The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Buff?

nickelshark

I have been using excal for a long time now. most used frame with 4 forma.

The fact that his ult is already limited to 36 javs max and can be blocked by shield lancers or even thin railing is frustrating, and the cast time is soo long. Natural talent dose help a bit but at least a short stun effect would be nice or a quicker animation. Radial Javelin should also have some punch through even if it's just enough to get through a railing or a shield.  I also would like slash dash to be affected by the melee weapon you have equipped much like how valkyr's hysteria is.

Excal is still my fav frame but these changes or buffs would be nice.

I wouldn't mind an Excal buff. In fact, I would encourage it. The idea of him being a starter frame shouldn't have anything to do with him being only "alright". Mag and Loki are starter frames and they're both way more than decent (Mag was quite useless tier back then but now's a completely different story).

Ok I must give you kudos for actually formaing an excal 4 times first of all. Your idea sounds really nice and I would like it but one problem I see is the new player, I think we can all agree skana is almost not even worth its mastery and if anyone started with excal they would have a weak ulti and get te wrong idea of it. tip-grab a mag in your team and use bullet attr. if your far in the bubble and use it all the skanas go to the enemy

How effective is the combo Super jump / Radial javelin / Heavy impact VS high level enemies ?

I don't have any forma on my Excalibur, but my Radial Blind build is so effective I don't see if I should do it.

Heavy Impact is quite useless now. as far as the meteor shower(radial jav+super jump) it only works in big open rooms with high ceilings, so in tight spots or smaller rooms radial jav suffers quite a bit unless enimies are dancing right next to you which now they don't.

My Excal was formaed 7 times, my Excal Prime 5 times, my overall playtime is 642 hours - 68% of it is on Excalibur and his Prime variant. You could probably add another 100 hours from before optional acc reset.

He is my favourite frame, with great mobility, better-than-decent crowd control and meh-ish ulti.

And after this time I would like to see certain buffs in some areas, especially beacuse damage 2.0 removed his armor ignore damage.

Edited by SabreUr

I completely abandoned Radial Javelin once I've seen how long the Excalibur is vulnerable in the animation and how useless it would be after a certain level. I use superjump, radial blind and slash dash. Slash dash for the invulnerability, radial blind for the mass blinding and superjump to get out of situations. But yeah, Excalibur needs a buff.

ive been reforma'ing excal and of late have just stuck to a radial blind build with token slash dash just for mobility or escape moments, esp as improving the duration for radial blind makes slash dash travel further.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_14003120043_1-1-10-2-2-10-4-8-5-5-3-5-8-10-5-13-4-3-14-6-5-46-9-5-47-7-5-68-0-3-69-5-3_68-2-1-7-2-12-5-9-13-7-69-4-14-5-47-11-4-9-46-6-8-14_13/en/1-0-5

^ thats what im rolling with atm, just keeping stuff blinded and using a weapon thats silent or has Hush mod on it, or weirdly enough ogris as for some reason its considered silent ¬ ¬

Had an idea about quite violent Slash Dash buff/rework - remove damage it deals, instead give it 100% chance of significant, percent-of-life bleed proc (so no matter what level, affected enemy will loose, for example, X% of life/per skill level/per second

Not very serious idea, just a thought.

(switched 5% with X)

Edited by SabreUr