Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever Wonder Why Stalker Wears Excalibur's Suit?

(PSN)truelight4u

Considering all things, slash dash, the ancient infested, and some dark sector lore. Here is my speculation.

We know Infested grow and mutate, but also if left undisturbed have extended life cycles(lephantis and the J3 golem if you consider j3 canon still as well as "ancients")

from dark sector, we take that the technocyte virus works either symbiotically or gets integrated in certain hosts

hayden tenno was the first tenno. He was infected by a strain of the technocyte.

The technocyte has different effect on people(hayden,nadia,mesner) and as it mutates it allows them to manipulate different physical properties and grants them superhuman qualities. 

Orokin used children that could host the technocyte and put them in warframes that were heavily modified make them human-like. the suits would protect them, and let them use their abilities to the fullest. There is some blank space where there are loose bits and piece that I will skip.

The tenno might have been frozen at a very inconvenient time, I can imagine the drums being orokin ships leaving people behind or something like that. Unless the frames were being controlled by the orokin, or an external force and they killed droves of people(hence betrayers) maybe that's why they are frozen. Anyways they wake up with amnesia.

The stalker, a lower guardian, with a suit designed to withstand impact and highspeeds may have displayed excal like powers( the slash dash) but he has had since the tenno were first frozen to mutate. He knew the tenno were not gone, so he trained and as time went on his repetoire of powers and knowledge of the other warframes grew(why he can use dispel). His technocyte virus has had time to power up, when the rest could not(because they were frozen). he also had time to forma himself and mod himself( way better then most other frames)

to sum it up excal suit because originally he was fit the excal archetype that the orokin had thought up when designing the suits. (yes it was also DE's lack of resources at the time) but they can make it fit in lore. Though a redesign would be better.

also now that i think about it sentients in our univers....humans
orokin shiny golden aliens

abducting children

the virus being unleased on normal humans and the warframes are pawns of the orokin theory:O  

@Hellfire

The Ember lore tells about how the Orokin were shipping children to the void, whether it was Orokin or maybe Human Children is unknown. While the Excalibur lore tells that these kids came back somehow twisted and with strange powers, the Orokin then sealed the children on warframes and trained then to help on the war against the Sentients.

Edited by SaintLucifer

I don't see the logic here.

He gets an exclusive melee weapon...and sidearm...AND primary..oh wait and helmet

but didn't get an exclusive Warframe Design

yeah that isn't ironic

Well, Stalker initially didn't even use Hate, Dread and Despair but normal weapons, so a complete facelift for the Warframe he's using could be in the works.

When you go to the Orokin Derelict and open the vault, you see a giant Excalibur Prime. Excalibur is also the face/poster boy of the Tenno and Warframe. He wears white.

So you need a Tenno "nemesis". You take the "good guy" and make a mirror image (or add a goatee). Make him black, change the blue-ish energy to red, and give him a "disfigured/beast mask".

For another take on this, just look at Spider-Man versus Venom.

As for the lore, who knows.

Three suppositions:

1. It is infection with a form of the technocyte virus that allows a Tenno to interface with a Warframe

2. The powers that reside in a Warframe were created by culturing Void-altered technocyte material from the original "progenitor" Tenno

3. The type of being that the Tenno were is the same as the type of being that the Stalker was (Whatever that is).

If these suppositions are true then I believe the Stalker escaped the Tenno pogrom of the Orokin and stole the material the Orokin used to make a Tenno-Warframe bond, infected itself (probably in less-than-ideal-conditions). The Stalker then located a dead/wounded Excalibur Warframe and eliminated the Tenno within, claiming the Warframe for itself (The stalker helmet is _very_ similar to a mutilated Excalibur prime helmet)

We know that extreme emotional distress can taint the abilities of a Warframe (a-la Valkyr) I'd imagine the abilities of the Stalker are a partial result of hundred of years of plotting revenge.

Edited by SilentMobius

We can only guess.

Tennos didnt have suits until they returned from the Void. So Orokins must have provided them for Tenno and for that, they needed some suit production facility. Excalibur is "jack of all trades" frame so that might be the reason why Stalker is using it.

Not necessarily. Hayden Tenno, the first Tenno, got his excalibur suit from laboratory as it was a piece of manufactured gear. There hasn't been a whole lot of story in between the 2 games but it could be assumed that the warframe's could be manuctured just like we just made our frames in the foundry.

The stalker could have experimented with various parts of fallen Tenno as he eliminate the though superior combat skills and slowly built his frame out of parts of other frames. He's like the Frankenstein of frames and as a matter of fact it's be awesome of his model looks like a combination of nyx, ash, Excalibur, Loki, mag, and other frames he takes his skills from.

We can only guess.

Tennos didnt have suits until they returned from the Void. So Orokins must have provided them for Tenno and for that, they needed some suit production facility. Excalibur is "jack of all trades" frame so that might be the reason why Stalker is using it.

Sorry, but what exactly means phrase "jack of all trades"? It's pretty hard to translate for me.
Google Translator said that it's synonym collocation for handyman word.

You guys are looking wayyyyy too much into this. They are just lazy and reused art assets.

In all fairness this could be true. It is a beta Afterall and assets will be re-used. We are simply trying to make the best of it by coming up with our own theories. Who knows, maybe DE will read this and it will inspire them for when they actually change the stalker like my Frankenstein idea of him looking like a mix of all the frames he takes his skills from.

Stalker isn't a Tenno. He was a low guardian.

I see low Guardians more like some "most loyal and best Tennos". Like personal guards of the Orokin. The ones who knew about the Tenno plan to kill everyone but disagreed, but Orokins, blinded with the feelings of victory and power forced them to leave and were killed. My biggest question is: " Will there be more low Guardians? " I kinda want to see a 4 Guardians squad as a Endgame boss or something like that. 

Anyone here, if you want to prove me wrong, please do it. I wll be glad to get more clear vision on the history...

I see low Guardians more like some "most loyal and best Tennos". Like personal guards of the Orokin. The ones who knew about the Tenno plan to kill everyone but disagreed, but Orokins, blinded with the feelings of victory and power forced them to leave and were killed. My biggest question is: " Will there be more low Guardians? " I kinda want to see a 4 Guardians squad as a Endgame boss or something like that. 

Anyone here, if you want to prove me wrong, please do it. I wll be glad to get more clear vision on the history...

They. Aren't. Tenno. Tenno may be "high" guardians. But Stalker isn't Tenno. That distinction is very clear in the codex. I thought Stalker possibly hints to there being others who didn't sleep and who think as he does.

They. Aren't. Tenno. Tenno may be "high" guardians. But Stalker isn't Tenno. That distinction is very clear in the codex. I thought Stalker possibly hints to there being others who didn't sleep and who think as he does.

This. Unclear if its a technical or personal distinction, or more. But it's important to note Stalker clearly doesn't consider themselves Tenno. It's entirely possible that the word itself is actually derogatory, given a few lore hints.

Well. There isn't any HARD proof, but more the phrasing Stalker used and how other non-Tenno (possible Orokin engineers themselves) speak in Excal Prime's descriptions, make it sound like the Tenno were specifically front-line fighters and 'saviors'. But for all we know, it could be something as simple as a garrison distinction.

More lore needed to make clear. Past Livestreams have hinted at Stalker getting more support outside of updates, though its unclear if that simply referred to the eventually released Harvester buddy rather than a Stalker faction emerging properly.

StalkyStalker_zps4c303b4a.png

Edited by KoshLovesYou