The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Are The Benefits For Playing/completing Missions In Badlands?

Guest khk6

@KONAir

I actually see less than no reason to play them:

-A mega clan gets the solar rails to an area with *very* good drops or something

-They set the tax rate for using that to get to the missions as high as they want

-No one has any chance at all at pushing them out and getting a lower tax moved in there

Basically the big, already rich, clans will just get bigger and richer.

The small clans will just have to give up who knows how much in tax just to see the new content with absolutely no way to prevent it.

So all I see is that I could be running those missions and getting just barely more loot than normal missions while the mega clan who owns the rails gets the lions share.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@KONAir

I actually see less than no reason to play them:

-A mega clan gets the solar rails to an area with *very* good drops or something

-They set the tax rate for using that to get to the missions as high as they want

-No one has any chance at all at pushing them out and getting a lower tax moved in there

Basically the big, already rich, clans will just get bigger and richer.

The small clans will just have to give up who knows how much in tax just to see the new content with absolutely no way to prevent it.

So all I see is that I could be running those missions and getting just barely more loot than normal missions while the mega clan who owns the rails gets the lions share.

Trickle Down economics, If I get those tax breaks; you benefit! somehow... even if YOU dont really notice it... and neither do I... because if I did... I would demand my clan charge us less and you more.

Lol more resources and mods I guess. I'm trying to figure out how that makes them endgame missions because if you're at endgame I don't think you need resources. I already have 999,999 of a couple for Lotus's sake. I have every mod aside from primed chamber. If the missions are harder I'm all for it, but I'm guessing nothing appealing to a veteran will be in the missions besides stances.

I have a feeling that we will still be seeing the same tilesets and the same missions in the badlands when U13 arrives, but I believe it will most likely be a placeholder for something better to come.

Have faith, fellow Tenno.

I have a feeling that we will still be seeing the same tilesets and the same missions in the badlands when U13 arrives, but I believe it will most likely be a placeholder for something better to come.

Have faith, fellow Tenno.

It was already confirmed its the same tilesets.

And why should we have faith, exactly? Nightmare mode didn't even come with half of the promised features discussed in livestream 10, eight months ago.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Actually there are no "mega" clans left, none of the moon clans have the numbers you think for a long time. An active alliance can sweep the Towers easily. As a matter of fact having a Moon clan in alliance is a huge hinderance as on now, that 1k removed from cap will barely bring 2-3 hundred players.

And why should we have faith, exactly? Nightmare mode didn't even come with half of the promised features discussed in livestream 10, eight months ago.

Sorry, guess I never saw that confirmation. And I honestly cant think of any response that you wouldnt receive negatively, considering youve obviously been on Warframe longer than I have and have more experience in DE's promise department.

But it doesnt hurt to think that the devs will think of better things to put in the Dark Sectors. Sure it may not be in the near future. But even if its been a year, this game is still in Beta and things are still subject for change.

Sorry, guess I never saw that confirmation. And I honestly cant think of any response that you wouldnt receive negatively, considering youve obviously been on Warframe longer than I have and have more experience in DE's promise department.

But it doesnt hurt to think that the devs will think of better things to put in the Dark Sectors. Sure it may not be in the near future. But even if its been a year, this game is still in Beta and things are still subject for change.

Haha sorry I'm just really good at being cynical. DE has done really good work as far as art and sound and animation and so on, the game design just seems to consistently have good intentions but not accomplish its goals. I can give probably six examples of this off the top of my head but it doesn't really matter. It looks like melee is shaping up nicely so any system is liable to become good once attention is spent on it. I just think badlands 2.0 will be needed before it's actually an endgame system. As of right now even taxes collected from missions can't be dispensed to alliance members or individuals who invested in the towers creation. Maybe this will change, but badlands doesn't actually create incentive for those of us who have done everything to participate in it, besides lulz. It would help newer or midgame players and clans without all their research done, I suppose. Edited by VegetableBasket

I don't know about the cosmetics, but I'd be willing to bet that the Stance mods will be available in Badlands.

I would be very disappointed if the one of the core components to Melee 2.0 was locked out of reach of new players by difficulty, and we were forced to wait the time it took for clans to build solar rails to access them too.

The new Water/Pirate Frame and Zephyr have teamed up in the Dark Sector to unleash the Ultimate Ability. The Sharknado!

I was hoping there would be some new mission type for the general map and a return of the Infested planets but it seems we are simply getting the chance to see the same maps with the same mission types but this time a tax system will allow us to earn slightly less while supporting some people for doing almost nothing. Sounds like Warframe is turning into the US Government.

I would be very disappointed if the one of the core components to Melee 2.0 was locked out of reach of new players by difficulty, and we were forced to wait the time it took for clans to build solar rails to access them too.

We have no idea if there is a substantial difficulty jump in the dark sectors.

Lol more resources and mods I guess. I'm trying to figure out how that makes them endgame missions because if you're at endgame I don't think you need resources. I already have 999,999 of a couple for Lotus's sake. I have every mod aside from primed chamber. If the missions are harder I'm all for it, but I'm guessing nothing appealing to a veteran will be in the missions besides stances.

Im thinking the same exact thing how is this for endgame players, I dont need anymore duplicate mods like ammo drum and I definetly dont need more resources

We... having territory of our own and having to fight the Corpus/Grineer in it to fight against with THEIR title sets....... seems very lackluster.

I REALLY hope its a placeholder, that when Dark Sectors 2.0 comes it will be a completely new land with unique enemies, hell might be even be the wildlife of the planet and on the surface of it, I was hoping for a Open World where exploration would reward more since people are saying its 3 times the resources and maybe unique resources.....

We... having territory of our own and having to fight the Corpus/Grineer in it to fight against with THEIR title sets....... seems very lackluster.

I REALLY hope its a placeholder, that when Dark Sectors 2.0 comes it will be a completely new land with unique enemies, hell might be even be the wildlife of the planet and on the surface of it, I was hoping for a Open World where exploration would reward more since people are saying its 3 times the resources and maybe unique resources.....

Some things are limited by the engine and how the game is coded up and all, but your point about "our" territory being filled with enemies is actually interesting and funny and a little sad. I guess we own the road, not the destination.

Some things are limited by the engine and how the game is coded up and all, but your point about "our" territory being filled with enemies is actually interesting and funny and a little sad. I guess we own the road, not the destination.

Uncharted, unreachable reaches of space which need Tenno build rails already have Grineer and Corpus setup shop :->