The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Is Still Op Broken

Zarozian

Trinity is not OP. She isn't fine either, but she isn't OP.

I agree that dealing damage isn't what she should be about, but the biggest problem (besides Blessing which would require a complex solution) with her right now are her first two abilities - when was the last time you've seen a Trin use her WoL or EV?

Trinity is not OP. She isn't fine either, but she isn't OP.

I agree that dealing damage isn't what she should be about, but the biggest problem (besides Blessing which would require a complex solution) with her right now are her first two abilities - when was the last time you've seen a Trin use her WoL or EV?

wait...she has other abilities?

Edited by gamefreak9149

Good one :).

We both know it is true. It takes to long to restore power between pulses is what i think personally is the issue with energy vamp. That and the target dying to quickly or runs away from you. Well of life is just sad because by the time we need to restore health from shooting targets they start to do far more damage then we can get back. It becomes a losing battle in the end, that is just how i see them currently.

Edited by gamefreak9149

This is the thread n° ? 134745... i lost count

I'll repeat my opinion here aswell:

The only viable "nerf" i can see to Blessing without ruining Trinity is to give it A RANGE

and -maybe- lower its base duration to make it more like a "oh S#&$!" button and not a perma god-mode style

One day Blessing will be touched, is inevitable... like Iron Skin, like Bastille, like Snow Globe... its turn will come...

Edited by Phoenix86

We both know it is true. It takes to long to restore power between pulses is what i think personally is the issue with energy vamp. That and the target dying to quickly or runs away from you. Well of life is just sad because by the time we need to restore health from shooting targets they start to do far more damage then we can get back. It becomes a losing battle in the end, that is just how i see them currently.

Well, I keep on suggesting turning EV into selfcast that just counts damage that Trin deals from her guns. And lasts whole duration either way, that would balance it.

Freaking Nova just sits there all day with her huge range just pressing 4 and shooting one enemy so all m.primed enemies die and if one survives it moves and attacks so slow that it is basically harmless.

Freaking Loki just sits there all day invisible without even the chance to get shot at or killed, one-hitting every enemy with massively multiplied red crits and even visible turns immortal when his decoy is out.

The Irony...

As i said.. Trinity is the least of the problems the game has... so don't even try to change Trinity without starting with the worst cases.

Except, when you go to T3 defence/ MD, bosses etc. what do you often find? Trinity, in a team with someone playing Nova or Rhino. Giving a frame invincibility with unlimited range was a terrible, terrible idea. It's not a requirement for higher lvl games, but for farming, you almost always encounter that kind of team composition. She's not as detrimental to a game as Nova say, but you can't point the finger at one without the other when it comes to the balance issues in the game. 

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

I see what you are getting at, and honestly no. It needs a tweak. It needs to be that link reflects any damage you ACTUALLY receive. At the moment, it's reflecting all damage that's supposed to apply, before blessing kicks in and negates it all. The fact that it even works on self damage is stupid. It's meant to be a way for you to survive engagements with a lot of enemies, by making them effectively shoot themselves as well as you. Not a long range guarenteed kill setup.

EDIT: As in, you get hit for 100 damage. 75% (75 damage) of that is sent at the guy you are linked to, while the other 25% (25 damage )still hits you. Afaik, that's how it works, and that's what it should be, not: You get hit for 100 damage, 75% goes to linked guy, 25% is going to hit you and then blessing steps in and says 'naww dawg, none o dat'

Edited by theammostore

The way I see it, Nova, Loki, Rhino etc are all legitimately FINE. 
It's the others that need to find their own kind of 'broken' - due to what Warframes are, they should all be unstoppable, overpowered, godly bad-asses who can kick more &#! than a three legged man at butt kicking contest. 
THEN all we need is similarly bad-&#! enemies / bosses. 

Every Warframe should be able to do something ridiculous. 

I have to say though, Trinities kind of ridiculous is kind of...boring. 

Freaking Nova just sits there all day with her huge range just pressing 4 and shooting one enemy so all m.primed enemies die and if one survives it moves and attacks so slow that it is basically harmless.

Freaking Loki just sits there all day invisible without even the chance to get shot at or killed, one-hitting every enemy with massively multiplied red crits and even visible turns immortal when his decoy is out.

The Irony...

As i said.. Trinity is the least of the problems the game has... so don't even try to change Trinity without starting with the worst cases.

Infinite Range / Every team member / Lasts 23 seconds / costs 25 energy / Heal health + Shields / Grants Invincibility

Still missing a 200% more damage buff / Instant Cast / Immunity to energy draining attacks / Immunity to knockbacks and stuns.

Then I might consider her OP, but for now noooooo nerf pls.

The Irony...

STOP WITH THAT !!!!! Nova can die, NOva do not steal all the the fun if you know how to play your f'g frame !!!!!!!!!!

I'm so fed up with that !!!!

I have a Nova I have 43 millions xp on it ok ? I've seen every case of play with her, I have stolen all the kills, I have been beaten on kill, period !

Nova can die easily to everything, she's not immortal and using a bug abuse like this trinity : it's her damage to herself that kill mobs, it's a bug abuse.

M-Prime is the most usefull 4 in the game, I'm ok to admit that, but Nova is The caster and The DPS frame, and she can't be invulnerable forever like that....

Nota : I think I'm the only one that have already noticed a slight and progressive's nerfing of the range on M-prime. This nerfing even the count kills and is not as "abusive" as it was before... But no, hater are not gonna change their mind, they have already decided that Nova is the fun nerfing frame for them despite all the other broken mecanics on other Frames....

The way I see it, Nova, Loki, Rhino etc are all legitimately FINE. 

It's the others that need to find their own kind of 'broken' - due to what Warframes are, they should all be unstoppable, overpowered, godly bad-asses who can kick more &#! than a three legged man at butt kicking contest. 

THEN all we need is similarly bad-&#! enemies / bosses. 

Every Warframe should be able to do something ridiculous. 

I have to say though, Trinities kind of ridiculous is kind of...boring. 

Game is already boringly easy and people dont even exploit frames to the fullest, cause there is zero need for that. Game needs more challenge rather than more OP abilities, and you cant have any challnege till you change the abilities that break the game, like perma-invulnerability or dealing millions of damage. 

I hate fun. Especially when other people have it. Nerf all possible use cases that I don't enjoy. It's not like I can use something else. I cannot enjoy a co-op game if I know that someone who is not me is doing something I think is too powerful. I absolutely can not fathom a way to participate in this game without using one of the five warframes with overpowered abilities forma'd multiple times and using the rarest mods to ensure maximum exploitation.

If I don't top the damage done and kill lists after every mission regardless of which frame or weapon I use, the problem is with the frames and weapons ofm y teammates. Also, if these frames have abilities that allow them to do something more efficiently than I prefer, that is a problem too. These frames and weapons are too powerful and need to be reduced in power until the frames and weapons I prefer are more powerful than them. It would be ultimately preferable to ensure that after this is done no one else realizes it so that I can continue to use my unique special build and not be copied by everyone.

In the event that DE finally wises up and implements my suggestions but everyone switches to my favorite warframe because it is now the most powerful, I will be unhappy because my frame will be in all the missions and used all the time. I will immediately change which warframe is my favorite and then begin calling for nerfs on the frame I used to like.

Edited by Workaround

Is it fine for Nova to ruin the fun for everyone else by pressing 4 every few second?

Is it fine for Loki to be invisible (immortal) all the time while critting the S#&$ out of everything with Galatine?

Is it ok for Rhino to basically render every single Boss helpless with a stomp so Bossfights become "Steal the candy from the baby"?

Trust me.. right now Trinity is the least of the problems this game has... nerf the other S#&$ first, especially Nova.

NO, Id say Trin is the problem but it isnt. Its how fleeting expertise interacts with ultimates (it shouldnt).. Yes I know this isnt on topic. But to say everything is fine nerf other stuff first is rather, yeah.

NO, Id say Trin is the problem but it isnt. Its how fleeting expertise interacts with ultimates (it shouldnt).. Yes I know this isnt on topic. But to say everything is fine nerf other stuff first is rather, yeah.

Simple solution to that, add a freaking cooldown timer to ultimates AFTER the duration. No more press4ftw.

I hope this was sarcasm.

It's been said over and over again why cooldowns would be nothing but a bandaid fix in Warframe

Yeah, because of stacking duplicate Trinity to overlap the effect. The way around this is to put a de-buff on the player that enforce the CD and will not allow a succeeding effecting until the timer wears off. DE only needs to play ANY of Blizzard's games to get a idea how to balance invulnerability (heavy hint: Look up Paladin's divine shield).

Edited by LazyKnight