The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Year And One Month

Jahdoh

Hi,

My name is Mark. My IGN for Warframe is Jahdoh.

I've been here over a year playing over 900 hours in game so far.

I consider myself very passionate about Warframe and appreciate what and how it's helped me get through challenging times.

I'm a retired SGT from the United States Marine Corps. I served from 1976 to 1984 when I was retired from a spinal cord injury (while I am service connected, my injury was not combat related). I've lived as a quadriplegic for 30+ years now and use gaming as one of the many tools to keep my mind and body working the best it can.

I must use a controller as I don't have the full dexterity to use keyboard and mouse. I do play the PC version. I'd like to thank the developers of the game for including controller support  for this game. So many games over the years I've wanted to play but can not only because they didn't support controller.

I'm in the half century club at 54. I have 4 boys, 4 step children and 11 grand children. We all love gaming.

I have not previously been monitoring the Warframe community forums. I decided to take a short read today and see what the community has been doing. I'm not a big fan of community forums because of the endless drama that usually accompanies them. It's not my age either. I just think time can better be spent in game. I'll try to participate a little more this year.

I like the direction Warframe is going. The whole package. Game immersion is a must with me. I like being able to login every day, strap on my Tenno of choice and leave the real life chair I exist in. While In Warframe, I'm a bad &#! with a gun again. Just like I was years ago in the Marines. Thanks for that.

That's my introduction. Thanks for reading.

-Mark (Jahdoh)

SGT, USMC, Retired

Disabled Veteran

Thank you Sergeant. It's awesome to think that Warframe speaks to servicemen at all ages: myself at 20 and early in my enlistment, and you at 54. If I were the developers I would be proud and honored that the game lets you feel so alive. But since I'm not, I'll take your statements to heart, because sometimes we play so much that we forget the reason why we play: to feel like a badass, to feel the exhilaration.

-snip-

Welcome to the forums Mark!

I do agree that the forums can be a bit dramatic and threads can get derailed if the topic is controversial.

But all in all you can find useful information and participate in helping the Warframe team by giving feedback and reporting bugs aswell as aid/suggestions from fellow tenno.

I also salute your service to the USMC, I have friends in both the Army and Marine Corps.

Edited by Phobose

Thank you Sergeant. It's awesome to think that Warframe speaks to servicemen at all ages: myself at 20 and early in my enlistment, and you at 54. If I were the developers I would be proud and honored that the game lets you feel so alive. But since I'm not, I'll take your statements to heart, because sometimes we play so much that we forget the reason why we play: to feel like a badass, to feel the exhilaration.

Well said.

Mark - Jahdoh - Tenno!

That brought a tear to my eye. It makes me remember why I play this game, and my dream to one day be in the same position as Steve, Scott and the other Coders, to make something that brings us out of our everyday life, to feel like a badass.

I'll leave this picture

Hj502yC.gif

Welcome to the Forums, Im very thankful for your service. My dad is an army chaplain who is about to retire after 20+ years and 4 combat deployments. And so I have been raised to always show the highest respect to our servicemen. Thank you for your service and Im very happy you enjoy playing this amazing game so much.

Welcome to the Forums, Jahdoh!

You'll find that this community is far better than most, although we do have our fair share of occasional drama fits.

The larger community for Warframe seems far more supportive of our beloved game than most.

Glad to have you with us!

~Xethier

My father is currently active in the air force and working in the pentagon. Although I almost never see him it is nice to know you have great ways of being connected to your family. I hope you enjoy your stay. I hope someday I will get the chance to do a mission with you sometime. +5 faith in humanity thanks to you.

Edited by pattonsguy

Welcome to the forums and the gaming community of warframe Jahdoh,

My name is Quentin. I am previously a SGT from the Singapore Navy whom has left the service due to a hip injury while in service. Its great to see a fellow brother in arms playing this game having the same views as mine... to leave the chair that I actually exist in.

-Quentin (x1aok1tty)

SGT,RSN

Welcome to the forums, take this guys advice, I made one post and now I am stuck in here on my spare time, as a psychology student I had heard a lot of bad things about video games but reading your post in here makes me happy to prove people what the games and this game are all about, glad to have you in the game.

Edited by kphamtom

Welcome to the forums, take this guys advice, I made one post and now I am stuck in here on my spare time, as a psychology student I had heard a lot of bad things about video games but reading your post in here makes me happy to prove people what the games and this game are all about, glad to have you in the game.

I am glad i didn't choose psychology as my subject.