Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo Multipliers Explained.

Blizzinam

Okay, your first damage multiplier occurs at 5 hits, and it's 1.5X damage. Once you get three times that, 15 hits, you get the 2X multiplier. This carries on up to at least 1215 hits. I have not tested any further. I'll just write out what I found.

1,5X @ 5
2X @ 15
2.5X @ 45
3X @ 135
3.5X @ 405
4X @ 1215

Okay, your first damage multiplier occurs at 5 hits, and it's 1.5X damage. Once you get three times that, 15 hits, you get the 2X multiplier. This carries on up to at least 1215 hits. I have not tested any further. I'll just write out what I found.

1,5X @ 5

2X @ 15

2.5X @ 45

3X @ 135

3.5X @ 405

4X @ 1215

So, it's basically :

- Starts at 5

- Next multiplier is (Current Rank Hit Count x 3)

Which is to say

1.5x at 5

2.0x at (5 x 3) : 15

2.5x at (15 x 3) : 45

3.0x at (45 x 3) : 135

3.5x at (135 x 3) : 405

4.0x at (405 x 3) : 1215

thus

4.5x at (1215 x 3) : 3645

and so on.

Yeah the numbers are pretty outstanding and the only reason I managed to find all this is because I had a boss bug out on me. I feel they really need to recalculate the higher ones.

Yup, better combo meter scaling is neeed greatly. Would help to get higher dmg on high lvl missions quicker which means more survability with Melee. 

So, it's basically :

- Starts at 5

- Next multiplier is (Current Rank Hit Count x 3)

Which is to say

1.5x at 5

2.0x at (5 x 3) : 15

2.5x at (15 x 3) : 45

3.0x at (45 x 3) : 135

3.5x at (135 x 3) : 405

4.0x at (405 x 3) : 1215

thus

4.5x at (1215 x 3) : 3645

and so on.

Holy Crap....

This isnt a hack and slash, contrary to what we USED TO DO with our Orthoses and Galatines, combos are wrong.
Take them away, give us back the non combo charge attack and the guy/gal responsible for coming up with the idea is punished with either being smacked with a nerf battleaxe for 6 hours straight or will write "Warframe is not a combo game like DMC" lets say, RNG decides....76575684674 times.

Either the combo timeout needs to be increased, maybe up untill 10 sec or these values need some readjustments. I was expecting the multiplier to increase each 10 hits, to be honest.

Even while dashing from one enemy to another at the speed of light, you can barely keep the 1.5x multiplier alive.

And when I mean at the speed of light, I mean some serious dashing.

So, it's an almost impossible to achieve damage boost beyond 1.5. Got it.

x2 is pretty doable with faster weapons, especially with a Volt/Valkyr helping. Past that it's pretty much not going to happen.

EDIT: ninjas in my ninja game forums

Edited by Worira

I'd rather see the combo decay slowly than just end after 4 short seconds, though I guess that is to encourage the use of mobility stuff.

that would be more viable than the straight cut off. Try doing a defense mission with melee only into wave 30-40 when mobs are lvl 45-50 and lose your combo every wave. >.<

So, it's an almost impossible to achieve damage boost beyond 1.5. Got it.

Actually the combo counts across multiple enemies. Killing 1 enemy with 5 hits is the same as killing 5 enemies with 1 hit each. As long as you have lots of enemies within melee range, say against Infested or a hectic Survival or Defense mission you can achieve the multiple hits needed to get those high multipliers up.

Actually the combo counts across multiple enemies. Killing 1 enemy with 5 hits is the same as killing 5 enemies with 1 hit each. As long as you have lots of enemies within melee range, say against Infested or a hectic Survival or Defense mission you can achieve the multiple hits needed to get those high multipliers up.

Does hitting 2 enemies with one hit add 2 to your combo count? If so, multi-hit weapons like the Orthos and dual weapons will be monster damage dealers in crowds.

Does hitting 2 enemies with one hit add 2 to your combo count? If so, multi-hit weapons like the Orthos and dual weapons will be monster damage dealers in crowds.

Indeed, hitting 2 enemies once at the same time will get the counter up by 2.

It sounds great in theory, but even with a multi hitting weapon you'll still have a lot of trouble maintaining the multiplier.

Not really, its impossible to get pass 2x yes, but not 1.5.

I used a Fang Prime against Captain Vor. I got to see 3x combo multiplier!

Just keep hitting him even while he has his shield up. The 0 damage hits still count (they did for me), so you can keep it going to higher levels. Just make sure you have a way to deal with his teleports and his spawns and enjoy~

Vor scales to be strong enough with 3 phases to test against "high level" enemies. Take some Highly modded and catalized guns to get your conclave rank up high enough to see him lvl 40+ and you can go wild with your end-game grineer testing.

Edited by Balduron04