The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support The Solo Players, Please!

at35z

Hi everyone,

I know. It's a teamplay-based game. But what about the SOLO Experience? Is there any? Very few, if you ask me. Because of my internet, I can't play online missions (only Defense and maybe Interception ones, the others always end up as "The Connection to the host has been lost ..."). I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

There are actually possible solutions other than just building a dedicated server (however, that would be the best... maybe).

Tethra's Doom

Unless you are a wizard, it's terribly hard alone. Increasing the health of the core, or reducing the number of enemies spawned while solo-ing could solve the problem.

Interception

Not impossible, but can't go so far alone. A solution would be reducing the number of the active towers (for 2 random, so this would still need attention, because they wouldn't be 100% surely next to each other). Or reducing the number of enemies spawned.

XP

Affinity share works only on co-op played missions. Maybe giving a (small) shared XP after enemies killed while playing alone as well could help the solo players level up their things faster.

Bots?

This is a weird idea, but I just wanted to share this with you. What if we could play with a bot? This would be an Excalibur for example, with given health and shield points, and he could use his abilities as well, just like the Stalker. He could also revive us and vice versa.

Actually with the right mods, plenty of frames can solo those games.

For example I solo interception with my Loki or Excal very easily.

And I am not a fan of bots imo. Takes more time out of DE's hands, who already need to balance coding, content, bug fixes etc

I was thinking about having BoTs in the game a long time ago actually. I think it should at least be optional, and we should be able to choose the amount of BoTs that go with you.  So 1-3 of course to finish the "four players"... Also to make the bots "less in the way", you could always make it so they can only use 1 of there skills, and follow behind you at all times, so your kills won't be taken away easily. BoTs I think would be a great edition to the game, as long as they import the bots as an option and give it a sort of customization aspect (No Mods though, that would be awful).

Here's some feedback from an almost pure solo player (I play 99.9% as Solo, only some events have been my reason to play Online).

1) Tethra's Doom

The first part of the event is VEEERY easy to solo. The second one, not so much. Reducing spawns would be welcome for sure

2) Interception

Not that hard solo, but yeah, can get a little hard on the later rounds. At least on the Tethra one (the enemy levels on wave 1 is 11. Wave 2 is level 22 and so on. Very crazy!). But that one is pointless to go more than one round anyway, as you only get 2 ciphers regardless of the amount of rounds you stay anyway.

3) XP

I agreed. It is quite tedious to level everything solo. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about here. I have 1000+ hours in the game and I'm soon Mastery Rank 15. I guess I'm a little crazy doing all that solo? :P

Considering how much the players I have played with online usually suck though, I guess I'm not THAT crazy :D

4) Bots

As long as it would be an option, then I wouldn't mind it. I don't want a bot to ruin the game for me :D Could be useful on some harder solomodes I guess (like Defense). I'd gladly try it out at least :)

I know you want to run solo but if you are on pc, need a reliable squad member that won't leave you in a fight to pick up mods, sprint off ahead of you and understands the meaning of coop then send me an add request. I'll help you with the event. I have a few others who will lend a hand as well.

I wouldn't have an issue with bots myself... Wouldn't mind em actually.

I've played with bots in L4D series. They are alright but an experienced gamer is obviously much better. Although Bots are a much better experience than complete newbies.

interception was sort of adjusted to let you capture way faster solo, but you still gotta go beast mode to ensure domination (zephyr's dashing can reach nodes instantly)

as opposed to earlier, where no amount of solo coverage would buy you more than five seconds of node ownership

Edited by weirdee

If Solo mode had like a "squad leader" thing where some buttons would give basic commands like "follow me," "follow target," "follow objective," "search and destroy," "hack that control panel," or "defend this area," then I could see AI boosting the solo experience. I mean, Tenno work best in a team, right? The AI's weapons and Warframes would have to be random and unique, for the sake of variety.

All of these ideas are worth taking a look at.

Me personally, I can't play Co-Op reliably due to a never-ending series of "failed to join session" or being unable to invite players. It works every once in a blue moon, but when you have to run content repeatedly, and it just boots you out of the group after the run is done (key-based missions) it gets frustrating as you cannot re-form the squad afterwards.

So to properly enjoy the game, Solo needs to be made more accessible, and events scaled accordingly (Tethra's Doom - Shield Core spawned a dozen bombards and heavy gunners to harass the core from a distance, which made it impossible to complete as I cannot deal with that many enemies while still keeping the tram going and NOT die in a giant cluster of rocket explosions and bullet hails.)