Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Endgame?

Xine_Erauqs

Hello there

Sorry this questions but it was bothering me quite some time now.

What do you define under Endgame?

What does Endgame content? 

What is it about?

This is a discussion and an answer thread because i really don't know what this "endgame" everyone is talking about is.

Greetings Xine Erauqs

What do you define under Endgame?

What does Endgame content? 

What is it about?

Endgame in theory is infinite replayability after you max the level/get all the things in an MMO. In practice it is usually just another activity, like PvP or Raid bosses with 0.01% drop chances.

It is not the be all end all a lot of WF vets seem to think it is. It will help certainly but it's still possible to get bored or burned out.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Endgame is what happens after reaching the maximum level in a game , it is usually done to acquire the best equipment in the game , in practice this usually means highly difficult bosses and areas that are made for top tier players , it also sometimes includes pvp and conflict. in warframe the developers have a few endgame plans in motion , one of which is the badlands coming today which will include both conflict and (hopefully) difficult areas without direct pvp

Endgame in it's absolute simplest form is replayability.

This. But it's not just pure "replayability" its replayability with...benefits? Rewards?

@PsychedelicSnake

But aren't you replaying Warframe right now? Gathering resources, weapons etc.

What do you do when you reach the point of having all the weapons? End game is the point where you have everything else, and it's something you can do over and over and it still be appealing, it can still be "Fresh" so to speak. Usually "End Game" content is difficult to do, challenging, and giving you the most rewards and typically it's the kind of stuff you need a party to do it

Dark sectors were one of three proposed end game ideas... I guess it is, but it just doesn't sound fun to me... The other two are the focus system and the proxy war system (looking forward to this one the most)

Well, as described, the controlling clan gets to select enemies involved in their tower defenses, so it's most-likely that there will be many powerful and crazy hires done on their behalf. Therefore, if you want insanely powerful enemies from the moment you set foot in a mission, finding the clan that's poured the most into their tower defense will be the way to go.

Dark sectors were one of three proposed end game ideas... I guess it is, but it just doesn't sound fun to me... The other two are the focus system and the proxy war system (looking forward to this one the most)

It's just an Invasion re-skin with a bunch of clan names.

Personally I don't even call it endgame.

the void was endgame, that became to easy for people and now we get Dark Sectors as endgame. when that becomes to easy for people there will be a new 'endgame' and so on, and so on...

In short: people will never be satisfied.

okay, i think i get a sense about "what endgame is".

It's the point where you have to use all your skills and weapons and warframes to complete the missions.

I think its kind of strange that people yell that they want endgame. I mean wouldn't it be just better when there is new "more difficult" content? 

So that you won't get bored when you have "everything"?

Endgame is a word that describes content for players to participate in once they fully understand the mechanics of the game and have developed the proper skills to take advantage of them. Endgame content should be challenging, highly replayable, competitive (not just PvP) and capitalize on a sense of risk and reward. A game with a proper endgame system should not leave players feeling as if they "won."

Games like Eve, Ultima Online, Runescape do this by including risky PvP. Diablo II used ladders to create constant friendly competition. CSS is just well designed for competitive play. These are all games that were able to keep a fan base 10 years or more. Warframe doesn't capitalize on much of this at the moment. Badlands only benefits clans without all their research done and players without all their gear built. There is some risk but little if any reward. The system will need a 2.0 overhaul to feel endgamey.

I see a lot of shortsightedness about what is endgame in this thread. It is a lot more broad than "get the best item" or "kill the biggest boss" it's what you do when you have mastered the game and want to really test yourself.

Ps the void was never endgame, there's not really an incentive for someone with everything to do badlands. Defense and survival leaderboards and conclave are the closest thing we have to endgame. If you want to see a really well done endgame system in a modern game, watch a video about path of exiles endgame maps.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Endgame = End + Game

End = Finished

Game = content, gameplay

End + Game = Finish + Content = Final + Content = Final + Gameplay Content

Final Gameplay Content = Final + New Content

End Game = New Content

you know what screw this math 

Endgame = What ever the hell you want it to be cause' RUK MATH!

*starts eating cookies*

Endgame is a word that describes content for players to participate in once they fully understand the mechanics of the game and have developed the proper skills to take advantage of them. Endgame content should be challenging, highly replayable, competitive (not just PvP) and capitalize on a sense of risk and reward. A game with a proper endgame system should not leave players feeling as if they "won."

Games like Eve, Ultima Online, Runescape do this by including risky PvP. Diablo II used ladders to create constant friendly competition. WoW gets by because content comes out for it faster than people can clear it. CSS is just well designed for competitive play. These are all games that were able to keep a fan base 10 years or more. Warframe doesn't capitalize on much of this at the moment. Badlands only benefits clans without all their research done and players without all their gear built. There is some risk but little if any reward. The system will need a 2.0 overhaul to feel endgamey.

I see a lot of shortsightedness about what is endgame in this thread. It is a lot more broad than "get the best item" or "kill the biggest boss" it's what you do when you have mastered the game and want to really test yourself.

actually one of the biggest issues with wow ( admitted by the devs themselves ) is that content gets cleared faster than they can make