unlock each frame, but I'd understand if these palettes would be available only for one frame.

DE could even give us a bonus, and have it so each frame's palette had some bonus colors in addition to the frame's default scheme. but I'd really like to use banshee's default gold trim on some other frames/weapons. dunno which color is most similar to it throughout the palettes (only one I've bought is saturated classic, though. but I would definitely consider another if it caught my fancy. no smoke for me, though. 75p for one color? and you know that's what most people use that palette for. just the pure black)

yeah, it would be nice if they had maybe a frame-specific palette, where you can switch around the colors on a frame, or if you don't want to revert to default and then add colors on top of it, you can go directly to that palette while you were working on tweaking the colors to get a default color back. it would be great if you could use them on other frames too once you unlock each frame, but I'd understand if these palettes would be available only for one frame.

DE could even give us a bonus, and have it so each frame's palette had some bonus colors in addition to the frame's default scheme. but I'd really like to use banshee's default gold trim on some other frames/weapons. dunno which color is most similar to it throughout the palettes (only one I've bought is saturated classic, though. but I would definitely consider another if it caught my fancy. no smoke for me, though. 75p for one color? and you know that's what most people use that palette for. just the pure black)

maybe they could let one unlock the frames default colours along with it? that would be 5 colours per frame, which are already relatively hard to get, though some more than others (looking at you, booben)

It would be nice to have a "Warframe Palette" pack, and that as you build warframes you unlock that specific row of colors on that palette. There are some colors on some warframes that I just can't find the right match for.

Also it would probably be good to have the entire "classic" palette unlocked... maybe a Mastery 3 or 4 reward? 

[size=2]Going to go ahead and move this to Art & Animation Feedback[/size]