Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Pack End-All According To De

-Krux-

Actually, as a founder, I don't mind that people can get these items again. However I would be &!$$ed if they can get these in game for free or as cheap platinum items.

But why shouldn't DE re-release the package on PS4 or PC again for the exact same cost and benefits as the original package. I don't care if someone bought the pack a year ago or tomorrow as long as DE gets some money to perfect this great game. This would also give the PS4 players a chance to get into the design council, something they almost haven't been able to do so since the founders package was pulled before the PS4 release.

As a idea I wouldn't mind either, except the Prime Access packs were specifically designed for that purpose. For people to get stuff, exclusive as well at the same cost that other people who do not buy the packages so they still get exclusive items if it is about that but clearly it is not about exclusive items. It is about specific exclusive items. We wouldn't have this discussion if people wouldn't be so entitled to their own opinions.

I never meant for the Program to return, what i meant was to make the items avaiable in a way that appeases everyone. By the way, when properly modded, Lato Prime does 1k damage per shot.

And so do most of the guns. Heck, my Marelok can be modded to do 5k damage so P2W argument is absolutely 100% invalid at least.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Actually, as a founder, I don't mind that people can get these items again. However I would be &!$$ed if they can get these in game for free or as cheap platinum items.

But why shouldn't DE re-release the package on PS4 or PC again for the exact same cost and benefits as the original package. I don't care if someone bought the pack a year ago or tomorrow as long as DE gets some money to perfect this great game. This would also give the PS4 players a chance to get into the design council, something they almost haven't been able to do so since the founders package was pulled before the PS4 release.

because they didnt meet the timeline for it. its very simple. The exclusivity of the whole thing isnt even on the packs at all... it was on the TIMEFRAME AVAILABLE. Why doesnt anyone want to face the truth, that if you werent there at the appointed time, you missed out? and the PS4... we gonna rerelease a Founder pack everytime there is a new platform? what sense does that make?

it is not for my selfish desires, it is not about me, it is about Everyone, think about it, We are fighting for a few digital pieces of code that should not be so Important.

Yes exactly, it indeed is about EVERYONE, more so of us since we are on the " losing " side if they would be released. But it is the more about the principles behind the thing than anything else. Not only would the action have serious legal consequences but it would also damage the companies reputation and since the game is as big as Warframe has became, getting a major negative spike on their companies image will damage the company in any of the future projects.

Not only this but surely it would be one of the biggest storms in the forums and that is bad thing for a business, very bad.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

because they didnt meet the timeline for it. its very simple. The exclusivity of the whole thing isnt even on the packs at all... it was on the TIMEFRAME AVAILABLE. Why doesnt anyone want to face the truth, that if you werent there at the appointed time, you missed out? and the PS4... we gonna rerelease a Founder pack everytime there is a new platform? what sense does that make?

It's not something uncommon. It's expected actually - unless exclusive content is related to IP which belonged to platform holder. Not an issue here.

Yes exactly, but it is the more about the principles behind the thing than anything else. Not only would the action have serious legal consequences but it would also damage the companies reputation and since the game is as big as Warframe has became, getting a major negative spike on their companies image will damage the company in any of the future projects.

Not only this but surely it would be one of the biggest storms in the forums and that is bad thing for a business, very bad.

Legal written contracts such as the Founder's agreements are written for a reason. So that people cannot come along later and demand things they were not entitled to.

That said, the PS4 launch has opened a HUGE can of worms.

DE and Sony will have to do SOMETHING. I think we all agree on that. But what?

I am no lawyer, but I am worried about the implications.

Legal written contracts such as the Founder's agreements are written for a reason. So that people cannot come along later and demand things they were not entitled to.

That said, the PS4 launch has opened a HUGE can of worms.

DE and Sony will have to do SOMETHING. I think we all agree on that. But what?

I am no lawyer, but I am worried about the implications.

So much truth on your comment. I know that something has to be done, but not at the expense of others, especially at the expense of people who had to risk way more than others.

So much truth on your comment. I know that something has to be done, but not at the expense of others, especially at the expense of people who had to risk way more than others.

Do we HAVE any lawyer types here?

I FREELY admit my ignorance on corporate law.

CAN contracts be amended after the time period ends?

Edited by Kalenath

First we would have to consider this contract of yours a continuous contract rather than one that expires along with each parties obligation being fullfilled, then, on civil law rather than common law, yes, if both parties agree, but honestly this is just a purchase contract, give the money i give you this, to put it in a nutshell.

And like i said, contracts make laws, and as such, they have breaches, a blatant one is the ps4.

Have you accepted any terms upon purchasing Founders package? I mean, that text on web page with the packs amounts to nothing. Was there any agreement upon payment stating that DE is obliged to supply digital items X, Y, Z and are obliged to make them permanently unavailable after X date? If the only contract was that page with 3 options for purchase? It amounts to nothing.

Hm, I myself am no lawyer, although I have a lawyer friend. Maybe should ask him...

But anyway, what I can tell you for a fact is that they can offer Founders items on PS4 and it will break no laws whatsoever. PS4 version is a separate product.

Again, my wild guess here is that they need to offer Founder items on PS store to enable account migration. And they can do it on PS4 but are worried about late PC players being bitter, so they think of a way to offer those items on PC again as welll. That latest part is all guesswork of course.

First we would have to consider this contract of yours a continuous contract rather than one that expires along with each parties obligation being fullfilled, then, on civil law rather than common law, yes, if both parties agree, but honestly this is just a purchase contract, give the money i give you this, to put it in a nutshell.

And like i said, contracts make laws, and as such, they have breaches, a blatant one is the ps4.

How is that a breach? (Curious, not sarcastic) Define, please.

But anyway, what I can tell you for a fact is that they can offer Founders items on PS4 and it will break no laws whatsoever. PS4 version is a separate product.

Again, my wild guess here is that they need to offer Founder items on PS store to enable account migration. And they can do it on PS4 but are worried about late PC players being bitter, so they think of a way to offer those items on PC again as welll. That latest part is all guesswork of course.

The problem is that Sony is having issues with the account migration. The devs have been careful NOT to give specific times/dates/etc since the actual mechanics on the PS4 side are out of their control. (Of course, many people don't care about that and blame DE because they are handy. Annoying but very human.)

If you BOUGHT the Founder's packs on PC, then I personally have NO problem with you getting the items on PS4 IF Sony gets off their rear ends.

If you didn't... I would not have a problem with some kind of PS4 Founder or Supporter or whatever pack IF the prices are comparable.

If they are not... If they offer the same items for less or for free to the people who are screaming the loudest...

Problem.

Edited by Kalenath

All the sense in the world?Releasing a game on a new platform and not commiting yourself to provide everything that was available in the other one is the senseless thing, a lack of respect to the new player base you are trying to cater as well.But of course that would take a pinch of empathy and common sense, both of which you seem to be lacking, differently from your fellow masters and grand masters who show either indifference or support regarding the ps4 cause.

Also, ultimtely, it's of your best interest that we are please as a new market, there's only so much a game can do being on a single platform, the ps4 release certainly expanded what they are able to do with this game, and people like me, who spent 400$ on this game, who is willing to get rhino prime access and founders when they are available, are the ones that make it possible, so you can thank us as well.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Have you accepted any terms upon purchasing Founders package? I mean, that text on web page with the packs amounts to nothing. Was there any agreement upon payment stating that DE is obliged to supply digital items X, Y, Z and are obliged to make them permanently unavailable after X date? If the only contract was that page with 3 options for purchase? It amounts to nothing.

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus28-advertising-and-marketing-internet-rules-road

The FTC Act prohibits unfair or deceptive advertising in any medium. That is, advertising must tell the truth and not mislead consumers. A claim can be misleading if relevant information is left out or if the claim implies something that's not true.

How is that a breach? (Curious, not sarcastic) Define, please.

By the time founders was released, accordingly to the archives shown here, they advertised the product as a one time deal that wouldnt be available again.Releasing on the PS4 doesnt make it available to the people which they initially advertised to, so, it will still be unavailable to you.

And if we want to full exploit this, they can simply change some of the contents in order to adapt a ps4 version of it, one that would not only, still be unavailable to you, as promised, but be different as well.

So... You want them to go back and change a written contract after it has expired to benefit a small group of people.

I... see... I think.

I don't think that is legal. Not sure, since as I say, I am no lawyer. But it sure sounds fishy.