The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guy Gets P1$$Ed For No Reason. Need A Report System For These People

Rixnane

This guy was asking for Ember Prime stuff, so I offered my Ember Prime Chassis. He wanted to buy the part for 1p, which was too low, so I said 3p, and he gets mad about the price, and then starts harrassing me. He could've just said no thanks, but didn't. I couldn't report him or anything, and I wish there was a system for players to prevent players like this from going into trade, or whatever. Took screenshots of the conversation.

Edited by Letter13
Don't name and shame

Ignore works for that particular person, but I think Rixnane is talking about a system to prevent people from harassing in trade. Understandably it would be hard to monitor the private chats for trades, but a section for reports maybe? Obviously including evidence like these screenshots.

Someone was probably being an &#! on someonelse's account. Big deal let it pass. You should go on xbox game chat everyone yells about how they spoon ***** eachothers mothers.

Lol, yeah, Xbox. Those were the days. 5 year olds online insulting you with PMs and everything xD

there was talk back around update 11 of the possibility of a repuation system. players with bad reps would be less likely to be queued clans with too bad of a rep had a possibility of being disbanded....

but for me ignore does suffice.

that guy wanted to buy ember prime parts for 1 plat though? maybe the BP but straight up part.... fak that noise.

5) PRIVACY – Do not publicly post any form of real life information of yourself or another user in the forums. Real life information includes, name, phone number, address, email address, private/email message content, personal pictures, IP address and anything else that may identify you or a user to the community in some way.

I don't believe that mentions in-game username? Only personal information.

It doesn't specifically state "No naming and shaming," but I shall concede that. I think there needs to be some form of clarification when it comes to this sort of thing. He says the first and sixth rules are being violated, but I, for the life of me, can't figure it out... Sure, reporting a player, I can understand that... But I don't believe Rix is reporting this gentleman, he is merely asking for a system to be implemented.

It doesn't specifically state "No naming and shaming," but I shall concede that. I think there needs to be some form of clarification when it comes to this sort of thing. He says the first and sixth rules are being violated, but I, for the life of me, can't figure it out... Sure, reporting a player, I can understand that... But I don't believe Rix is reporting this gentleman, he is merely asking for a system to be implemented.

You can finagle it however you want, this is naming and shaming.

You can already report people by sending in a support ticket.

You can finagle it however you want, this is naming and shaming.

You can already report people by sending in a support ticket.

Who said I was calling it anything other than naming and shaming? I am stating that it doesn't directly violate either of the posted rules. 

Also, I am now aware of the fact that you can report people, that was ignorance on my behalf. However, Rix wasn't aware of this, as such he is editing the screenshots to blur out all names present in the screenshot.