The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Is the update postponed?

Hmm...

U13 wasn't originally expected today anyway...

The Grineersystems site built the hype for this one.

Given the last frame noted it's going to be even bigger than we thought.

I'm content to wait. I'd imagine the Big clans would be too.

Gives everyone a week to work out who's going to be aligned with whom.

If they'd just dropped that one on us all at once, there would be even more crying.

While I understand that crap happens and things don't go as planned. But it is the lack of communication on DE's part that is bugging me the most. From the sounds of it they are putting off a proper explanation until the live stream on Friday, which in my opinion will be far to late. At least tell us if your office burst into flames or something, don't just leave us in the dark.

Taking time to perfect content and systems is not "handling with care" in your opinion? Whose logic is flawed, really?

I didnt say that taking time to perfect things isnt good. I meant hyping up your customers for no reason a week before an update.

The hype and buildup comes from within. Even the creators themselves could not change the hearts and minds of our fellow Tenno, as their minds had already been made up. They believed in something that was never really there, in the hopes that it would arrive within a time that no one ever stated.

These are the auspices of self-delusion.

Umm... yes they could. They could not have put up grineer systems unless they wer DAMN sure U13 wasn't broken... Oh and update 13 will come when half life 3 does..

You want DE to not improve when they commit errors and you want DE to look like they don't know what they're doing to potential players. Let DE defend themselves, you are hurting them by making their fans look so defensive. I want DE to succeed, and people going "its a free game in a beta you should be grateful you leeches" even though there are purchases and its easily comparable/better in content to many released games is disgusting.

Let DE admit gracefully that they screwed up and apologize, don't make up excuses.

Edit - Everyone seems to be getting the wrong message. Blind zealots are hurting DE because it makes DE look like they are unable to explain themselves, and is making them look like amateurs. Stop defending DE so they can get the respect they deserve.

Edited by GoonBoon

the only disappointing thing on my feels is the countdown, but I am not mad about the delay. They could've just extended the teaser screens instead of putting them out one by one per day.

if it was a huge, game-break bug coming out on the last hours, sure... fix it.

Besides... I still need credits to farm for the coming of new weapons.

simply put: DE intended for U13 to come today and even made a site to anticipate it. They ran into an issue (would have to be a large one for them to postpone it) and are delaying it until next week. A lot of people are having hype backlash and are focusing rage at DE.

I believe that most of this "community outrage" was created from simply the devs not actually stating that they had to delay the update. Many (I imagine) thought that the extra 7 day timer was planned all along.

With hindsight just saying: "We have some issues with GU13, gonna have to delay update for approx. 7 days" would have gotten a far better responce than a timer...

Okay but on friday they're streaming a playthrough of U13. Which means they have a somewhat finished product, no? Even if it has bugs isnt that what being in Open Beta is for? 

They might have something playable. But they know what's not working & what is working, so showcasing the working stuff to atleast satisfy some, BUT What they don't showcase (what isn't working) has delayed U13 for a very good reason.

ok, sure, programming is difficult, blah blah, but if you can't make it, do NOT release a webpage anticipating the whole deal, and delay it for another week, exactly when it should be released.

It's not that it's been delayed, it's that the players were mocked.

"prepare, we're releasin- nah, nevermind"

Perhaps a last moment glitch/hitch or even a lost backup tape. There's alot that can go wrong when you rely on the technology