The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player From Mabinogi

Evariskitsune

So I decided after all that bit with the MMObomb polls to try your game (and vote for you, yay let's win the finals!) Though honestly prior to the poll I had never heard of Warframe, I have enjoyed the few games I've played.  I figured I'd come by the forums and say hi, introduce myself, and ask for general tips as to what I should be focusing on as far as a build and what to buy.  (because I'd rather ask here first than scour FAQs and the wiki for hours.)  

I enjoy in -most- 3rd person shooters;

Battle rifles or assault rifles with good range, but an automatic (or at least burst) fire option for close range engagements. 

Stealth.  

Being really, really annoying to NPCs before taking them down.  (Ex I love stun grenades in Deus Ex: HR,)  

... honestly in general, most of my 3rd person shooter experience is limited to Mass Effect (all games) and Deus Ex: HR.  Of which i enjoyed the combat more in the latter.  

while i also have plenty of experience with 1st person shooters, and my weapon choice is the same there, I'm not sure how it will translate to this game.

So yeah... hi.  Hope to see some of you in game maybe, and enjoy this game a whole lot more ^_^

Welcome to Warframe, Tenno!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. If you need any help after checking out all of the tutorials sprinkled about the menus, dont hesitate to come to the forums for assistance!

There are several ways thanks to Damage 2.0 for you to get a play-style down that fits you.

The Warframe Wiki can help get you going on that monster. But for random stuns, Electrical mods are your best bet from the get-go once you get started on your Mod collection.

Best of luck to ya!

Welcome.

As far as advise the game is very much like a really fast paced ME3 with no cover. (Like playing the Nova guard).

As far as weapons I can say you will have to luck up for the wiki for them there is over 100 weapons and a hell of a lot of good ones.

Now for specific play styles that has more to do with you what warframe you use.

I would recommend against buying guns for plat much easier to just farm the materials for it (And cheaper)

Welcome, Evarikitsune! I'm a "fellow" player from the same universe (based on lore, anyhow) as I play Vindictus.

In terms of builds, well, the builds change depending on the weapon/Warframe you use. Perhaps a little more elaboration would help?

Based on your preferences, you can try out the Latron (Prime) to start off. There are a high variety of assault rifles with decent range, but unfortunately, you can't carry multiple primary weapons.

Stealth-wise, try out the throwing knives (Kunai, Despair, Hikou, or Castanas) and the bows (Cernos, Paris, Paris Prime, and Dread).

Check out the Jet Kitag. It's got pretty nice animations, and enemies get knocked down with charge attacks.

I've heard from new players that Warframe feels sort of like Mass Effect. Your mileage may vary.

Look forward to seeing you in the game.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

My tip once you hit Earth, ask for help from veteran players on ingame chat. Meanwhile, stealth isnt exactly the best aspect of this game, but if you search youtube there are many enjoyable stealth game plays.

Welcome Tenno.

now get out there in the Solar Rails and Make the Lotus Proud.

Welcome to Warframe, glad to see something swayed you to join our Tenno ranks. And yes, make the Lotus proud (but I think you've done that already).

I'd suggest not going for pubs, but playing with a few close friends/fellow newbies together for your first experience. Brings the best out of the game imo.

But yeah, welcome to Warframe! Also, do consider sticking around for the livestream tomorrow to see what goes on around the community.

Enjoy your stay, Tenno!

Welcome Tenno!

Burston or a Krak would be the rifles you would be interested in I am sure, they have that battle rifle feel,and  they are pretty standard compaired to most games, though if you ever decide to step away from that, there are several "unconventional" weapons in the game that will quickly grow on you (Miter, Phage, etc...)

The game lacks grenades though the devs have said in the past that the powers that each frame has is their grenades, Vauban having the ones that reflect this the most.

Feel free to add me for if you ever need another trigger.

Many Greetings Fellow Tenno.   

The new player Experience right now its Rather Rough.  They are Working on it , but its rough around the edges...    But if you can bare through it, Warframe is rather fun with an interesting community.   

If you do get stuck anywhere on Earth.  use the Recruiting Channel Tab.  SHould get some help, but don't mind the Super Strong Guys that help you.  Its only cause they've been here forever xD.

For starting.  Excalibar or even Mag are the best choices for Starting out in the game.   and with the Free Plat you get for joining.  I recommend buying some weapon slots and many even an extra warframe slot.    Don't worry about Catalysts or Reactors just yet.  Make sure you enjoy the game before going for the hunt for those, and spending money to super charge your stuff.   

The Braton,  Can carry you a good way through the game.  Its a good assault Rifle, especailly once you get some mods added to it.   Shoot could even Hop into the Trade channel, and see if anyone has a mod called Serration (Increasts Rifle Damage) that they might give out to a new player.  And if you don't have the funds for the trade tax.  They will probably help you run some mission to get the money :3.  

Other then that.  Don't be afraid to ask for help.   You will get trolls, but they are easy to spot, as are the ones that really want to help.   Generally we are an Awesome Community, but do have are bad eggs like any group.  But just ignore those eggs, and meditate with the good ones.