The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Personally I would of liked it if they gave us more awesome pictures to look at instead of a stupid little slot-machine-countdown-thing

Also it would of been nice if they told us WHY U13 wasn't released, instead of what I saw just saying "last second " issues.

Yeah, WHAT went wrong.

Why did it go wrong?

What happened?

Did someone sabotage the code? (Long-Shot but you never know)

When did it happen?

I wish they could let us know what happened.

I have figured it out. The hamsters that run the servers have staged a coup. They are tired of being exploited as cheap, fuzzy labor. 

Discuss.

#HamstersStrike2014

Support them, they are working long hours without any breaks. It's disgraceful.

I have figured it out. The hamsters that run the servers have staged a coup. They are tired of being exploited as cheap, fuzzy labor. 

Discuss.

We must crush their rebellion as soon as possible and double, no TRIPLE their workload to make up for the issues caused by them.

That last pannel is not a confirmed HUB at all. It could be, it could be another place for our dojos as well, it could be something completely unexpected. The thing in the middle doesnt even look like a ship. In fact based on the wording and previous Livestreams it sounds more like the badlands bridges and territory claiming for clans than anything else. I just wouldnt assume yet..

Taking off for vacation is one thing, but for a game? Let alone a single big update? That's laughable, really.

Would you support someone taking off to see a sporting event. Most would but I find that notion far more laughable than taking off to be an active participant in an activity you enjoy. Sports are as big if not a bigger waste of time than video games but still people like to enforce this double standard.

Who's bullying him? I'm not, so keep cool :).

I'm just saying that this is an event game, and we shouldn't be overwhelmed by this. We have friends,partners,wives,family aside.

Just wait one week in your entire existence, and hope that it won't happen again...

But you have to remember that there are people who are so deeply depressed that they are only hanging on the edge of life and suicide because of some things and in my choice of profession, it has been proven that games can be that. So to them, it is the only thing to live for since their own life has failed them in some way and things like this, are important. Provided he truly means it and it is just not plain anger from him.

EDIT: And those people actually are very sensitive with their problem which is why even mentioning can be very hurtful. Even if the intention is good.

Anyways, back to the topic.

The way I currently see it, is that yes, I do as well share the disappointment feeling many here seem to have but then again, it is not so much away from my life than it is from DE's. The only reason at the moment I would see myself finding a reason to log in and play would be when a big system like this get's implemented due to my current burnout.

Thus, as long as they delay it, I lose my interest in the whole thing and I lose my motivation to buy anything from them which I'm sure, DE knows that this is why delays are bad. This is not as much of a threat and more so of a statement how I estimate my own interests holding up.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Yeah, WHAT went wrong.

Why did it go wrong?

What happened?

Did someone sabotage the code? (Long-Shot but you never know)

When did it happen?

I wish they could let us know what happened.

Thank you. honestly to me it's easier to not be frustrated if they told me why.

I'm already irritated at Melee 2.0, I honestly care very little about it. I want all the loot and Kubrows. Melee 2.0 has already been pushed back multiple times, why would they attach an entire update to it? I guess it is big, but it was doomed to be push back even more.

Just when I began to regain trust into this community... Aaaaand it goes back to bunch of spoiled kids.

Back to lurking then.

^ lol, agreed.

I also don't think most people realize how much goes into making a game, and what can go wrong. If DE found a problem in the update at the last moment, that's good for them. Better they catch it rather than the players. Why would they release an update that they knew had errors? I don't mind the wait. They already posted that something got messed up, things happen and people should really just leave it there. It's not like its life and death, really.

what are the grineer systems 

Badlands?

Grineer Systems was a website that DE made where they were uploading a bunch of pictures and a video to build hype for Update 13, with these teasers being released day-by-day, leading up to today. Update 13 was supposed to be today, but due to last minute issues is delayed until next week.

From a technical standpoint, I don't imagine it would be possible to release parts of a patch.

I suspect that a patch is sent out as a compressed archive, which the game then decompresses and unpacks into the relevant locations. This would likely require DE to organise and compress everything on their end in the first place before sending it out.

If this is correct - I'd guess it wouldn't really be possible to send out parts of a patch unless you made it into it's own 'mini patch', which doesn't seem too likely given the circumstances.

Edited by Segolia

I can understand everyone's urgency to try out new content, but let us at least give DE some time to make sure preparations are complete. After all, from their Devstreams, it should be obvious they worked their &#! off to make sure U13 delivers only the best.

According to the "Sword Alone" page, we have will next Wednesday for the content to kick in. Let us not be too ungrateful for the work DE put into this game by urging them to go ahead of themselves.

DE, I can wait till next Wednesday for U13. I can only hope you are just as excited as most of us are about it.

Edited by FoxFX