The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Wow Not Even Going To Bother With The Event Because Of My Terrible Pc

WildcatAU

Seriously, If i cant even get 15FPS at 800x600 on these tile sets, not even going to bother doing it, Pisses me off sometimes when i see my current FAV free to play is to awesome for my S*** PC. -.-

(Noticed in wrong section, sorry)

Seriously, If i cant even get 15FPS at 800x600 on these tile sets, not even going to bother doing it, &!$$es me off sometimes when i see my current FAV free to play is to awesome for my S*** PC. -.-

just join a hijack mission, and let everyone else carry you. the mission is easy enough anyway. don't miss out on this incredibly easy event because DE don't care about optimizing their game.

ps: i hosted with my bamboo-connection and still got 562 points.

Edited by xXSunSlayerXx

Every time i join an Interception mission and my FPS dips below the 10 mark my PC crashes on me. This is not jsut on this tileset, I mean the whole game runs terrible on my PC, i just snapped now because i really like this event =(

My 7 year old computer running on a Intel core 2 with 6 gigs of ddr2 ram and a gtx 440 still ran this thing at 30 (1280x1024 or whatever was max for that old 5:4 ratio monitor) Was still decent quality even with some fancy options turned on. hit around 25-30 fps even on the newer tilesets. 

Disable bloom, motion blur, hud shake. lower texture / model quality if possible, disable depth of field, vysnc, etc. Disable 64 bit mode since its stability on older systems is sometimes bad. Disable DX11 and go back to 9 or 10, forget whichever the other one is.

If you are still trying to run it and failing, you may consider looking into an upgrade.

Seriously, If i cant even get 15FPS at 800x600 on these tile sets, not even going to bother doing it, &!$$es me off sometimes when i see my current FAV free to play is to awesome for my S*** PC. -.-

I feel for you, my laptop wouldn't have been able to do this, nor any of the other PCs in my house..

If you haven't done it later, I'll take you.

I got similar issue, running warframe is generally hard for me but i can run something like witcher 2 on normal settings without any problems i mean really ? Waiting for a new pc now if that doesn't run at solid 60 i'll go nuts ...

Edited by ZWarhammer

My 7 year old computer running on a Intel core 2 with 6 gigs of ddr2 ram and a gtx 440 still ran this thing at 30 (1280x1024 or whatever was max for that old 5:4 ratio monitor) Was still decent quality even with some fancy options turned on. hit around 25-30 fps even on the newer tilesets. 

Disable bloom, motion blur, hud shake. lower texture / model quality if possible, disable depth of field, vysnc, etc. Disable 64 bit mode since its stability on older systems is sometimes bad. Disable DX11 and go back to 9 or 10, forget whichever the other one is.

If you are still trying to run it and failing, you may consider looking into an upgrade.

Would love to upgrade but  i just turned 15 so i cant get a job just yet. =\

I think all that really needs to be done to optimize this new set (which looks awesome btw) is to have an option that turns off the rain. I think that's what's bugging most people. I'm currently not having a problem, but it does seem like the rain is giving the most performance hits.

Perhaps tie the rain to one of the graphical options...Perhaps only have it disabled on the lowest settings.

Have you checked your core temperature?

If your comp is running very hot there will be issues. Old comps with high load + dust = high temperatures and bad fps. It's just a wild guess but might as well try (edit: cleaning it)?

Edited by Barda1

I actually changed my format to "borderless windowed" rather than fullscreen a few days ago and I was surprised to see that my FPS jumped up quite a bit. I've heard the rumors about borderless windowed mode for years, but never tried it as there was no need to. Also,  turning off PhysX (even though it's ze pretties) does a bit more. Shadows should go next since those also drain your GPU cycles.

But yeah, borderless windowed mode everyone, just try it.

what about, for an instant, thinking that MAYBE it's your PC that su is not performing anymore and it's time to change it?

(and if you cant replace it well, deal with it. A 2013/4 game shouldn't be developed around 10 years old hardware anyway)

Furthermore: if you dont add your PC's specs it's hard to help, it's even harder if you do not add any infos about drivers and stuff.

Edited by Phoenix86

im running hd 4650 oc w/ phenom II x4 B55 and its runnin 30fps as the host on 1366x768, whats your spec op? try oc if DE doesn't seem to give hint of optimization update just to get that 500< points

you have 2 kidneys.

bloody brilliant

Well it is not DE's or either our fault if you have a Stone Age pc

Always 60 fps here, maxed out 1600x900.

The place where I have lower fps is the void, especially T3 Surv.

When did i ever state i thought it was DE's fault or The community's fault?

what about, for an instant, thinking that MAYBE it's your PC that su is not performing anymore and it's time to change it?

(and if you cant replace it well, deal with it. A 2013/4 game shouldn't be developed around 10 years old hardware anyway)

Furthermore: if you dont add your PC's specs it's hard to help, it's even harder if you do not add any infos about drivers and stuff.

1: MABYE if you read my post properly you would see i clearly state its my PC's fault and not the game hehehe

2: 

i3 2105 3.2ghz

4gb of Ram at 1333mhz

Intel HD chipset 3000 <--- My biggest problem.

Edited by MLPDiamondHeart