Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

I played APB for a long time.  It's hacker-troll heaven.  Not only do people aimbot, but they grief and plaster offensive images all over their stuff.  You can't play for more than an hour in APB without seeing someone with a swastika on their van or shirt.

Edited by Soulie

oi, you're right...

ouch 29:71 :/

I liked Champions online

Content is restricted for not-paying players... but basically designing your own character and the open world-ish maps were really awesome.

... and designing your own villain as well. Champions Online took what City of Heroes was, added a more colorful coat of comic paint over it, made powers much more freeform (the more you invest in a tree, the more powerful abilities you get but nothing kept you from getting a bit of everything) and the travel powers were awesome (wanna make a Spiderman expy? You basically had an equivalent with grapple swing).

That was when it was a pay to play title... as a free 2 play, it's much more "take an archetype and run with it" unless you subcribe to unlock everything. Was fun as hell though.

Wizard 101 players accusing APB players of cheating here: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?402328-Vote-for-Wizard101!/page4

Seems like If we win against neverwinter, we'll fight apb next.

and from the apb forums:

woah... that's just... pathetic.

They are still butthurt.

Bah,cheater neva wins... :p

In this case,cheating by asking other ppl from other games to vote for u

From APB forums:

''Hardly.  I've had the poll open for a decent amount of hours now and my GM add-on has been attempting to cast votes every 30 seconds all by itself. It seems that it only works every few tries though. If the poll was a legitimate contest and there were potential prizes, then by all means I would have only voted once and left it. But, because it's not a serious poll and they don't even have something like a 1-vote-per-IP system in place, I don't see the harm in voting more than a few times.  I wasn't even aware Wizard101 existed until this popped up so even in the end it's just free advertising for them and APB. "

Did a bit of research.

The person who posted this in the APB forums:

Haha, thank you. I play Vindictus, but I'm actually coming from the game Mabinogi in the Rogue Division. We had helped Vindictus try and take down Warframe, but even with both of our game communities combined (and Maplestory players even pitched in), a last minute 1,000 vote surge from Warframe doomed Vindictus. Their method of how they got so many votes that quickly has people keeping an eye on them."
-
Dunno. I guess that game is just aware of the tournament unlike HoN. But uh, if you guys could take out Warframe next round, the Vindictus community will thank you

It turns out he also started the MMOBomb Discussion thread in the APB forums.  He holds only four posts and his join date is March 12, 2014.  Seems legit.

Edited by Nosebleed

Did a bit of research.

It turns out he also started the MMOBomb Discussion thread in the APB forums.  He holds only four posts and his join date is March 12, 2014.  Seems legit.

I like the fact that they're that afraid of us they have to combine the powers of multiple games.

I just hope we can keep beating them if they keep stockpiling together just to spite us.

From APB forums:

''Hardly.  I've had the poll open for a decent amount of hours now and my GM add-on has been attempting to cast votes every 30 seconds all by itself. It seems that it only works every few tries though. If the poll was a legitimate contest and there were potential prizes, then by all means I would have only voted once and left it. But, because it's not a serious poll and they don't even have something like a 1-vote-per-IP system in place, I don't see the harm in voting more than a few times.  I wasn't even aware Wizard101 existed until this popped up so even in the end it's just free advertising for them and APB. "

I also posted this on the same page of the thread:

"It appears they finally changed their method of tracking who has voted already. It's no longer a browser cookie that simply says true. I wonder if they have a method of removing votes as well since I know they have the information to see how many votes a specific IP has made. It's currently at 5,290 votes with APB having 68%."

The script no longer works so I'm assuming the only way to 'cheat' now is to vote through various website proxies. I'm still voting for APB even though I have the headband from supporting Warframe while it was early in development. :)

7vIdV.jpg

Edited by Blizzie

I like how the APB and Warframe communities are now monitoring each other, myself included.  If either game does manage to come out as the winner of the Wizard Division, it's going to have one heck of a challenge in the finals.

Planetside 2 has a gargantuan community.  Their outfits (their version of clans) I think have no size limit.  I almost feel sorry for Mabinogi to face off against them if they win over RO.

LoL did almost lose against Blacklight Retribution though. Surprises do happen.

By the way, I love your signature on the APB forums, Blizzie.

I like how the APB and Warframe communities are now monitoring each other, myself included.  If either game does manage to come out as the winner of the Wizard Division, it's going to have one heck of a challenge in the finals.

Planetside 2 has a gargantuan community.  Their outfits (their version of clans) I think have no size limit.  I almost feel sorry for Mabinogi to face off against them if they win over RO.

LoL did almost lose against Blacklight Retribution though. Surprises do happen.

By the way, I love your signature on the APB forums, Blizzie.

At this moment in time I don't see us winning against the other divisions. They've got a massive following and I'm sure all the Warframe-haters will team up against us. 

Only so much the moooooon clans can do. 

At this moment in time I don't see us winning against the other divisions. They've got a massive following and I'm sure all the Warframe-haters will team up against us. 

That's fine.... Winning against TF2 would just seem wrong anyway.

In a scenario of TF2 vs WF... I really don't know who I'd vote for.

Winning the wizard division is fine already. Can't ask for more.

Also, our next fight starts on a monday and ends in a wednesday - If we get Redtext to inform the players, we will win this. easy.

During our fight against Neverwinter, there was no redtext anouncement- not that we needed it, but I hope the devs are aware that there's a fight going on.

Did a bit of research.

It turns out he also started the MMOBomb Discussion thread in the APB forums. He holds only four posts and his join date is March 12, 2014. Seems legit.

Vindictus begger detected :p

We shall prevail!!!! TENNO WAKE UP