The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Frames Need Work, And How Prioritized They Should Be.

Cwierz

This list is in no way comprehensive, nor spellchecked perfect. If you disagree with something, keep it civil. If you support something, make sure to let DE know.

No work needed/Fine-

Loki

Mag

Zephyr

Rhino

Warframes that require Buffs in some form-

Nyx (Psychic Bolts)

Volt

Nekros

Excalibur

Oberon

Sayrn

Frost

Valkyr

Warframes that require a rework of some kind-

Ash

Excalibur(Radial Javelin)

Ember(Fire Blast-> Overheat)

Trinity(WoL)

Sayrn(Contagion)

Frost

Banshee(Silence)

Valkyr(Hysteria, Warcry, Paralysis)

Warframes that need to be nerfed*

Rhino Vanguard

Trinity(Blessing)

Nova

Vauban(Infested? Hello.)

List of prioritization by warframe (Lower numbers = higher priority)

1. Trinity

2. Ash

3. Excalibur

4. Vauban

5. Nova

6. Frost

7. Rhino

8. Banshee

9. Nekros

10. Valkyr

11. Sayrn

12. Oberon

13. Ember

14. Volt

15. Nyx

Brief Summations of Problems each frame has-

Trinity- Godmode needs to go. 

Ash- No place in a squad, needs reworks for every skill and buffs. The forums have fixes for this guy all over the place, useee them.

Excalibur- He is your posterboy, and he sucks. No joke. Radial Javelin, and Super Jump could both use something more, or a complete rework.

Vauban- Completely trivializes an entire faction, it would be more suitable for infested to have something to counter him rather than just nerfing the abilities.

Nova- Outshines every other caster by a gigantic margin. Removal of CC from M Prime seems to be the best solution, also, fix wormholes logic to be less dumb.

Frost- You killed him. Albiet, for good reasoning. I imagine you are already working on him. Freeze and Ice Wave could use some changes

Vanguard Rhino- Nerf/Change/Remove Vanguard. It is ridiculous, and anybody who says otherwise is delusional. The frame is fine, vanguard is not.

Banshee- Silence is terrible, Sound Quake locks your movement. Sonic Boom isn't powerful enough. Sonar is fine.

Nekros- SotD is annoying and bad, Terrify is annoying. Soul punch needs additional mechanics

Valkyr- Hysteria is clunky, Paralysis should be name changed to shield burst is bad, warcry needs more. Rip line is fine, don't touch that

Sayrn- Molt could be better with a self buff, Venom should spread faster, Contagion-> new power or universal to weapons and squad

Oberon- Reckoning removes/ignores armor/ragdolls/something, Smite has better targeting, hallowed ground is bad.

Ember- Fire Blast -> Overheat, Fireball-> Throwable Fire Blast kthx.

Volt- Shield can follow volt, and can be placed with a second press.

Nyx- Psychic bolts needs a buff (My suggestion- Better targeting and radiation proc)

Ignoring Perma-invis Loki? I recommend reducing the duration and increasing Radial Disarm range.

I love Ember, but 95% damage reduction was a bit much, if it is re-implemented I'd heavily recommend a nerf.

Aside from that I say yes to all the above... ish/close enough.

I agree Rhino's problem is mainly with Vanguard. 10-15% Would be far more balanced compared to every other frame's alt helmets. 

As for the buff unneeded frames I think Loki and Mag could use a bit of touching up. But I would say it's less buff/rework and more tweak/define. 

I'd say volt would be my #1, because he is completely useless at the moment, he could use a rework. Male frames need a good damage dealer that does not just have flat damage number skills. Trinitys godmode is of course an issue too, but that would only require to change it from invincibility to a % of damage resistance maybe.

About ash: agreed, he is kinda the useless-frame.

Nekros would be the first frame I would rework after volt, he does not fit his style/description at all. Desecrate has nothing to do with a necromancer, it should be taken out and moved to a loot based frame or sentinel. He is damage reliant (needs kills!) while not dishing out any serious damage at all and soul punch and SotD are a bad joke.

That all wouldnt help the overall problem though: The tiers of skills are ridiculous, and at the moment this game lacks player skill involvement, I think all radial damage abilities should be taken out of the game and frames should get new cone, wave and target-mark skills instead of just killing everything in a 50 meter radius by pushing a button. First skills that deal damage are useless, they need a cooldown and no energy use.

I think after melee 2.0 its time for warframe abilities 2.0

Edited by Genoscythe

I would say Mag's Crush needs to be looked at. It was cool when it ragdollized enemies for a while, now it doesn't really do that much.

Meh. Shield polarize and pull are the real contenders in her set. Bullet attractor is what I would prioritize. I would have loved to see it made into a push skill, but whatever.

Ignoring Perma-invis Loki? I recommend reducing the duration and increasing Radial Disarm range.

I love Ember, but 95% damage reduction was a bit much, if it is re-implemented I'd heavily recommend a nerf.

Aside from that I say yes to all the above... ish/close enough.

Perma-invis loki doesn't need a nerf, the AI needs some development against invisible enemies, which I intend to make a post about in the future.

Of course it needs a nerf if overheat was re-introduced. To me, 30% at max rank sounds fine. That way with an intensify you get to 40%, and with a maxed blind rage you get to ~68-70%. 

Id have to say Banshee is top priority. 3 of her skills are horrible! I suggested a Rework post under "Banshee Rework" if any cares about her take a look no one uses her. Next would be each Caster frame. starting with Nova, I feel like the 2x multi on M.prime should go. The other frames I feel like are way too specialized to a faction Mag=Corpus it wouldn't be soo bad if I could take her to a grineer mission and be somewhat effective, but she isnt. 

Vauban already got his nerf a long time ago.  Bastille has a target limit now, and infested usually show up in sufficient amounts to bypass it unless you blow all your energy throwing several of them down.  Vortex can somewhat trivialise infested with smart placement and tactics, but it's energy intensive and doesn't really have as much "bang for your buck" as a lot of other frame's 4-ultimates that cover much larger areas.

Vanguard Rhino sucks.  Especially now that they made the weird decision to have Rhino Prime be faster than normal Rhino.  I can't remember the last time I joined a squad that didn't have a Vanguard Rhino rushing ahead of everyone and failing to kill enemies with their stomps.  Plus it makes him look like a rat.  Worst of all, people actually complain at me for wearing the Thrak helmet now, like building the tank frame for tanking and not for running as fast as I can is a bad thing.

Excalibur, Ash, and any other frame with a melee-based power ought to get the same treatment that Valkyr did, that is, make powers such as Slash Dash and Blade Storm be affected by your melee weapon and the mods on it so that we can have some of that sweet scalability everyone always begs for.

don't care enough about the other stuff to write more

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

Hysteria is god mode too.

Godmode with very glaring limitations, like having only melee and close range attacks, losing charge attacks, only a partial immunity to CC, and only effecting one teammate. Compare that to Trinity's godmode, where you can use all your abilities, it restores health and shields to all teammates,  and it effects all teammates, and I think the difference in power is very clear.

eh

cant +1 OP becuz of too much faulty logic, yer incredibly biased in basically all of yer claims

yes powers with long INVUL times need to go, im sure trin's kit will get some work eventually

ash's teleport needs dmg IMHO, and smoke bomb needs more group CC for him to have a team contribution

excal is one of best all-rounder frames ingame, give radial javelin some base punch-through and he's fine

vauban is not the problem, the problem is the infested faction is just gimp atm, dont screw with vauban

nova's Mprime and her kit need more synergy, ive posted about possible solutions as have others

frost is NOT dead/killed/ruined, he's fine, and most likely DE is going to bring back the long freeze on avalanche, aside from that, it'd be nice if ice wave had some kind of knockback/slow effect, otherwise he's good

rhino/prime/bacon is pretty fast yes, but whatevs, id rather keep this and lose zorencoptering honestly, or rather incentivize rhino to use charge more for travel/speed and slow him down a bit

banshee's kit was based on a different stealth design timeframe, currently she is just ahead of sched, while stealth mechanics are long overdue

nekros is not bad, minions should maybe last a bit longer, there are numerous interesting threads to make his kit more synergistic

valkyr hysteria invul removed, give dmg reduc and more lifesteal instead, incentivize aggressive combat to survive

sayrn venom needs to spread more or do more dmg, contagion might get A LOT more use with melee 2.0

oberon is not bad, hallowed ground with the right mods is GREAT on defense

ember's whole kit is boring ill admit that, her #3/4 are too similar IMHO, my advice for a long time has been to have her #4 be a super buff that lets her freecast for a set amount of time (thus throwing 1/2/3's all over the place), at least making her a more engaging frame, i still think her #2/3 should include a dmging aura

volt would be great if shield could be placed or moved, this is a good idea

yes nyx bolts r trash, and have been forevs

u didnt mention it, but IMHO loki swap tele should stun/conf enemies for a few secs (1/2/3/4) after swapping, decoy should scale better and/or explode on death returning some portion of dmg dealt, and radial disarm should slow/debuff movspd/atkspd/dmg of enemies as well as disarming ranged units, remove the infested dmg (now disarm is equally useful vs ALL factions)

Trinity's godmode makes sense to me, seeing as she's the only dedicated healer frame and it's her most power-intensive ability.

A compromise I certainly wouldn't mind seeing though would be if they replaced the invincibility with a strong health regeneration, and allowed Blessing to "resurrect" downed team mates.  I mean, come on, why do we have a healer who can't res?

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

Hysteria is god mode too.

Why I said it needed a rework :3

Vauban already got his nerf a long time ago.  Bastille has a target limit now, and infested usually show up in sufficient amounts to bypass it unless you blow all your energy throwing several of them down.  Vortex can somewhat trivialise infested with smart placement and tactics, but it's energy intensive and doesn't really have as much "bang for your buck" as a lot of other frame's 4-ultimates that cover much larger areas.

There are several key points on many tiles that when a vortex is placed, completely and utterly makes it as if the infested do not even exist. They cannot damage you, move, and can be shred with AOE weapons. ODD any defense tileset is a good example, along with way to many tiles in the ODD tileset,

you dont know what you're talking about in regards to banshee or frost.

thread is invalid as solely based on bias opinions.

I dunno what drugs you are on, but frost and banshee are very lacking... 

I never specified as to what should be changed.

All I know is that you die when you use sound quake, silence is useless, sonic boom could use some buffs.

Frost can CC with avalanche, and snow globe is meh. 

I'd say volt would be my #1, because he is completely useless at the moment, he could use a rework. Male frames need a good damage dealer that does not just have flat damage number skills. Trinitys godmode is of course an issue too, but that would only require to change it from invincibility to a % of damage resistance maybe.

About ash: agreed, he is kinda the useless-frame.

Nekros would be the first frame I would rework after volt, he does not fit his style/description at all. Desecrate has nothing to do with a necromancer, it should be taken out and moved to a loot based frame or sentinel. He is damage reliant (needs kills!) while not dishing out any serious damage at all and soul punch and SotD are a bad joke.

That all wouldnt help the overall problem though: The tiers of skills are ridiculous, and at the moment this game lacks player skill involvement, I think all radial damage abilities should be taken out of the game and frames should get new cone, wave and target-mark skills instead of just killing everything in a 50 meter radius by pushing a button. First skills that deal damage are useless, they need a cooldown and no energy use.

I think after melee 2.0 its time for warframe abilities 2.0

Volt has speed which is amazing, shock is a good stun. He isn't bad at all.

I dunno what trinity needs.

I like desecrate actually. It makes sense and all in my opinion, and can help to offset RNG in surivval

Player involvement should be made with clever reworks.

As for the buff unneeded frames I think Loki and Mag could use a bit of touching up. But I would say it's less buff/rework and more tweak/define. 

My thoughts as well. 

What else is the 4th power for a healing frame like Trinity supposed to be? A band-aid? Morphine? Iodine? A flood of medical alcohol? What do you want!?

It's all that Narrow Minded's fault!

Permanent godmode is.... no, just no.

OMG! what if Fireblast.. gave everyone standing in it Overheat?

Then we give Ember a new ability. Forgot she got that accelerant ability.

I kinda wish Accelerant did more. Like, any fire damage done to targets affected by accelerant gets a 100% chance of proccing the fire element proc thing.

Edited by Stinker

I say all old frames, the ones created before vauban were all made for a different kind of warframe, new frames haves very less and few limitations then the old ones have (like: cant cast wile on air, ability is being used, etc)

Don't get why trinity needs a nerf, she doesn't have any crowd control abilities, nor direct damage powers.

Don't talk bad of excalibur, he is great, yet even though superjump is an utility, it could have a different way of use, more like what was done to zephyr, she navigates true the map fast and greatly.

Nyx needs allot of rework, mind control inst noticeable, and chaos is the only ability in any frame that does damage, but doesn't give xp gain, doesn't make any sense.

Vauban, you are totally disregarding grineer and corpus existence.

And then yes, most of the frames have ultimates that don't cause any damage to high difficulty enemies.

Edited by 7grims

Why I said it needed a rework :3

There are several key points on many tiles that when a vortex is placed, completely and utterly makes it as if the infested do not even exist. They cannot damage you, move, and can be shred with AOE weapons. ODD any defense tileset is a good example, along with way to many tiles in the ODD tileset,

I dunno what drugs you are on, but frost and banshee are very lacking... 

I never specified as to what should be changed.

All I know is that you die when you use sound quake, silence is useless, sonic boom could use some buffs.

Frost can CC with avalanche, and snow globe is meh. 

avalanche no longer has any form of cc at all

Narrow Minded = 99% Duration buff.

That's what's criminal.

Whats criminal is Fleeting Expertise reduces on continuity, making all defense frames not gain from it, meanwhile all attack and power frames can use Fleeting Expertise, because casting destruction attacks, doesn't require continuity.

Edited by 7grims