The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Discussion]Frost's Snowglobe Update12.4.5

Kaotyke

ATM I didnt have an opportunity of playing Frost, so i want to know what those that have played him since yesterday think, is it viable now? Can I take it to a wave 50 of T3 Defence and not be worried with spamming the globe all the time until I ran out of energy?

Because I still havent forgiven Scott for saying "Playing Frost was boring I would press 3 and go out get a drink, come back press 3, rise and repeat, and we wanted Frost to go out of the Globe and help the team" or something like that, because since THAT update we couldnt even do anything else but spam the globe all the time in the highest waves, ok, we couldnt "go out and get a drink", but help the team outside the globe? All of my NOPES.

So is it a viable choice once again people?

Yeah - it has a brief period of invulnerability when first used so it doesn't get torn down by high level enemies now, and alongside that any damage it absorbs during that period is then added to it's HP for the rest of the duration. The positive scaling with enemy damage alongside the new armour/strength scaling makes it fairly resilient. A good tip for using it now - throw down a new one when a big pack/several Corrupted Heavies appear, then kill them before the Invul phase ends; you get a LOT of extra HP out of that, which is pretty handy if anything comes up after those packs are down.

That being said, it's still not invincible - It's a lot more balanced and viable for the higher wave defense, but if can still get burned down fairly quickly if enemy packs or Corrupted Heavies are left standing in the 40+ waves, so expect to recast it a few times at the upper end. I personally wouldn't bother with Optimizing for duration if you're going high-end T3, since after enough waves it won't matter how much duration you've got. If you've got team mates actively killing/CCing enemies it'll last though, so you can go out and help out instead of having to stand on the pod rapid-firing 3.

In short - More viable now; not ridiculous and still needs some team support, but you can go out and do stuff now instead of spamming every .5 seconds.

Yeah - it has a brief period of invulnerability when first used so it doesn't get torn down by high level enemies now, and alongside that any damage it absorbs during that period is then added to it's HP for the rest of the duration. The positive scaling with enemy damage alongside the new armour/strength scaling makes it fairly resilient. A good tip for using it now - throw down a new one when a big pack/several Corrupted Heavies appear, then kill them before the Invul phase ends; you get a LOT of extra HP out of that, which is pretty handy if anything comes up after those packs are down.

That being said, it's still not invincible - It's a lot more balanced and viable for the higher wave defense, but if can still get burned down fairly quickly if enemy packs or Corrupted Heavies are left standing in the 40+ waves, so expect to recast it a few times at the upper end. I personally wouldn't bother with Optimizing for duration if you're going high-end T3, since after enough waves it won't matter how much duration you've got. If you've got team mates actively killing/CCing enemies it'll last though, so you can go out and help out instead of having to stand on the pod rapid-firing 3.

In short - More viable now; not ridiculous and still needs some team support, but you can go out and do stuff now instead of spamming every .5 seconds.

I have done some math and saw that with Aurora Helmet and max Steel Fiber you can get 2230 more health to the globe wich is a total of 5730 Globe HP (3500+2230), kind on the high side, but in highest waves we have to keep an eye on it, so its kinda good ..... but still, maybe if they did the Armor *8, we would have 3568 more HP, effectively doubling the Globes health (7058HP) without it taking fire, but would need both the Aurora Helmet and Max Steel Fiber.

Is my last idea too much? there is the cost of Maxing Steel Fiber and owning the helmet.

Edited by Kao-Snake

So, does it still have a duration timer or did they take that out?

I guess I'll need to find something to replace for steel fiber now.

Judging from the notes I believe they still have it in. Which is unfortunate. We clearly thought the timer had to go. 

I have done some math and saw that with Aurora Helmet and max Steel Fiber you can get 2230 more health to the globe wich is a total of 5730 Globe HP (3500+2230), kind on the high side, but in highest waves we have to keep an eye on it, so its kinda good ..... but still, maybe if they did the Armor *8, we would have 3568 more HP, effectively doubling the Globes health (7058HP) without it taking fire, but would need both the Aurora Helmet and Max Steel Fiber.

Is my last idea too much? there is the cost of Maxing Steel Fiber and owning the helmet.

you should consider adding power strength value. be it intensify only or with blind rage too.

you should consider adding power strength value. be it intensify only or with blind rage too.

You're right, let me see..... Intensify (30%) increases base health to 4500HP, if I use along with Blind Rage (99%) it goes to 8015HP..... if I add Max Steel Fiber and Aurora Helmet........ http://youtu.be/SiMHTK15Pik?t=9s *

yeah, it will be 10245HP

* Sorry, coulndt resist posting this video XD

You're right, let me see..... Intensify (30%) increases base health to 4500HP, if I use along with Blind Rage (99%) it goes to 8015HP..... if I add Max Steel Fiber and Aurora Helmet.......

seems squall helmet adds better value.

seems squall helmet adds better value.

Lets do the math again :/

Squall adds 15% more Strenght, Aurora 25% more Armor............

Squall (with Intensify and Blind Rage): 8540HP + 1995 (399 Armor with Steel Fiber, multiplied by 5) = 10535HP

Aurora build I did before gives 10245HP

yeah Squal Helmet is a better choice to make SnowGlobe more resiliant to damage.

Edit: dem writing erros

Edited by Kao-Snake

Judging from the notes I believe they still have it in. Which is unfortunate. We clearly thought the timer had to go.

Awww, sad face. I was kind of hoping that DE would remove the timer if they gave it health. That way even if you do use it you at least get your energies worth out of it instead of it just fizzling out with whatever health it has left.

Quick, someone get the council to vote on this!