Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Bio Lab

Pandoran_Stallion

First off, I'm not saying these weapons aren't good. They were once so good they were practically all you saw on players and I'm glad that's no longer the case. The problem is that these weapons have fallen so low that they're not even worth the mastery grind to get them (The melee weapons and the Synapse being the obvious exceptions).

For this purpose I have created the Buff the Bio Lab thread. This is where we can make comments, suggestions, and critiques on the current infested lab weapons. The only requirement if you make a suggestion is to back it up with a fact or statistic, and that you are civil and follow community rules.

To get started, here are my suggestions:

Djinn

Djinn needs a change to his Fatal Attraction ability. If he did DoT when they go to close ranges it makes sense. His long range attacks are excellent, but at the point he uses the ability he is already attacking. Right now as it stands things are more like this: 

Djinn: Hey! Let me pi$$ off every enemy near you and attract them to you, because that's definitely what you want, right?

Torid

Torid needs higher damage. It is currently outclassed in every way by Penta (Instant 350 damage vs 300 DoT) and this should not be the case for a ClanTech weapon. In addition, it needs compatibility with firestorm and a larger cloud. This would definitely put the Torid back on the map.

Embolist

Embolist is currently a bug-spray gun. It outclasses Ignis in terms of damage but is completely useless due to its abysmal range (I find it more useful to whip out melee at this point). If it is allowed to use Firestorm and the range is buffed. Seeing as Spectra is 3/5 of the Flux Rifle, and that the Embolist is half that ratio but with larger damage, I suggest a 10m range to balance with the damage increase. It would also reward close range combat (and this would make it unique versus the Ignis).

Phage and Acrid are the other two weapons I see in need of a buff. I have a couple small suggestions: Phage needs a better starting spread, and Acrid needs much higher DoT or higher damage on impact. Much higher. It's a mastery 7 weapon, it's a higher mastery rank than Soma and Penta for Pete's sake and it's practically useless.

Just remember the rules I made above, I'll edit the OP based on upvoted comments and good input!

-Upgrade

For the Torid:

the damage from the grenade is fine but the damage from the cloud is bad.

it seems to have a pretty good status (?) though it could be better

the cloud should be spreadable

I dont think the Phage needs a buff at all (if you want a bigger spread there is a mod for that)

Acrid not only need a buff but a fix

it doesnt seem to be able to do any other proc damage that isnt toxic no matter how strong the other elements may be

I almost wanna say it should be buffed by elements but that might be too strong

Djinn

hard to say because his ability is SUPER PICKY

you can have like 9 enemies around you but it wont do anything

and for a sentinel that draws aggro, he has some poor health

Edited by Anatolius

If anything I wish djinn fatal attraction had better range on its agro affect.  The actual attacking part of the skill is pretty useless.

Djinn needs no upgrade. His weapon has the highest dps I normally use him but currently have carrier in preparation for the parrot.

Weapons have nothing to do with how good a sentinel is since they can be used on any sentinel with the sole exception of Helios's deconstructor :|

Edited by Aggh

Djinn needs no upgrade. His weapon has the highest dps I normally use him but currently have carrier in preparation for the parrot.

the fact that the wealon is great does not change the fact that his power sucks, and now that yo can switch sentinel's weapons its kind of like saying "well banshee doesn't need any ability changing because if you have soma it makes up for it"

Phage and Acrid are the other two weapons I see in need of a buff. I have a couple small suggestions: Phage needs a better starting spread 

Are you insane? Phage is a contender with Boltor Prime, Soma, launchers, etc for stupid levels of damage.  Your other suggestions are ok though.