Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

He'll probably drop off whatever boss is in the Grineer Shipyards, wherever those end up.

Maybe they'll change all of Sedna to be Shipyards, then move Saryn off to some placeholder Corpus/Infested boss on Eris?

I was under the impression that all new frames will be through the tenno lab.  It'd be strange to start doing that only to change it back to dropping parts from bosses.

I was under the impression that all new frames will be through the tenno lab.  It'd be strange to start doing that only to change it back to dropping parts from bosses.

I never got the impression the Tenno Lab would be the end-all means of frame acquisition, so much as a measure to deal with the unreliability of grinding Survivals and Defenses for Volt and Banshee. Adding Zephyr was just a way of hyping the release of the Tenno Lab, much as her immediate three predecessors were dropped in locations with new tilesets.

There's nothing to say they won't go back to dropping parts from bosses, especially since the change to 100% chance of part acquisition turned a week grind into a half hour grind. They put Vauban in the alert rewards and immediately went on to make a new boss for Nova.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! 

sorry I had too. In all seriousness, this frame looks awesome! It would be even better if it was called Cthulu but somehow I doubt it. I can't wait to see what his powers are like.

EDIT: Didn't realize that quote was already beat to death here, my apologies.

Edited by SirDraco

so when are we gonna have frame weaknesses ? because i want ember to be weak to this guy, and this guy be weak to frost 

also this would make conclave so much better.

Cthulhu frame < frost

ember < Cthulhu 

frost < ember

ember > saryn

excalibur > ????

?????? > nekros

need some time to think about the weaknesses of some frames and if they are logical

Edited by Dr.Damian

so when are we gonna have frame weaknesses ? because i want ember to be weak to this guy, and this guy be weak to frost 

Cthulhu frame < frost

ember < Cthulhu 

frost < ember

ember > saryn

excalibur > ????

?????? > nekros

need some time to think about the weaknesses of some frames and if they are logical

Now why would frames need to be weak against each other?  Especially when most get one-shot anyway.

Edited by Katakuna

to make it interesting, the game has new damage types for weapons, why not apply those elements into a weakness for some frame, because the game needs more math/complications make it harder to be end game 

also i would love to electrocute the new water frame with my volt :3

Actually all of Lovecraft's work is public domain, and there is no more copy right claim over his work, so the name Cthulhu can be used. 

But i doubt that would be the name of the water frame. Knowing DE will probably be a Anglo-Saxon, Roman or Greek Mythology related name.

Edited by RexSol

Actually all of Lovecraft's work is public domain, and there is no more copy right claim over his work, so the name Cthulhu can be used. 

But i doubt that would be the name of the water frame. Knowing DE will probably be a Anglo-Saxon Mythology related name.

I dunno Mythos related would be a nifty nod but yeah calling it Cthulhu would be.. odd.  Now Dagon, Father of the deep ones, Servant of of the Dead Sleeper, and Ruler of the Deep that's a pretty spiffy name.

I mean say it with me "Dagon".  Yup, that's my bet right there.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Cthulhu frame < frost

ember < Cthulhu 

frost < ember

ember > saryn

excalibur > ????

?????? > nekros

This is not pokemon pal.