The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

From reading your post i arrived at the conclusion that you too, like any other OP today, are just speculating in what could be the case, you slip by because you are diving so far into their crevice it is actually painful to watch. dont forget surface for oxygen, or ideally bring a snorkle.
Nothing different about your forum topic, no moderator's badge or anything, there is absolutely no reason at all to listen to your reasoning any more than the negative threads, as the only official statement we have currently is rebecca's, although it is 6ft under by now. anything beyond rebeccas 5 liner is pure speculation, untill DE buckle up and tell us whats going down.

Don't forget that negative criticism is just as valid as positive criticism(praise), and any criticism can be used to learn, and i dont think that this praising of failure is healthy, often its the things you dont like to hear that makes you better.
And rebecca DID confirm that it was planned for today.

I am not succumbing to any crevice, i am of my own free will when i discuss this topic. My conclusion has a strong basis upon several observations of the negativity that has befallen today's incident which have all yielded the same basic results and theme which i have described.

I also indeed agree that constructive criticism can be from both positive and negative sources. However, negative criticism requires that there is something to be learned from it. So fat as i have seen from the negative posts is no such constructive criticism, just people trying to point fingers and throw a tamper-tantrum that they didn't get what they were pestering [DE] about. 

And if you are trying to bring up that [DE] should learn to tell people about not being able to release this update sooner then i will stop you right there and give you some facts.

Not a few moments ago, [DE]Megan announced to the community that the website that was purposed to hype the release of the said update 13 was never intended to have the countdown clock at the end. It was by unfortunate circumstances that they had to postpone the release of Update 13.

They were not planning for this unexpected event so any notions of timing of the delay can be safely kept to yourself, as like all the other negative threads regarding U13, it is just a bunch of hot air.

As for the Update 13 delay itself, i have explained what i assume has happened, they overestimated the hype and will now try to make the update live up to expectations. Even if that is not the true reason you can also speculate that they decided that they are almost finished with the End Game material that they decided to post pone the update in order to work on the material as well as polish anything glitches that may have been found. All that i know for a fact is that they openly apologized for the mistake, is handing out apology alerts in response, and is going above and beyond in making a point to include the End Game material into the revised update.

I hope this shows you my deduction of your conclusion 

Well I agree that kicking yelling and screaming isn't going to get anything done taking this from a different stand point DE has let down countless members.

As a COMPANY this is very bad practice and as a COMPANY you should not do this to your members. If you know it's not going to be ready than don't show everyone what's to come, hold it off till you are 100% sure you are good to release this new product. (In this case melee 2.0).

I like DE, I like their game, I don't like the way they're handling melee 2.0 release.

If you know something isn't going to meet peoples expectations don't wait till the last day to say. "Hey sorry guys I know we were going to give you this but we saw how excited you were so were just going to hold it off longer so it actually is what you thought it was going to be." I'd rather DE had taken down the grineer system spoiler page much earlier than kept on going with it.

Also I'm curious, had melee 2.0 released today what was DE planning on giving us? What would it have been if they hadn't delayed it again? Clearly if they were planning on releasing it today there has been a significant amount of progress done to it to let them at least show it off on a spoiler page and let everyone know that something big was coming.

They were planning on releasing it today. There's no if. Rebecca and Megan have confirmed that.

They tried to ship it today. They took a gamble if they could fix it or not in time, and they lost. They made a mistake. They're only human. Can we fault them for that? Maybe, but I don't feel it's worthy getting angry around. There are far better things to spend your emotions on.

But Warframe is my life...........and I understand that.  That's why I"m saying, if you were so close to being ready, then ship U13 without whatever it was that caused the issue!   IF the Badlands were the issue, then ship us Melee 2.0!  If Melee 2.0 had an issue, ship us Badlands!  If the Kubrows were the issue, ship us Melee 2.0 and the Badlands!  Whatever the issue was, omit that, and give us the rest of it.

The answer is a big slap on your face with "NO" engraved in bold caps font times new roman size 188449 colored red

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *cries in agony*

You'd expect DE to give us at least a couple of the items from U13 today, like the Katana, or the new Frame. But nope. All we get are the alerts and this half-assed apology.

Did you see the apology they gave way back when?  Everyone got 50 free platinum, 10 mutagen masses, and a huge apology from Sheldon.  This is a massive half-assed POS "here take this alert and stfu" apology.  DE is losing their touch if they think they can treat us like this.  

I wish we could get SOMETHING.  Just SOMETHING.

The time to be sympathetic has long passed, they had their chance and they blew it.

The first time and the second time was enough, we don't need this to happen FOUR TIMES! 

he said third time in arow its the third time not fourth

tried to not play for this few days, so i can go all out today.

sad... of course, and it would be better if they not put those site,

and, i dont really need the "apology alerts", i play warframe long enough and have almost all warframe include all the potatoes,.

guess i just have to stay out of wf till next week.

I like DE, I like their game, I don't like the way they're handling melee 2.0 release.

The time to be sympathetic has long passed, they had their chance and they blew it.

The first time and the second time was enough, we don't need this to happen FOUR TIMES! 

We don't. None of us do, not DE, not us but is blind anger really going to help you on this cause. What I would suggest is to give constructive feedback for the future and hope that DE learns their lesson from this occasion as well. Think of them as interns that need to learn from their mistakes and they do, as long as you are willing to give good lessons to them and blind anger, well if you'd be as a intern and all you would get is bashing, name calling and whatnot, would you really learn anything else except that you messed up.

How about this, advice them. Teach them how to be better, or die trying.

Yes, none of us deserved this, not again but we still have to remember that there are better ways to approach things. Even if it sometimes is hard to do that, especially so if it is unjustified. It takes a lot of maturity and personality to be able to step down and help someone after all the " nasty things " he/she did to you.

EDIT: Now I add a video here by Jim Sterling. Some hate him for his act, and some recognize it as an act so here goes, bare with his act. ( Oh and I do hope this comment does not get deleted because, WARNING the video contains strong language ). Oh and while it talks about graphics, it can be applied to this situation as a metaphor. Especially the last statements of the video. Oh and I would not be as harsh with my language but the message is more important than how it is demonstrated.

The video:

Edited by BETAOPTICS

I'm loving all of these kids posting 5 paragraph essays outlining their entire Warframe history like it's an autobiography that leads up to today, the day where DE stabbed them in the back by delaying U13, betraying their trust and destroying a beautiful dev/community relationship, leaving them lost and alone in a cruel, unforgiving world where delayed game expansions aren't uncommon.

Get over yourselves. 

If BF4 players could wait a week for Naval Strike, you can too.

^^^^^^^ i lik dis guy

They didn't bring it out when you wanted it, what's the big deal?

They hyped it A LOT.

Sucks if you don't meet the raised expectations. Simple as that.

Also, I predicted the fail of U13.

Edited by Grulos