The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok, This Nonsense Is Really Getting Out Of Hand Now.

Brynslustafir

What nonsense? Well none other than people whining because they can't access Founder Exclusives. Keyword: EXCLUSIVES. 

Obvious logic aside, DE already stated on numerous occasions that Founder exclusives will never be released again. That's what makes them exclusive. Lets face it, if DE hadn't incentivized the Founder packs by adding Exclusive shinies that will never be released again, not as many people would have bought it to begin with. When I got into Warframe, the game was obviously still not very far into it's development. It takes a lot out of a person to pay into a game when you essentially only have the basic framework(No pun intended) and 2 or 3 Truly interesting weapons to play with. I'm not just talking about the monetary costs of the Founder packs, I'm talking about the willingness to throw a substantial amount of money at something in hopes that the project doesnt suddenly fail, like all too many promising kickstarters have. I know Warframe isn't a kickstarter game, but the basic concept is still 100% applicable. For people like me, Warframe really looked like something special. But it still took a lot out of me to pay $250 in hopes that it would succeed. Even if you only bought one of the lower level packs, you probably took a good bit to think carefully about what you were about to do. Wondering to yourself "Do I really want to throw money at this thing that looks fun but might not ever reach fruition? Money that I'll never be able to get back either way?".

Why is all this important? Well honestly, it's a pretty personal reason, but that exact doubt almost stopped me from buying the Founder pack. But now here I am, close to a year later, staring at my trophies and feeling really good about my purchase.

But now I'm seeing something that really just kills me inside. Every single day when I log on to the forums to check for intersting threads, I get smacked in the face with at least 3 threads started by newer players who are upset over not being able to have Founder items and are finding every single possible method they can use to try to guilt DE into releasing them again. And the only thought that comes to mind when I see one of these threads is "This sickens me". 

People like me, Founders, took a pretty big risk when we bought those packs. But our desire to see Warframe grow and improve outweighed our fears that the game might not succeed. So we took the risk. Luckily, that risk payed off. Warframe has grown significantly, possibly even exponentially since then. There are now more than twice as many tilesets, many new Warframes, and a ludicrous number of new weapons. But for me, out of all of these wonderful treats, the ones I care about most are my Founder items. Because I associate them with the risk I took. Sure, they aren't the best Weapons or the best Warframe in the game(In fact, Lato and Skana Prime are kinda terrible), but they still symbolize the risk I took and the big payoff that resulted from myself and a bunch of other people taking that risk. 

And now every time I log on I see people who want to take that away from me. People who feel so self-entitled that they think it's OK to demand that DE re-release the Founder exclusives to everyone regardless of whether or not they took the risk I and every other Founder took. If DE gave away these items again, they would no longer have any meaning. They would just be more mastery fodder that people would delete after getting them to rank 30 because they aren't Endgame Tier. 

THAT is the nonsense I'm talking about. That sickening trite that's always popping up on the forums even though DE already gave an ultimatum on the subject. And that ultimatum was "No".  

Edited by Plasmaface

Oh jeez. 

Good on you for making a post like this. I'm still hoping for DE to make a public statement and firm announcement about it to clear everything up, once and for all. 

I do see this being shut down rather quickly though, considering the current climate and how other discussions have progressed.

Edited by Naith

Look, Grand Master brother, posting topics will never convince them. They'll always be there, waiting for topics like this to spring up so they can rant more.

Please, I beg of you, don't give them any more reason to argue. Reasoning won't help them either; there will always be people out there who will complain about the Founders stuff. It's a hopeless cause to stop them from posting about it.

People will always complain, regardless of the situation. Generally you get good feedback, then you get people screaming that they can't have the shiny that they wanted. The Founder packs were labeled as "Limited window" several times. They even extended the end to give people more chances to opt in.

From someone who did not buy a Founders Pack, and has no such exclusives, I think the OP is absolutely right. Those items should forever remain exclusive, end of story. Founders helped this game grow and keep going, and they deserve their exclusive recognition. People complaining about that are selfish, greedy, and honestly stupid. 

But...but....I'm totally going to use the Skana Prime. It's really unfair, I'm a HUUUUUUUGE Skana fan, I have mine with like, 8 formas and a potato. It's soooo unfair that people have theirs collecting dust and I don't have it!

EDIT: Obligatory sarcasm sign.

Edited by sedu13

I don't have founders and honestly I don't care if I have founders exclusives or not, the game is already fun enough at it is without the need for those items for me. And honestly besides the looks, who really uses the Lato and Skana prime for its usefulness?

I don't have founders and honestly I don't care if I have founders exclusives or not, the game is already fun enough at it is without the need for those items for me. And honestly besides the looks, who really uses the Lato and Skana prime for its usefulness?

If only every non-founder had the same mindset as you. 

I'm sure all founders are just as sick of this, but there is one thing people are forgetting. We didn't buy our founders packs for the weapons, they were just an added perk. 75% percent of us bought it simply to support Warframe itself. The extra stuff was simply DE saying "thank you for supporting us, please take this as a token of our gratitude. Wear it with pride!" how can you ask them to do that again?

Edited by Halisi

But...but....I'm totally going to use the Skana Prime. It's really unfair, I'm a HUUUUUUUGE Skana fan, I have mine with like, 8 formas and a potato. It's soooo unfair that people have theirs collecting dust and I don't have it!

I am not sure if you are sarcastic or what... because you sound like a little kid whining about not getting something (not trying to insult but in my mind reading this I read it in a whiny little kid voice)

You know, I agree with you and I just think it's sad that people are still hunting after founder gear because DE now has the prime access packs. I feel like that's as close to founders as u can get and even comes with debatably cooler stuff..

Edited by Depsilon

Look, Grand Master brother, posting topics will never convince them. They'll always be there, waiting for topics like this to spring up so they can rant more.

Please, I beg of you, don't give them any more reason to argue. Reasoning won't help them either; there will always be people out there who will complain about the Founders stuff. It's a hopeless cause to stop them from posting about it.

Well could always reason that DE was being ULTRA NICE by extending the founder exclusive beyond Closed beta when it was never meant to go outside closed beta.

edit: of course if that mean nothing to them nothing will convince them...

Edited by Arlayn