The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Replace Excalibur's Super Jump With This?

Goosmo

Okay seriously? I dont get why everyone thinks super jumping is useless....."Oh no it's not a damage based ability"

Well, by a simple press you can access high up places really quickly, dodge infested with ease, and it only costs you 10 unlike any other mobility ability (bounce nades, teleport (and switch) worm hole) which costs a whole lot more. Unlike the teleportation abilities tho you can super jump, climb up a while and get a good sniper position sliding down the wall from very high up. Use your bloody creativity you fudgenards!

I think Super Jump can be useful, but adding:

- a melee buff like up to 2x next melee hit damage after using it would be swell!

- That way it's still same utility, but you can also look more master-swordsman by chopping down foes afterward (not too powerful because you could have just shot em- more 'flavor' for upping melee kill ability) & you could simulate that nicefighting-game  gif posted above with your own moves :)

Super jump is awesome. it gives mobility, and is super cheap. Excalibur is a base frame, so he shouldn't be as good as other frames that are more focused in one area. That being said, it makes perfect sense that Zephyr, the mobility frame, would be more mobile than excalibur.

My Excalibur build revolves around super jumping as high as zephyr (blind rage) using radial javelin in the air (so walls are no issue) then landing on the ground with a heavy impact and knocking everybody down. Super jump is not for everyone, but what is wrong with that?

Super jump would already get a buff if jump attack damage scaled with jump height, in some trailer I saw an Excalibur super jump to do a jump attack and all I could think was 'wow that's a waste of energy'

In fact, how have they gone on for so long without them making jump attacks scale with height?

Hek no.

Super Jump is the ONLY I reason I use Excalibur at all. Excalibur is my sneak-thief, hopping up into all the secret stashes of loot. Zephyr's mobility goes to covering Interception towers or reaching sniper nests.

There's more to this game then just killing things. Especially as stealth options become more viable, stealth/exploration gameplay is increasingly enjoyable to do, for players who can sit still for more than five minutes and can go without murderous rampages every ten seconds.

I use super jump frequently in my excal setup. Pendragon helm + Intensify (you don't even need blind rage, tbh) just offers that extra edge of mobility that other frames besides Zephyr didn't have up until now.

Excalibur is more damage focused than Zephyr anyhow, with that quick, one-off damaging ability.

Also: Radial Blind enables you, the player, to do some serious damage with melee weapons for its duration. It's a more helpful version of smoke bomb in that regards.

The balance of frames and their abilities should not be related to other frames and/or abilties.

Couldn't be a more erroneous statement.  Balance of frames must be in relation to other frames, because there's no avoiding that.  Trying to balance Nova against... Nova just leads to Nova still being overpowered.

That said, it'd be cool if Excalibur's 3 was a two-part ability; pressing it once will make him jump for 10 energy, and pressing it again will cause him to start charging a groundslam for 25 energy.  It would be a little redundant with Dive Bomb, though, and they already have plenty of overlap.  I'd rather see Zephyr's shield be nerfed, her base stats nerfed, and/or Excal's base stats be buffed slightly.

While super jump does need a rework or just flat out swapping it with something different, the thing I noticed about this clip was that out of the four Excalibur's in the scene

one of them is female.

Although it's likely just a Nyx body with an Excalibur head, it bugs me that DE considered male/female skins of warframes so long ago, and still hasn't done anything about it.

Back on topic, you could easily merge super jump and slash dash together to form a much more damaging tailwind, which would be great for Excalibur mobility. The question is, what would you have INSTEAD of super jump? Excalibur's suggested to be a melee frame, but to me doesn't feel like one. All his abilities are single-button pushes that don't require any additional thinking, like Ash and Valkyr do.

Could increase movement speed and attack rate, but Volt already covers that.

Shielding from enemies? Perhaps, but Rhino already does that, and he's [technically] the second frame you get, and Rhino and Excalibur are already fairly similar.

Maybe they'll incorporate some new melee-esque ability once they've released Melee 2.0, but I don't have much faith in DE does to old content, when they ever do.

nyx is a female excalibure body with a female nyx helm nyx's helm is the same helm from adiffrent male warframe from one of their old poster ideas

I don't think it's fair that zephyr's tail wind can go up to 14 meters straight up unranked while super jump only can go 7 meters up maxed. Plus it's slower than tail wind.

There is a reason Zephyr is the aeronautical Warframe, she's meant to be up in the air. She is entirely wind based..... Turbalence, a shield of wind, Tornado(obvious) and Tailwind? If she's gonna be a true Aeronautical frame then obviously she should be able to "fly" leaving all other frames on lands since that is her focus.

Super Jump is just a small mobility skill that doesn't really need a stupid height considering that maxed you can get to most places in sealed in areas because let us admit it, Tail Wind is a great in a horizontal but it rarely needs to be used for vertical ascension considering that the only real use for that is to A) Dive Bomb in Style, B) Get to that Treasure Room in void with no hassle or C) Get out of an annoying pit. And as others have said, Excalibro really isnt effective with a Super Jump installed considering most areas can be reached by wall climbing and etc.

There is a reason Zephyr is the aeronautical Warframe, she's meant to be up in the air. She is entirely wind based..... Turbalence, a shield of wind, Tornado(obvious) and Tailwind? If she's gonna be a true Aeronautical frame then obviously she should be able to "fly" leaving all other frames on lands since that is her focus.

Super Jump is just a small mobility skill that doesn't really need a stupid height considering that maxed you can get to most places in sealed in areas because let us admit it, Tail Wind is a great in a horizontal but it rarely needs to be used for vertical ascension considering that the only real use for that is to A) Dive Bomb in Style, B) Get to that Treasure Room in void with no hassle or C) Get out of an annoying pit. And as others have said, Excalibro really isnt effective with a Super Jump installed considering most areas can be reached by wall climbing and etc.

i wish they actualy let her fly instead of super jump and slash dash

Superjump is my favourite Excalibur skill.

Superjump + Heavy Impact + Ogris feels awesome. Not to mention it's a great mobility skill if you know how to use it with slide melee.

You mean you SJ+HI and shoot yourself in the foot with a rocket for an extra-large suicidal deathsplosion?

Superjump is my favourite Excalibur skill.

Superjump + Heavy Impact + Ogris feels awesome. Not to mention it's a great mobility skill if you know how to use it with slide melee.

Me too!  Superjump + Heavy Impact + Jat Kittag ground slam!  its a KILLER!  

Superjump rules, Ex was THE mobility frame and could get thru the void faster than anyone else [before Valkyr and Zephyr came along!]

and the flying frame does not actualy fly or even glide Q~Q just dash uncontrolably fast doing slash damage and jumping

Yes she does glide. After using tailwind, Zephyrs momentum carries her onward aided by her oxium floatieness. She is as close to flying as a bipedal hunk of metal can get.

Yes she does glide. After using tailwind, Zephyrs momentum carries her onward aided by her oxium floatieness. She is as close to flying as a bipedal hunk of metal can get.

she dashes forward in the plank position raming her head into everything infront of her doing slash damage with her dangly bits

its the same exact mechanics of slashdash just with out the horizontal lock it even has the slash durration and slash damage reach mechanics of slash dash in the sence that the time from start to end of the slash dash is always the same durration and curration mods only affect the range of the dash so the shorter the dash the slower you move but it still will take x amount of time to finish the animation

THIS leads to the uncontrolable smashing yourself forward from all your durration mods because they dont actualy affect the durration :/

I guess DE cant program the slashdash right in the early stages of the game and made a workaround for mods so durration mods will affect reach because durration would allow you to dash farther its a shame for excalibure and its a shame they gave it to zephyr instead of a real type of flight

http://youtu.be/Uwbqr2UjeSg

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Go to 0:50

http://youtu.be/h86ieTk2RmE%5Dhttp://youtu.be/h86ieTk2RmE%5B/url%5D'>http://youtu.be/h86ieTk2RmEhttp://youtu.be/h86ieTk2RmE[/url

I don't think it's fair that zephyr's tail wind can go up to 14 meters straight up unranked while super jump only can go 7 meters up maxed. Plus it's slower than tail wind.

Ogris+Super Jump+Heavy Impact

:D

Edited by Lag_Killed_You_Not_Me