The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Prizes

Liqier

Don't you think limitation of event mods are bit unfair ? I know players can buy those mods from other players but price for particular mod sets are insane ... I never seen think like that in other mmo old players had a big advantage on new players it should be like that ...

@OP

DE has stated that they will eventually put those mods into circulation as a drop somewhere.

Maybe nightmare, maybe T4 void, who knows

@_Rue_

Prime Chamber was different.

DE stated that they plan to give it away again as a prize in an event, probably another top 100 prize or something similar. That one is completely different than the other event mods because it was a reward for being the best in the event, not just a participation reward.

how many players would do events without getting rewarded for it? not many. so they give rewards, ppl complain. what do you want them to do? have events last forever? not bother creating events at all and just drop mods in our mailbox every week?

try and earn your stuff. events like the last one were beyond easy and beyond long. on top of which as you stated you dont even have to do events anymore because you can buy them off other players. what more do you guys want?

@Kartumterek

The weapon & badge(s) are the rewards for the event and why you do it.

The mods on the other hand are essentially early access. You get access to a mod months before its released so that people who missed the event, or new players, can eventually get it.

The only mod which has a right to be exclusive to events is the Primed Chamber because of the conditions for getting it. For the other mods it makes no point to keep them exclusive.

And look at the Ammo Mutation mods.

Rewarded for the slingstone event.

Now found in survival.

IMO thats a good thing.

Artifact Defense Event: Corrosive Projection, Shield Disruption, Infested Impedance > Alerts

Sling-Stone: Ammo Mutation mods > Survival reward

Arid Fear: Shred, Vigor, Lethal Torrent > Nightmare Mode reward
Considering above it won't be long until Cicero and Tethra mods will make it to the drop table as well.

Primed Chamber is a separate issue.

Most of the threads I see are from open ended comments by DE with no followup what so ever.

Quotes like...

"We are looking into it..."

"The mods will be released in a future event"

the list goes on and on

All DE has to do is come up with a policy and follow it.

Something as easy as

"Event mods will be released into the loot pools six months after the completion of the event they were introduced.  People who could not participate in the event will have the opportunity at that time to obtain them."

Then people would be informed, after all it is the lack of information along with the open ended comments that creates this discontent in the player base.

how many players would do events without getting rewarded for it? not many.

Do you have a source for that?

what do you want them to do? have events last forever? not bother creating events at all and just drop mods in our mailbox every week?

Do you make stuff up on the fly, all the time like that? Or only when you feel like being mean to complete strangers on the internet?

Protip. When someone asks a question, you do not reply with a question.

try and earn your stuff. events like the last one were beyond easy and beyond long. on top of which as you stated you dont even have to do events anymore because you can buy them off other players. what more do you guys want?

He mentioned he wasn't around for the event. To earn something, you need to be around.

events like the last one were beyond easy and beyond long. on top of which as you stated you dont even have to do events anymore because you can buy them off other players. what more do you guys want?

Care to provide a source for the perceived difficulty of non-geared, new players?

on top of which as you stated you dont even have to do events anymore because you can buy them off other players. what more do you guys want?

With real money, equivalent to 30-40 bucks or more, which was the point of the post. Event items should not be allowed to become an easy way to rip off cash cows.

Why do I get the feeling you are acting as if you somehow owned the game? There is no need to be defensive about something that concern you in the slightest. Unless, of course, you are making easy money off of it.

But do not let that stop you from being unwelcoming and rude to new players. It isn't like they are the bread and butter of a game community. Oops, wait, they actually are.

Edited by HansJurgen

Don't you think limitation of event mods are bit unfair ? I know players can buy those mods from other players but price for particular mod sets are insane ... I never seen think like that in other mmo old players had a big advantage on new players it should be like that ...

It is unfair, and currently they are a good way to rip off people who do not know any better.

They will eventually become available. They should become available, or be removed from trading. Either way makes sense. Not the way things currently are, where limited edition stuff isn't really limited edition, but just a design overview where people are getting ripped off for ridiculous sums of money over pixel cards.

Edited by HansJurgen

Do you have a source for that?

Do you make stuff up on the fly, all the time like that? Or only when you feel like venting your whatever real life frustrations on complete strangers on the internet?

Protip. When someone asks a question, you do not reply with a question.

He mentioned he wasn't around for the event. To earn something, you need to be around.

Care to provide a source for the perceived difficulty of non-geared, new players?

With real money, equivalent to 30-40 bucks or more, which was the point of the post. Even items should not be allowed to become money baits for cash cows.

Why do I get the feeling you are acting if you somehow owned the game? There is no need to be so defensive about something that concern you in the slightest. Unless, of course, you are making easy money off of it.

But do not let that stop you from being unwelcoming and rude to new players. It isn't like they are the bread and butter of a game community. Oops, wait, they actually are.

I love how wanting players to stand beside me during an event is rude. and the imaginary 30-40 bucks... you can buy everything that is buyable in this game from the market and from trading with platinum and not spend one red cent. The problem is ppl want stuff right away, instead of taking their time (playing the game)

on top of which not so sure how a ton of hypothetical players who never purchase plat and are strictly free to play are such a bread and butter over the seasoned real life money investing veterans. explain that to me. Quality versus Quantity

It is unfair, and currently they are a good way to rip off people who do not know any better.

They will eventually become available. They should become available, or be removed from trading. Either way makes sense. Not the way things currently are.

Agree with most of your comment except the "removed from trading" part, turning an event mod into an exclusive item after stating they would be released in the future is not going to go over well in the slightest.

Mickey1779 is correct. More truly exclusive items is going to be a bad thing in the long run. Making them non-tradable would be a mistake.

Similar to the brakk ordeal. Many people complained at the fact that it was release, many enjoyed it. The Gravitus event winners got that gun months before its recent release. nearly 3+ months before anyone else. I think that in its own is an amazing reward. These mods are just the same. Cicero mods i'm expecting could be out almost as soon as next month if De wishes it. 

Me personally, I hope that the next event weapon is a Vandal since it has been a long time since we've seen one of those :P 

I love how wanting players to stand beside me during an event is rude.

You love all that? Oh, it is just a catchphrase you heard somewhere, which have to absolutely use it every time you want to somehow intimidate some complete stranger on the internet how has no reason to care about you? Welp, I am afraid, it does not fit the context and makes no sense.

Anyway, do you even read? I said your post is rude, which as it so happens, included nothing about you wanting anything.

and the imaginary 30-40 bucks... you can buy everything that is buyable in this game from the market and from trading with platinum and not spend one red cent. T

Last time I checked, platinum sold for not non-imaginary, real money.

on top of which not so sure how a ton of hypothetical players who never purchase plat and are strictly free to play are such a bread and butter over the seasoned real life money investing veterans. explain that to me. Quality versus Quantity

I am sure any economic literature on the F2P model will help enlighten you, if you are not so sure how it works, that is. It is just a Google search away.

Quality versus Quantity

I am sorry that us unwashed, new player peasants can't meet the steep requirements of entitled founders. Fortunately, DE does not think that way, and you aren't their marketing manager. So let's leave it at that.

Mickey1779 is correct. More truly exclusive items is going to be a bad thing in the long run. Making them non-tradable would be a mistake.

Depends on what is released. I dont mind people getting mods ( heck, i need another set of Ciceros ), Brakk/Detron type also. But if they release Vandals/Wraiths for people that didnt participate in the events, i will not be happy about it.

You love all that? Oh, it is just a catchphrase you heard somewhere, which have to absolutely use it every time you want to somehow intimidate some complete stranger on the internet how has no reason to care about you? Welp, I am afraid, it does not fit the context and makes no sense.

Anyway, do you even read? I said your post is rude, which as it so happens, included nothing about you wanting anything.

Last time I checked, platinum sold for not non-imaginary, real money.

I am sure any economic literature on the F2P model will help enlighten you, if you are not so sure how it works, that is. It is just a Google search away.

I am sorry that us unwashed, new player peasants can't meet the steep requirements of entitled founders. Fortunately, DE does not think that way, and you aren't their marketing manager. So let's leave it at that.

make a new account

get to appollodorous, sit there for a few hours/days/whathaveyou

go to trade chat, sell all of your cores (not even mods, just cores).

rinse and repeat. new "player" with tradeable plat, didnt buy any of it. Someone bought it, just not you. All you are doing is moving it around. You can buy everything that is buyable in this game this way. All you need is time.

make a new account

rinse and repeat. new "player" with tradeable plat, didnt buy any of it. Someone bought it, just not you. All you are doing is moving it around. You can buy everything that is buyable in this game this way. All you need is time.

Exactly.

Time and not being lazy.

Agree with most of your comment except the "removed from trading" part, turning an event mod into an exclusive item after stating they would be released in the future is not going to go over well in the slightest.

I used the two options in disjunction, not conjunction. Of course, the latter option would be bad.

My point is that the current situation where an item is not currently available ingame (potentially becoming available in the future), while being up for trade, artificially inflates the value of said item. Which would be fine if it was just ingame currency.

However, everyone sells the mod sets for platinum, which is real money. By the looks of it, this was not DE's intention when they rewarded mod sets to players during events. Personally, I appreciate the intrinsic value of a prize, and no matter how small, I won't go around trying to make a quick buck out of it.

make a new account

Your fallacy is nice and airtight and everything. There is just this little detail that begs the question, to you all new players should exploit loop holes and farm cores for platinum, the sort of behavior WOW has fought so hard to keep at bay? So, to you, I am just some macro farmer, undeserving of this game, who is out to strip off veteran players of all their plat, because they can't get their cores themselves? So, i am basically human sewegge and I should act accordingly.

Got it. Thank you, you are too kind.

Do you have a source for that too, that all new players play like you claim, just like for all the stuff you keep making up and have yet to substantiate with a single drop of evidence? I am still expecting you to address all the nonsense I have pointed out earlier.

Did you pay for your founder's package with your own money?  It is sort of odd for a guy who allegedly spent $250 of his hard earned cash on pixel ninjas to not grasp the value of time and literally tell people to basically quit their job and farm warframe for hours. Not doing so makes them lazy. Are you for real? How old are you, anyway?

I work for a living. But thanks for telling me that is lazy. You are a really nice chap.

Then you can buy platinum. You have three options:

1) people that work dont have time, but they can buy platinum. Just dont tell me you cannot spend 5 $ when you get an discount.

2) people with no jobs have time, they can farm.

3) you are complaining about something that will not change. So, either you can stop, or you can fight windmills forever.