Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

+ 2.5 Status? Two Point Five Status? Is That A Joke?

Innocent_Flower

So some nightmare mods increase status effect chance by 15%

But most status chance increases are 2.5%

This isn't the only stupid mod mistake- but it's the most noticeable. 

It's clearly supposed to be a +25% thing. I mean that's what crits are boosted by. This kinda thing needs to change fast. It can be done in a hotfix= anything. It just needs to be done fast. It's a simply fix. The simple deletion of a dot is all it takes. 

Edited by Tulzscha
removed profanity :)

they will always remain rubbish on weapons with low base status% and better on ones with higher base status%, on a weapon that has a standard status% of 10% which is the most common, a 15% increase means a 15% increase of 10%, and that is Base Status% : 10 * 0.15 = 1.5% extra status, making a grand total of 10% + 1.5% = 11.5%

the grakata has a base status of 20% so now your 15% extra would be 20 * 0.15 = 3% extra, totalling 23%

the only status mods of worth tho are the event mods which yield 60% status and theres 2 of them as well as hammershots 40%

the grakata using all 3 mods would end up being

20 * (0.60 + 0.60 + 0.40) = 32 extra status, totalling 52%, however the math goes a bit wonky with split chamber added and the new total ends up being 77% total status%

basically the higher the default status the more benefit you get when stacking up status%, the mods like rifle aptitude being far far far too low a % to even care or bother with on any weapon.

because the whole system is pretty underwhelming, which hopefully will change more over time.

......i miss my cold based torid.

the whole new dmg/status system tbh, cant say i like any of it, supposedly it was to "cure" rainbow builds of old, yet it didnt change anything, we still fit all those elements like before, only now they mix into fewer possible "proc effects".

i originally left my last fave run/gun with powers game, mass effect 3 multiplayer, and tbh i prefer even their dmg system, oh look an opponent someone slapped a cold effect on, ill just hit them with fire and watch them go boom, tech/biotic combos on ME3/MP were pretty easy to notice, granted those effects were via powers and not weapon mods but i liked it.

the system we have now, i dont even care what mods i fit, which is the same as dmg 1.0, i still fit my essential V slot mods then rainbow mods which yields the largest DMG% and ideally has the fewest drawbacks, typically i just fit corrosive+cold or corrosive+blast and use those on everything without a care in the world.

then we have crit, no choices or variety there either, if a weapon has high crit, you max its dmg/chance then fit whatever after, if its low crit then you simply dont bother.

then we have status chance, same as above, if its high and ideally on a fast rate of fire weapon, then add more via 2x event mods and hammershot, if the status chance is low then dont bother.

we lack imaginiative variety options, im hoping we will eventually be able to look at a weapon and not have 90% of the warframe player base use exactly the same cookie cutter fitting.

Edited by Methanoid

Indeed. Sure shot, stunning speed, rifle aptitude, melee prowess and maybe shotgun savvy needs very badly a buff. Proc builds shouldn't be viable for event winners only. Upgrading all those mods to +40% or +50% status at rank 5 would be nice.

Edited by Einde