Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's A Great Sidearm These Days?

Ransurias

Please, don't mention the Brakk.

Twin Gremlins used to be pretty sick before I took a break from Warframe. Are they still viable, or are weapons along the lines of the Akmagnus / Akstiletto / Marelok / Akbronco Prime starting to overshadow it? For that matter, is the Akstiletto decent? It looks pretty sweet.

Edited by Ransurias

Ok without mentioning the Brakk(and i would assume Detron because the method of acquisition is similar) i would then say...

Akstilleto for longer encounters, and auto fire, pretty good damage as well.

Akbronco prime would be the best handcannon, close range though, but tons of damage.

Akmagnus is pretty good, but it's reload speed is quite slow, and fire rate is a bit funky(as a personal thought anyway)

Really what you want to do is get your secondary to work with your primary. If yous using a close range Drakgoon your gonna want a longer range gun, like the Aklex, however if your using a long range vectis, then a close range Akbronco may be ideal.

Also another note, i've never used them, but my friends all say the castanas are the second best secondary in the game(not allowed to say the first best so...)

Edited by Neverwinterkni

Is the boltos slow rate of fire going to slow down a fast paced playstyle?

Slow rate of fire

Slow rate of fire

SLOW RATE OF FIRE

On Akbolto?

Akboltos (when modded correctly) are faster than you can click. I need macros to keep maximum firerate, and it shoots like a damn machinegun. Single bolt can hit a few hundreds of damage. So no, they won't slow you down.

I'm surprised no one mentions AkVastos. They are quite deadly even if it deals mostly slashing. Is it because most people can't shoot as fast as it allows? Most of the weapons I see suggested are often medium to slow firing semi-auto, or full-auto.

I often bring my Vastos in T3 missions and I can wreck quite a lot with them. Sure they aren't Brakk or Marelok in terms of DPS, since those weapons are just ridiculous and therefore shouldn't serve as a basis to what's simply "great", but if you mod them well and are able to shoot fast, they're really strong.

Edited by Casardis

What's with people mentioning the akstilettos?Hell, guess it's true what people say, looks first and whatever what's inside.

The akstilettos are an abomination, they suck, ridiculous base damage, laughable crit profile, crazy fire rate to make up for the crap rest in order to keep a decent dps, for 2 minutes, which is how long your bullets will last in any minor challenge.

Twin gremlins are way better if you wanna go this route, you can try the despairs too, gunslinger is a must have on both of these awesome weapons and you will be doing crazy damage in a very good fire rate still keeping average efficiency on higher mobs.Source: Got 5 forma on it.

Now there's the stug, a behemoth of a secondary, crazy damage, as efficient as it gets and able to deal viral, corrosive and radiation.Advise : She feeds on napalms for breakfast, don't leave her hungry.Source: Got 5 forma on it.

Feeling like a cowboy : Akvasto and Akmagnus, both awesome weapons, average efficiency , very good fire rate despite the fact you can only shoot about 7 times per second.The first go full elemental build, forget crit or stats, the second, pump them crits and stats.Source: got 6 forma on both.

Detron and Bronco Prime (akbronco prime when they fix it) : Awesome shotty pistols.First one is able to do radiation and corrosive to melt grineer, very good base damage and has good crit chance.The second has no fallout damage which is just awesome, the only in its class, even higher base damage, good status chance, good amount of pellets, bad crit profile, but that's not needed on them.Source: Got 5 forma on Detron and stopped at 4 with the bronco prime when heard about the aks.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

I am personally a huge fan of the marelok.  The thing is, quite literally, a rifle pistol.  With decent crit and status, and good base damage, the marelok has a variety of good builds for differenf playstyles.

What I particularly enjoy about the marelok is its ability to replace a more mainstream primary.  I enjoy the off-the-wall weapons like penta and ogris, but without a close to mid-range weapon these become very dangerous to use.  The weapon has good accuracy as well, making it a great addition if you enjoy the weapons with a limited range, like synapse or ignis, for your primaries.

All in all, the damage will rank from good to obscene with the right mods and it has the ability of replacing more conventional primaries for you.  The only real downside to the weapon is its clip size of 6, which can be modded easily enough, though it does make up for it by having a relatively fast reload speed.

Akstilettos are rather weak. Take them to anything higher than Lv30 and you will feel them lag behind in damage. I do hope they get a buff because they are one of my favorite secondaries to use.

Stug is incredibly versatile and can deal massive damage to tightly-packed crowds. Great if you're Vauban, Trinity, or... well, anyone, really.