Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

What do you guys think of the ...puddle power? I see two uses for it, either "stealth" which we don't really have right now and don't see working too well OR going to a choke point, and then just absorbing all the enemies, which might work.

Also not sure how I feel about the fact that he actually physically turns into water, that seems odd, we haven't seen any other warfraem have that kind of ability before.

What do you guys think of the ...puddle power? I see two uses for it, either "stealth" which we don't really have right now and don't see working too well OR going to a choke point, and then just absorbing all the enemies, which might work.

Also not sure how I feel about the fact that he actually physically turns into water, that seems odd, we haven't seen any other warfraem have that kind of ability before.

We HAVE seen rhino prime turn his skin/armor into gold, so i guess physically altering the body of a tenno is possible.

Cthulhu turns into fog, so I should love this.

(haven't watched the video though)

I hated Hydroid. All of it. The name, the looks, the powers.... every single thing about it.

Maybe I just shot myself in the foot by having huge expectations for the water frame, but.... I really hate it. I guess Frost Prime and Nova will remain my mains.

I think people to make it clear how bad of a name hydroid is.  That was literally the one thing I saw in the stream that I disliked :|

Why on earth does a pirate water frame's name have to make him sound like a robot?

Edited by Aggh

Hydroid is amazing! It has completely surpassed my expectations! I see a new favorite warframe maybe... (although I said that about Oberon, and Zephy and they still aren't as good as Nekros) I can't wait to get my hands on this new warframe and see what I will be capable of with it!

I think people to make it clear how bad of a name hydroid is.  That was literally the one thing I saw in the stream that I disliked :|

Why on earth does a pirate water frame's name have to make him sound like a robot?

It sounds like a pokemon.

Hydroid is better than the other weird stuff that people came up with in the livestream like naming it after such odd things... and why Hydroxide? That sounds like the name of a villain or something.

Hydroid. LOVE the name :D

Why not Kappa-frame?

Or Susanoo-frame?

Or Mizuchi-frame?

And, hek, forget Japanese, there are thousands of other watery sources that are better than a space pirate.

I mean, who created this warframe?

Orokin scientist- "You know what we should be base this frame that channels water abilities? A PIRATE!"

Orokin assistant- "W-what? A pirate? People that just go around pillaging and killing? I dont think this is going to work well for a military force. It's pretty much the opposite."

Orokin scientist- "Im thinking ahead, my boy, i'm thinking ahead.... MWA AHAHHAHAHA!"

Orokin assistant- " Why are you laughing like that?"

This water frame is probably the reason the Tenno rebelled against the Orokin. They couldn't control the pirating feelings they got when wearing this frame and they just went nuts.

Hydroid is better than the other weird stuff that people came up with in the livestream like naming it after such odd things... and why Hydroxide? That sounds like the name of a villain or something.

Two wrongs don't make a right :|