Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request/suggestion: Name The Water Frame "dagon"

DaftMeat

Dagon

Dagon was originally an East Semitic Mesopotamian (Akkadian, Assyrian, Babylonian) fertility god who evolved into a major Northwest Semitic god, reportedly of grain (as symbol of fertility) and fish and/or fishing (as symbol of multiplying).

Dagon1.jpg

It's also a nod to H.P. Lovecraft's short story of the same name, fitting since many are referring to it as "Cthulhuframe" since the preview was released.

PF01414lg.jpg

Ia! Ia! Dagon Fhtagn!

I've never heard it be called Cthulhu frame. I have heard it been called krakenframe.

I think it will have a name related to its element.

Ember is a small spark of fire, which is related to fire.
Frost is small ice crystal formations, which is related to snow.
Volt is just a single weak volt,  which is related to electricity.

Debatably: Zephyr is a soft breeze, which is related to wind.
Dagon is a deity, which is related to an ancient god and also an old book of many stories.

One of these stick out.

Also keep in mind that none of the other elemental warframes are named after any gods, mythical beings or any of the like.

It'd be pretty terrible if they decided this one will as it would just seem like they favored this one over the rest.

While all the others are just a small part of the full element they are related to, this warframe is the very god, the CREATOR of this element.

C'mon, how fair would that be?

Edited by Lusfella

Name him Rlyeh.

I've never heard it be called Cthulhu frame. I have heard it been called krakenframe.

Ember is fire, which is related to fire.
Frost is snow, which is related to snow.
Volt is electricity,  which is related to electricity.
Dagon is a deity, which is related to an ancient god and also an old book of many stories.

One of these stick out.

Banshee is sound, yet her name is related to a type of a female spirit in Irish mythology.
Nova is antimatter, yet her name is related to... Dunno, supernova? Astronomy then.

Your argument is invalid.

Edited by Angius

Banshee is accurate because a banshee is a female spirit fairy thing that would cry out when someone was about to die

While a Nova is a nuclear explosion in a white dwarf star. Her theme don't. . Really make sense cause antimatter isn't 100% real i think but you get all the explosions from her powers and junk.

Banshee is accurate because a banshee is a female spirit fairy thing that would cry out when someone was about to die

Well, Dagon is accurate then, because he is the deity of water.

While a Nova is a nuclear explosion in a white dwarf star. Her theme don't. . Really make sense cause antimatter isn't 100% real i think but you get all the explosions from her powers and junk.

Well, antimatter and matter anihilates eachother creating enormous amounts of energy, so...

No, her name still doesn't make sense.

Not bad. It's a cool reference, but the name just doesn't sound right, personally.

I'd go with Aegir. Norse/Germanic mythology. Aegir was "a sea giant, god of the ocean and king of sea creatures", according to wiki.

Just sounds better in my opinion. Anyway, Dagon would be an acceptable pick too.

Ember is fire, which is related to fire.

Frost is snow, which is related to snow.

Volt is electricity,  which is related to electricity.

One of these stick out.

Also keep in mind that none of the other elemental warframes are named after any gods, mythical beings or any of the like.

It'd be pretty terrible if they decided this one will as it would just seem like they favored this one over the rest.

While all the others are just a small part of the full element they are related to, this warframe is the very god, the CREATOR of this element.

C'mon, how fair would that be?

His name would be "Drizzle".

Edited by Seth-M

Name him Rlyeh.

Banshee is sound, yet her name is related to a type of a female spirit in Irish mythology.

Nova is antimatter, yet her name is related to... Dunno, supernova? Astronomy then.

Your argument is invalid.

Banshee isn't an elemental warframe nor is Nova.

Ember, frost and volt are. Perhaps even Zephyr as wind, called after a gentle breeze.

They are all small parts of their elements.

Frost is incredibly tiny formations of ice crystals, ember is a spark from a fire, a single volt is well, very little. Zephyr being in control of wind is just a breeze.

Then comes Cthulhu/Leviathan/Kraken/Dagon who is in control of the element instead of a tiny bit that is related to the element.

C'mon.