Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Anyone Else Digging On The Weird/ Ineffective Weapons?

(PSN)DevilOfMidnight

For instance, I really, really like the Ballistica, and I'm looking forward to the Miter. It can't just be me, can it? I mean, I'm really looking forward to the Soma and Vectis too, but Miter's just such a strange weapon I don't think I can resist.

Full disclosure, I think I like the Miter because I played Mass Effect 3 all the way through with the Chakram Launcher, more or less making a "single weapon challenge."

Ive tried used mitter suffice it to say it looks cool sorta but is horribly ineffective. Only benefit it has is some punch through with a charged shot. *shudders to think that I actually wasted  a lot of time farming the parts for it*

Edited by dragonkingdx

The Miter is a really fun weapon, and cool concept, but be warned.
Like the Ogris, it doesn't work the exact same way in your hands, as it does in the hands of the Grineer.

You get a gun that winds every shot up, and the more you wind the more power you get.

It uses sniper ammo, so don't just run in guns blazing and expect to murder everything.

Also it could use some tweak/buff to make it more viable, and less... well... useless...

Edited by BenzinNinJa

The miter is a really fun weapon, and cool concept, but be warned.

Like the Ogris, it doesn't work the exact same way in your hands, as it does in the hands of the Grineer.

You get a gun that winds every shot up, and the more you wind the more power you get.

It uses sniper ammo, so don't just run in guns blazing and expect to murder everything.

Also it could use some tweak/buff to make it more viable, and less... well... useless...

I think it should have a higher chance of proc, I mean every single time I been shot by these things I bleed like no other tomorrow, so why can't we have this?  

I think it should have a higher chance of proc, I mean every single time I been shot by these things I bleed like no other tomorrow, so why can't we have this?  

I would also like my 'frame to steal one of those Eviscerator weapons and take it back to the Dojo for study :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well my kogake, miter, and dual kamas aren't too happy you calling them weird. I've formaed my Kogake 3 times. Don't let me ground finish you... because you will be deaded.

The miter is very good when modded correctly. It's like the seer with punch through, bouncing blades, and underestimated.

Don't know how under-used it is, but I never see anyone using the Supra. I'm working on the 5th Forma and it probably needs a 6th lol. It should end up with like 1000+ damage per bullet plus whatever bonuses from mods.

I was wanting Dual Cestas but after leveling them to 30 they're not that great :( Fun to use at lower levels though.

Seer might be my next project since it's a Torgue gun at heart lol

Here's my Lecta: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/190883-id-lecta-see-you-do-better/

Edited by DarkTails

got mine in 4 runs.......couple days ago.......already had one since it came out.........so lots of parts............easily attained............

Mitter has BP and 4 parts so you actually would need 5 runs, i had to do around 20 and that boss also have twin gremglins which are not bad

I never see anyone using the Supra. 

i think unless you're in a volt and using a shield supra has quite a few disadvantage against other light machine guns (gorgon wraith/soma).

it doesn't justify the slot,  then again that may be a matter of personal taste

got mine in 4 runs.......couple days ago.......already had one since it came out.........so lots of parts............easily attained............

You bought the BP when it came out.

But only got the parts a couple of days ago.

i think unless you're in a volt and using a shield supra has quite a few disadvantage against other light machine guns (gorgon wraith/soma).

it doesn't justify the slot,  then again that may be a matter of personal taste

I guess, though it's my experience from reading these boards that players like to complain a lot about weapons' various stats, then I try the weapon and it does just fine lol

Far as Miter goes, I got most of the parts in a few runs 2 days ago, the barrel hasn't dropped yet.

Edited by DarkTails

I guess, though it's my experience from reading these boards that players like to complain a lot about weapons' various stats, then I try the weapon and it does just fine lol

Far as Miter goes, I got most of the parts in a few runs 2 days ago, the barrel hasn't dropped yet.

A lot of it depends on what else you're used to, and how much you mod it.

I find the most disappointing weapons to be the ones that are close to being good, but not quite.  Ones that are bad, well, you can see they are, and so you move on.  But ones where you can see the potential, and it just isn't quite there... then you really want to use them, but....  What makes it all the worse is that to find out if it is truly a keeper or not, you have to invest heavily, since the game tends to offer increasing returns rather than diminishing returns like you'd find in most games.

Anyway, Miter is fun, but it has a few issues.  Basically, it either needs to hit a bit harder and have a faster charge time, or else it needs its ammo type changed.  One way makes it a bit more of a Sniper, while the other better for spamming.  The way the projectiles bounce also seems a bit off.  They bounce rather steeply toward the ceiling, rather than at the angles you'd expect them to.

I've got mine 4 forma'd.  Run two different setups.  One is with Speed Trigger, Serration, Split Chamber, and 5 elemental mods (or 4 and an anti-faction one).  This is one doesn't hit as hard, but keeps the 100% accuracy and is used more for fully charged sniping shots, thus benefiting from the punchthrough and actually hitting harder per shot.  The other drops Speed Trigger and an elemental mod for Rifle Ammo Mutation (yes, it uses Rifle Ammo Mutation to make sniper ammo) and Heavy Caliber.  That trashes the accuracy down to 5.2 (somehow 100 reduced by 55% is 5.2), but allows me to merrily spam shots.

It does make me wish I had a Malignant Force.  I'm using High Voltage on it, and that and Split Chamber put me at 64% status rate.  Malignant Force would add another 15% to that, bringing it up to 79%.

Edited by Axterix13

Well my kogake, miter, and dual kamas aren't too happy you calling them weird. I've formaed my Kogake 3 times. Don't let me ground finish you... because you will be deaded.

The miter is very good when modded correctly. It's like the seer with punch through, bouncing blades, and underestimated.

Look out for Mr. Punchy! lol