Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime Vs Dread Update 12

--Puro--

same total mod points.

because dread needs a lower lvl point strike than paris prime.

also if you wanna focus on 1 bow, dread beats paris prime.

infested,corpus,void vs grineer

(also i got a cookie for the person who finds a mistake in the picture; which does not change the result in which one deals more dmg)

I run with a 4/5 point strike on PP, and it goes to 101%, so all shots are crits

So no, you don't need 5/5 on PP, so you can get 6/10 on heavy cal, and probably forma to go higher.

Did I mention forma, which can, at most, give you capability of 120 mod points, with 6 formas on these bows?

And am I the only one here who like the look of the PP?

And am I the only one here who like the look of the PP?

I like Paris prime when it is dyed black and gold.

^ The reason I prefer the Dread. That and the design of the bow. But the difference is so minimal 2 me personally that I just went with the one I liked more for aesthetics. I'm a sucker for high bleeds..

Use a dread with gas, and if a NPC get either bleed or Gas, they're just dead.

I like Paris prime when it is dyed black and gold.

Use a dread with gas, and if a NPC get either bleed or Gas, they're just dead.

Yeah I know but I dislike using gas on anything. Even on Infested really. I only use elemental combos for heavily armored mobs. (For instance, I can go full gas on my Ignis but instead I use Corrosive + Blast + Bane to melt through Ancient Disruptors/Toxic like butter)

Edited by Anzuul

I used to not like how Paris Prime looked, but after finally getting it I'm actually happy with it. Far more unique than the rest of the bows, and you can practically use it as a shield. I remember a very long while back, the community had an idea for one of the alert only melee weapons receiving a special defensive buff due to its name: Pangolin. It'd be pretty awesome if they actually did that, and I'd suggest Paris Prime getting the same treatment in some way.

read the posts from the Paris Prime lovers saying they want the same build to compare and preferably ditch mod points to compare for a familiar build ion both while also getting the max out of something.

Those posts aren't saying "Give dread maxed-out Point Strike!", they're saying "Give Paris Prime the same level of Heavy Caliber as Dread!" to your "proof" that Dread is better.

Your assumption that two weapons should compared by the number of mod points required for their build is absurd. Mod points have nothing to do with a weapon's potential; they only show how long it takes to reach that potential.

Besides, in this case, both Dread and Paris Prime reach that potential at the exact same rate, so your point is moot. Both bows require the exact same amount of Forma to equip the "proof!" build you have on Page 1 (with Rank 7 HC for the Paris Prime).

EDIT:

This should clear it up for you.

DREAD:

cUvQFsX.png

PARIS PRIME:

BYCSY1w.png

Edited by SortaRandom

read the posts from the Paris Prime lovers saying they want the same build to compare and preferably ditch mod points to compare for a familiar build ion both while also getting the max out of something.

read carefully and you will find out that i was just making a point about comparison, since i care more about the aestethic i prefere dread too (i'd prefere the cernos, but it's too weak compared to others xD), it's just that saying "you guys are wrong, i'm sure that dread is better and here is the proof" and the proof is not a proof at all, well, i wanted to let him know how to compare things and how to be more polite next time.

after this mesag,e is clear that people doesn't care about logic and it's not up to me to make em understand it... also he OP cleared that he is goin to use dread anyway (nice choice, you will be entratained by the dismebring sound and the ammount of gore this bow offers, also it has a more ninja style, even if the arrows looks weird, you will get used to em xD)

Edited by Regar

• 4 weeks later...

Dread's free polarities =/= better maximum potential dps.

Paris Prime is better against nonshielded armored targets because it's damage is mostly pucnture.

Dread is better agaisnt shielded targets beacuse if slash procs the bleed damage goes directly in the HP even if the shield is not drained. Also Dread has more elemental damage.

Both are good, but paris gives you the better damage type for heavy units.

Problem of the Paris is that you have to forma it more until it outperforms the Dread (and it looks stupid for me)

But until you hit level of 70+ both deal more then enough damage.