The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosable Gender For All Frames

(PSN)Classy_Deathclaw

Which is rather silly if they're ever going to even to attempt to focus on the Tenno inside. So are all warframes cross dressers? And why are the valkyr's shouts feminine if 10 seconds ago I was an excalibur? Either we're a platoon of Tenno all in different armor, or we're one tenno swapping out and this makes no sense. If we're a platoon, that goes against the Focus and Tenno-per-account theme. If we're just a single tenno, it makes little sense as to why the Warframes would have gender.

Which is rather silly if they're ever going to even to attempt to focus on the Tenno inside. So are all warframes cross dressers? And why are the valkyr's shouts feminine if 10 seconds ago I was an excalibur? Either we're a platoon of Tenno all in different armor, or we're one tenno swapping out and this makes no sense. If we're a platoon, that goes against the Focus and Tenno-per-account theme. If we're just a single tenno, it makes little sense as to why the Warframes would have gender.

Please don't make me say it.

Are you trying to apply logic to a video game?

There, I said it.

Explain to me why a Halo Spartan can withstand a fall from space, but stepping in 6 inches of water = instant death. It's a MEME for Pete's sake.

is easier to treat the player as an "A.I.", that is deployed in each Warframe, one at a time

to change your warframe, just transfer the A.I. from one warframe to another

Edited by Zeyez

Please don't make me say it.

Are you trying to apply logic to a video game?

There, I said it.

Explain to me why a Halo Spartan can withstand a fall from space, but stepping in 6 inches of water = instant death. It's a MEME for Pete's sake.

Videogames are a medium of having fun and conveying a story. If a game I care bout has a story and the story has plotholes I want resolutions to it. If it was a book or a movie people would be with pitchforks and torches, but just because it's a videogame people take it less seriously? There is no reason to do that.

It's thoughts like that which make people not give videogames the respect they deserve as story telling mediums along with fun mediums.

"It's just a videogame". Ugh. Stop letting game story writers be lazy, and stop giving people less reasons to respect videogames. That is the last thing we need.

Also, I never played Halo, I'm never going to play Halo. I don't care about Halo. I don't care about it's story. If I get it some day and I grow to care about it's story then I will wonder why a guy who can survive re-entry dies in water.

My answer: Very poor meshing of story and gameplay together. Either that or crappy story telling. Take your pick.

And back to the logic thing, there is already logic in games. Gravity, in some way, works. We get hurt when we're exposed to vacuum. Impact from projectiles damage us. When we put one foot in front of the other we move forward unless we're being pulled in another direction or there is an obstruction.

Gender swap is just a logic addition, those who like it can use it and those who dont can just let it be. Its kinda weird to have mono-gender frames considering that every player plays one tenno that is changing his warframe.

I have a feeling DE has a reason for doing this though, eventually tying in to lore. Until they say anything about this, I wouldn't demand any "logic additions" until the Warframe Universe has been set in stone.

When that will be... who knows? After Melee 8.0 and Abilities 4.0 maybe.

Gender swap is just a logic addition, those who like it can use it and those who dont can just let it be. Its kinda weird to have mono-gender frames considering that every player plays one tenno that is changing his warframe.

Not really, considering each of them vary in height, body mass and shape. The were genderlocked for a reason. It would be incredibly illogical to think that the person wearing a Mag warframe was the same person inside the Rhino suit. I find that laughable, really. 

To be honest?

You want your Excalibur or Rhino to be female?

refer to your Rhino or Excalibur with she/her pronouns and you're done, there's your female Excalibur or Rhino.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. This is a game that's HELLA years into the future there's no way our contemporary gender roles and expectations survived that long. And there's nothing in the lore to suggest that the Tenno ever explicitly subscribed to similar things either.

Also let me remind you that even in real life, gender and biological sex are distinct things and there's no reason it's any different for the Tenno.

Heck, Tenno biology/construction? is a mystery to us thus far. They might not even necessarily HAVE a biological sex the way we understand it, or simply not have any biological sex.

There's nothing saying they have only two genders either. I mean, historically speaking humans have never been relegated to simply two genders either (a number of cultures actually existed and still do exist that can have three or more genders).

Not really, considering each of them vary in height, body mass and shape. The were genderlocked for a reason. It would be incredibly illogical to think that the person wearing a Mag warframe was the same person inside the Rhino suit. I find that laughable, really. 

Too many things imply that it is so, when Steve was talking about the focus system, he said we will be able to level the tenno, improve on player level. Also we know that there are many of the same Warframe and that they are not one "character".