Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Water Frame (Hydroid) Hype And Anticipation Megathread

PluralSlice

the closest thing we will have to an earth-frame is more than likely oberon

You mean mag. As Mag is like a Magneto... picking up solid objects and stuff. Closest you will get. so she comes the closest to earth.

Edited by Arlayn

Don't you dare count Ice powers as Water. (or rather without diving the distinctions between the two styles)

And Volt as air? What?

Lighting =/= air

water =/= ice

I know it may be hard to believe, but it is true.  It turns out lightning hurts a lot more than air, and water can be a lot more soothing than ice.

The traditional 4 elements in games are fire,water,earth,and air. This isn't a system I'm making up its been around for decades. Which follows the classical elements system that has been around for thousands of years.

Lightning is commonly used in place of air as sky can been seen as the opposite of earth or ground. It follows the same theme.

Water magic is often expressed in the form of ice. And in reality ice is just water that is below 32 degrees F.

Warframe has built upon this further by creating many more elemental damage types. No need to get your panties in a bunch guys :)

The traditional 4 elements in games are fire,water,earth,and air. This isn't a system I'm making up its been around for decades. Which follows the classical elements system that has been around for thousands of years.

Lightning is commonly used in place of air as sky can been seen as the opposite of earth or ground. It follows the same theme.

Water magic is often expressed in the form of ice. And in reality ice is just water that is below 32 degrees F.

Warframe has built upon this further by creating many more elemental damage types. No need to get your panties in a bunch guys :)

I didn't know Elsa from Frozen could control water! Oh wait...

I'd like to see this too.

since when?

earth was one of the 5 frames that came from the design poll the others were nova (matter/antimatter) nekros (nerco) valkyr (beserker) and Zephyr (hawk) after they came out the a lot of people were wondering if Earth would be next but Devs said no earth only got 5% of the votes and was the lowest voted frame I've also heard this numerous times all around the forum so its not just me.

Edited by Sasoka

earth was one of the 5 frames that came from the design poll the others were nova (matter/antimatter) nekros (nerco) valkyr (beserker) and Zephyr (hawk) after they came out the a lot of people were wondering if Earth would be next but Devs said no earth only got 5% of the votes and was the lowest voted frame I've also heard this numerous times all around the forum so its not just me.

So what your telling me is they had a pole I forgot to vote on for the earth frame. :(

It is a little strange that we're getting a second male water frame.

Air- male Volt/ female Zephyr

Water- male Frost/ male NewFrame

Fire- male N/A/ female Ember

Earth- Nothing conclusive yet.

Volt? AIR? WTF?

Frost water? I mean, just because ice is made of it doesnt make him a water frame...

this would mean that rhino is an iron frame because of his iron skin. O.o

doesnt make much sense....

I personally feel Poseidon or Triton is a great name for the new water warframe coming up on U13. But maybe even Neptune, but seeing how there's a planet named after that though... I doubt it. I feel like poseidon will fit the naming better, since you got loki in there already...(God names). Sigh... What do you guys think? Hell, I've been hearing a lot of Cthulhu.

Our Lord and Saviour Chtulhu

Fhtagn!

EDIT:

I'm pulling for Dagon myself.  Not so obtuse as it go over a wary observer's head, but not so blatant as to establish unrealistic expectations of the frame.

On second thought that would be awesome as well.

Edited by Guest

Vapor.

It's the best fit for the naming conventions of elemental frames that doesn't sound like a Disney villain, Transformers character or Pokemon move.

Granting, I thought "Gale" would be a good one for Zephyr, so it might be something highly effeminate instead...

Edited by Archwizard