Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus Options - Didn't De Make Unreal?

Egg_Chen

I'll start with a compliment, some of the new voice work is simply great, I love Sargus, the real time distortion of transmissions, and the bellowing of Vay Hek.

Except, I don't hear them anymore because I have voice volume on zero.

Why? Frankly Lotus is irritating, not the voice, the repetition....

Unreal had a great option for the announcer,  (All, Medium, Minimal, None).

I have mentioned this before in another thread, this would be a great QoL addition.

Also, it would affect how often the comm screen pops up which blocks some of your view (a PS4 thread is a hot topic on this very subject at the moment).

It just needs some script work and adding categories to dialog, for example :

- Mission briefing (All Minimal and above)

- There is a heavy unit coming (All)

- Marines inbound (All)

- You have been detected (Medium and above)

- Mission change or side mission (All Minimal and above)

- Environmental hazards (Medium and above).

- Life support delivered (Medium and above)

- Life support activated (Medium and above)

- Dangerously low on Life Support (Minimal and above)

- Faction change dialog (Minimal and above)

DE_George if you read this, many players are not hearing your team's new work, because it is all on mute!

You could buy Pablo a beer to fix up the UI to add the option and the conditional display of Lotus :)

Edit: Examples are just that, the actual implementation could be different.

Edited by Egg_Chen

I for one would love to be able to cut down on the number of "You're almost at the target" and random boss descriptions during Assassination missions. Also environmental hazards, since those are impossible to miss.

For me... its the fact there's very few lines for a select mission. It would be great even if we got varieties of these simple lines.Just so we don't hear the same 4 for every exterminate mission (as an example) I know that with all the missions and the bosses there are thousands of lines recorded. But if a select player just plays mobile defense, all lotus is repeating is "Get me to the terminal" "Continue to defend" "Enemies incoming" "heavy unit incoming" and that's about it.. with maybe a environmental hazard in the mix. 

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I generally have my clanmates on headphones, and have WF running at low volume through the speakers so I often don't hear what Lotus says.  But honestly, as a long-time player, with sincere apologies to Rebecca/Lotus, most of what she has to say I've heard a thousand times before (literally) and really don't need to hear.  That said, there are a few messages that I really do want to hear.  So a system like this, which prioritizes just the messages veteran 'Framers really do need to hear, would be a welcome addition for me.

Just because, I'd mention some of us are on the other end of this(Yes, DO WANT!...current is not enough!):

Enter a room.

"There's a heavy unit approaching!" A gunner! BOOM! Headshot. GG.

Wait, there's another? And a napalm? THREE NAPALMS??? OMG I SHOULD NOT HAVE ENTERED THIS...

20 seconds to bleed out. Greaaaaaaaaaat.

Thanks for only mentioning the one. >.>