Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retune *all* The Frames! (11/19: Wildfire)

Archwizard

always has. i don't remember a time when it hasn't.

Does it pause the bleedout timer, or does that keep going?  Can you teleport them if they are currently being revived?

<!> Idea for Loki Augment= Group Teleport; Able to teleport X number of allies/enemies in 3 meter radius.

This would help if you needed to teleport downed ally with the player reviving that ally.  Also used to Switch Teleport an ally & his/her kubrow.  Wouldn't that be cool?

Edited by (PS4)forty_FOKELS

Does it pause the bleedout timer?

Idea for Loki Augment= Group Teleport; Able to teleport X number of allies/enemies in 3 meter radius.

- no, why would it?

- unless everyone dies in the same spot coincidentally, i can't see the use for it personally.

too situational for a Mod Slot.

- no, why would it?

- unless everyone dies in the same spot coincidentally, i can't see the use for it personally.

too situational for a Mod Slot.

When you use Switch Teleport, don't you pause for just a second?  Doesn't the person you teleport pause for just a second too?  That used to happen; did that change?

<!> Idea for Loki Augment= Group Teleport; Able to teleport X number of allies/enemies in 3 meter radius.

1. Teleport downed ally with the player reviving that ally

2. Teleport enemies attacking player that is reviving; Especially nightmare missions.

3. Teleport enemies away from objective (Def/MD, Sabo, Sur)

4. Teleport slow/low stamina frames to secret area.

5. More effecient to teleport the group, instead of 1 by 1.

1. Teleport downed ally with the player reviving that ally

2. Teleport enemies attacking player that is reviving; Especially nightmare missions.

3. Teleport enemies away from objective (Def/MD, Sabo, Sur)

4. Teleport slow/low stamina frames to secret area.

5. More effecient to teleport the group, instead of 1 by 1.

-2. Intentionally teleport your allies away from objectives into far-off places you could only reach with your Decoy.

-1. Intentionally teleport a crowd of nearby enemies with you as your allies regroup.

0. Accidentally teleport a crowd of nearby enemies with you when you attempt to teleport a downed ally to a safer location.

Being able to swap 1->5+ at best means precision work goes down the tube, at worst means a proper troll has phenomenal power. We're talking about the Warframe with Invisibility, who can easily get close to enemies.

Edited by Archwizard

-2. Intentionally teleport your allies away from objectives into far-off places you could only reach with your Decoy.

-1. Intentionally teleport a crowd of nearby enemies with you as your allies regroup.

0. Accidentally teleport a crowd of nearby enemies with you when you attempt to teleport a downed ally to a safer location.

Being able to swap 1->5+ at best means precision work goes down the tube, at worst means a proper troll has phenomenal power. We're talking about the Warframe with Invisibility, who can easily get close to enemies.

Your explanation makes sense.  I didn't think about that way.  Just trying to think how to improve Loki's team oriented skills.

Edited by (PS4)forty_FOKELS

I would like to see some sort of passive abilities, too. For example ember could benefit from burning ground, because logic and stuff. Same for frost in ice tilesets. 

That could even extend there overall mechanics. As more enemies are frozen/ignited near ember/frost this passive get a boost.

Because they like it hot and cool.

Valkyr could get a boost if only equiped with melee weapon (or maybe melee and secondary). Necros for death bodies nearby and so on.

These passive would support the basic orientation of the frame, like small energie reg for ember and frost, life reg amor or something for vakyr

I had a list I presented in the CHT a few months back. Of course, some of the passives on there are a bit outdated (particularly with the notion that Hydroid won't be actually swimming in the water tileset), but I feel they'd be a step in the right direction.

a style of 'Toggle' Abilities

i could see that being useful for some Players - but just up and removing a Mod Effect from a ton of Abilities willy nilly doesn't sound like the best method to go about it.

i can definitely see some Players using some sort of Augment related to this style though.

such as:

- infinite Duration

- +75/100% Energy Cost (not Efficiency loss, just making the one Ability more costly) (however your idea of locking part of your Energy Pool is also plausible - i'm concerned at how much of an effect that would really have though, as Flow and larger innate Energy Pools can result in pretty large Pools - would locking 50 or so really matter?)

- -50% Effectiveness (basically Power Strength loss for just the one Ability)

i could see some Players using something like that.

Edited by taiiat

i could see that being useful for some Players - but just up and removing a Mod Effect from a ton of Abilities willy nilly doesn't sound like the best method to go about it.

i can definitely see some Players using some sort of Augment related to this style though.

such as:

- infinite Duration

- +75/100% Energy Cost (not Efficiency loss, just making the one Ability more costly) (however your idea of locking part of your Energy Pool is also plausible - i'm concerned at how much of an effect that would really have though, as Flow and larger innate Energy Pools can result in pretty large Pools - would locking 50 or so really matter?)

- -50% Effectiveness (basically Power Strength loss for just the one Ability)

i could see some Players using something like that.

The aim wasn't willy nilly :P

But to have a certain selection of abilities which could benefit from it due to how the WF kit is

I need to go back and add some detail to it to give some more ways as to why the selected abilities could benefit from it and why

Cheers for the input!

I need to go back and add some detail to it to give some more ways as to why the selected abilities could benefit from it and why.

don't bother bringing up Contagion again though - even if it lasted infinitely, it's still useless.

the Ability either needs to be scrapped or have so many changes to it that it's basically a new Ability (in other words i just said the same thing twice).

don't bother bringing up Contagion again though - even if it lasted infinitely, it's still useless.

the Ability either needs to be scrapped or have so many changes to it that it's basically a new Ability (in other words i just said the same thing twice).

Once I finish my shift at work - I'll put a couple of hours into some detail for each ability to make sure that they can all be used on par with everything else within the kit

What about Nullifyers and running out of energy?

Due to dedicating a percentage of energy to keeping the ability activated permanently - running out of energy or going through a nullifiers shield/bubble thingamajig will have no effect to the ability - unlike that of timed abilities like that of invisibility etc.

While this part in particular sounds like a wonderful campaign promise, it also seems highly unrealistic. DE has gone out of their way to squash every instance of Nullifier immunity.

Further, the concept as a whole seems like it would either invalidate Duration as a stat, or Toggling as a mechanic. Honestly, I feel like it takes away opportunities to balance future abilities for the sake of benefiting Miasma builders.

While this part in particular sounds like a wonderful campaign promise, it also seems highly unrealistic. DE has gone out of their way to squash every instance of Nullifier immunity.

Further, the concept as a whole seems like it would either invalidate Duration as a stat, or Toggling as a mechanic. Honestly, I feel like it takes away opportunities to balance future abilities for the sake of benefiting Miasma builders.

Only a few powers would benefit from it

If every frame got it - it would be OP/obselete

You give it to a few and there will be more flavour added to it

I had an idea for Ember brewing in the back of my mind for awhile now, and I think I've finally tweaked it enough to post it.

As we all know, Ember is almost entirely worthless in almost all situations. She has 3 abilities that revolve around damage dealing, but all of them do absolutely pitiful damage. Ember's role should always have been to deal massive damage over time, but Fire Blast is her only ability that's guaranteed to set targets on fire. Because of this, the Fire Fright augment is completely useless.

Here is what I propose:

-All of Ember's abilities have a 100% fire proc chance every time they inflict damage.

-The burn time from the fire proc can be increased with power duration.

-Fireball's area of effect damage equals its direct damage.

-World on Fire no longer drains energy over time, but can still be deactivated at will.

-Fire Fright augment replaced with "Overheat" which gives 40% damage resistance and a 40% fire damage bonus to all teammates standing within Fire Blast's ring of fire. Both damage resistance and fire damage bonus can be increased with power strength.

-Firequake changed to inflict a blast proc on every hit, adding an AoE to the knockdown. Targets panicking from a fire proc are still knocked over.

Why give all of Ember's abilities a 100% status chance? A fire proc deals 50% of the hit's damage per tick for 7 ticks over 6 seconds. This equals a 350% total damage bonus. If Fireball and World on Fire deal 400 damage per hit, that means that the total damage dealt per hit is 1800 over 6 seconds. With the 250% fire damage bonus from Accelerant, that number jumps to 4500. A max power strength build with 284% strength increases the damage to 12780, and a duration build with 282% duration increases the number of ticks to 20 (rounding up), increasing the damage from 4500 to 12690.

Think this is a bit OP? Saryn's Miasma is easily capable of dealing 12780 total damage with a maxed build, equal to my suggested WoF total damage with a maxed strength build. The damage dealt by the fire proc is spread out over 6 seconds, and with a duration build, that would increase to about 17.

With this suggestion, Ember would be about as powerful of a damage dealer as Saryn, as well as have greatly increased survivability from the fire proc stun and augment changes. These changes should easily be enough to make Ember at least viable again.

I should probably stop posting stuff here from my other threads, but I'd like to hear your feedback on it.

-snip-

myself and some other usual suspects thought up an Augment for Accelerant the other day - Enemies affected by Accelerant have a 100% Chance to ignite on the next instance of Fire Damage they take.

though personally i'd want it to be 100% Fire Chance for 33% of Accelerant's Duration. [this would allow you to have a few seconds of stacking tons of DoT]

Edited by taiiat

So it turns out that poison ward does a percentage of the targets health. Ignoring shields.

Maybe it doesnt need to change?

Interesting. Still, the benefits it offers are rather lackluster compared to the potent healing/cc/damage reduction of the other three elements. What if the toxin ward also increased the amount of damage that enemies take? I'd suggest it lowering their armor/health/shields, but I feel that an overall damage buff would be an effective - if not safe and boring - option. Could be particularly useful for the melee-based gameplay that toxin ward promotes.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Interesting. Still, the benefits it offers are rather lackluster compared to the potent healing/cc/damage reduction of the other three elements. What if the toxin ward also increased the amount of damage that enemies take? I'd suggest it lowering their armor/health/shields, but I feel that an overall damage buff would be an effective - if not safe and boring - option. Could be particularly useful for the melee-based gameplay that toxin ward promotes.

i would be okay with this. then, i'd probably have two Warframes that i enjoy using for Melee, as Chroma would have useful attributes to bring to Melee, i.e. Toxin.

What about an innate 1% lifesteal when under the effect?

I'd suggest it lowering their armor/health/shields, but I feel that an overall damage buff would be an effective - if not safe and boring - option. 

[size=2]What, like Contagion?[/size]

Trouble with having an armor/health/shield-lowering effect, I worry a little about making Chroma as/more potent of a Toxin-elemental as/than Saryn.

... that and I doubt lowering shields would help much, considering Toxin's properties.