The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Else Find Hallowed Ground Rather...unimpressive?

Sanillo

It is the Magic Carpet of Death

On low-leveled Survival.

I think that Hallowed Ground needs to slow down enemies that walk over it, to make full use of its DoT effect. It's a trap ability; it should act like one.

It's useful and it works well, but I think it looks kinda plain.

This. It's an eyesore. I don't play Oberon and I rarely see it used even when other people play him TBH, but when it does pop up it always makes me pause because it's just so out of place. The border mostly I guess.

I'm glad someone else feels this way. My problem is that it does not syndergize very well with his other abilities.

In order to make full use of it you have to completely neglect both his Reckoning and healing ability- as both scale very well with Power Strength and Efficiency, heck you can even add in range to in without neglecting the rest of his kit.

I also dislike the fact that it serves the same purpose as his first skill- both are meant to be used in cramped quarters, but even despite the AoE of Hallowed Ground, I find his first ability much more reliable.

I think the best way to fix this is to let it scale inversely with power duration, the same way his heal does (unique mechanic anyone?)- that way you can afford to optimize his ultimate and still be able to rely on this ability as well as his heal. It would let Oberon have a much more COMPLETE kit. At the very least his kit  would work a bit better together, and you can afford to actually use a slot for it without having to sacrifice too much of his (already sub-par late game).

Otherwise, I really think that the slot for Hallowed Ground could have been used much more creatively. Perhaps in the form of some sort of buff, or as some people above me have pointed out- a slow. Both of which would really help him in the state he is in right now.

Just my two cents fully explained.

At the very least he needs more options, why would you take Oberon, when you could take Nyx, or Trinity? You wouldn't.

Edited by Sanillo

It just feels like such a lacklustre skill on an otherwise decent kit. Poor Oberon....

need to be longer and wider (not sexual)

and hurt them in more ways then one (again not sexual, im talking about boost the damn thing dmg and proc) instead of tickle them while they walk normally on it when it should slow them down a bit