Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

I like it. It fits. His morphing skills make him reminiscent of a number of creatures together, not just one big one - which can be applied to both the botanical and zoological aspects of Hydroid - as is showcased by his "melting" abilities. Also, hydroids are relatives of Jellyfish - his tentacle ability, anyone?

Lochnor or Genthus?

Lochnor just sounds cool (and Loch has to do with water)

But the ancient pirate reference works because

1: It's a pirate

and 2: The Vauban is named after someone as well

So... yeah

The first sounds cooler to me, but the second seems more appropriate. :D

I hope the devs actually change the name, but I also hope they don't put it up to a vote, ppl here are suggesting even worse names :/

Simplifying it to Hydro or Hydros, is good, going as far as suggesting cliches like nautilus and aquawhatever.. please no.

Hydroid is a fine name. It will grow on you, and they aren't going to change it because a few people don't like it. It's actually pretty rude to be making a poll to try and change the hard work that they are bending over backwards to get out to us. Plus it's a free game. So you are not entitled to naming anything. I'm not being a White Knight either. I'm being rational. So. yeah. It kind of surprises me this thread hasn't been locked or deleted. 

Are you saying it took hard work to come up with the name 'hydroid'?

This game is in beta, we are its testers. It is our job to give feedback. If we don't like the name 'hydroid', we have every right to tell them.

You aren't being rational, you're forgetting your (and our) place as beta testers.

Typhonus, Leviathan (tentacle ultimate, c'mon!?), Dangly-beard, or Puddle-bot/man.

Leviathan is the top of my list though.

Captain Squirty

no?

You answered your own question.

Edit: Lochnor and Genthus sound pretty awesome as well.

Edited by OptimumBow0

Typhonus, Leviathan (tentacle ultimate, c'mon!?), Dangly-beard, or Puddle-bot/man.

Leviathan is the top of my list though.

You answered your own question.

Edit: Lochnor and Genthus sound pretty awesome as well.

Lochnor just feels right i completly agree

The first sounds cooler to me, but the second seems more appropriate. :D

Thank you for the support! Hopefully the name will be changed