The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love It, But... Please Address This Issue

Viconaut

The issue is that rushers (never stops unless necessary) can assert a rush game while slow people (pick up nearly everything and kill every mob) cannot assert a slow game. That is inequality and should be fixed. No rusher should be able to force a slow person to rush and no slow person should be able to force a rusher to slow down.

What's the solution?

Scenario 1:

If a rusher gets so far ahead of the group of people, disconnect him/her from the session seemlessly migratingg him/her into a solo session - problem solved. Rusher rushes and the group of people are not affected and can go at their pace. Meanwhile it mattered not that the rusher was in a group at all and should have been playing solo.

Scenario 2:

If a mad slow, like sluggishly far behind, guy is otherwise contributing nothing to a group up ahead, disconnect him/her from the session seemlessly migrating him/her into a solo session. Meanwhile it mattered not that the slow person was in a group at all and should have been playing solo.

Both cases constitute a playstyle that is in no way a cooporative playstyle.

Scenario 3:

2 rushers and 2 moderately paced individuals get separated by a set distance - split the session into 2 sessions - problem solved.

If you are not together with the group, or at least one other player, why are you not playing solo/privately?

All the same problem with the same solution for all.

--------------------

2 player yellow doors don't cause a problem if your in a solo game so more of them would help. Just the same though, a player who is behind ought to have something creeping up from behind him making him move on a little faster. Balance.

None of this changes that in both extreme cases, there are elements of disregard and selfishness EXCEPT that a person lagging being doesn't do anything to inhibit a rusher (aside from a 1 minute wait) while a rusher forces others to attempt to keep up to gather exp/mods and what not.

A good teamate is considerate and will wait (not for absurdly long, but at least a minute or 2). There's plenty of inconsiderate $&*^s who won't even hold an elevator for 30 seconds. But just the same.. Someone may be holding an elevator for someone who isn't coming anytime soon.

Edited by Xen0sys

That's because most rushers don't rage post a thread when they die on the other side of the map since they don't need to be carried. I love it when people qq about me rushing when they don't even have 1/4 of the kills I have.

If you fall behind by a whole damn minute you have no one to blame but yourself. No amount of exploring should mean falling behind by that much.

What do kills have to do with anything? Maybe they'd have more kills if you didn't rush through the map so they could take the time to kill stuff? You think your kill amount makes you elite yet you deny other people the chance to get more kills and then try to use that to justify...what exactly??? lol

And because kill count = skill right? And has nothing to do with how much time you've invested into the game.

Your post. It makes no sense.

Just to clarify my point of view. If 3 people make it to the evac zone and one person is dawdling behind then yeah, that's to bad for that person. But that person dawdling behind didn't prevent the other 3 people from playing the game and finishing the mission.

On the other hand when 1 person rushes to the evac zone he forces the other 3 people to rush and skip out on killing enemies to get to the evac zone to get rewarded for their time.

Basically it's a majority rules thing. The idea here is to stick with the group, as some one else pointed out. Because at the end of the day that's sort of the point of a co-op game.

Edited by f3llyn

For [?] alerts I've seen people almost miss the extraction because of a rusher, I've yet to see someone miss the [?] alert extraction because they prioritized exploring the map for loot.

Rushers are able to negatively impact up to three other players in a direct fashion by denying them the mission completion credits and sometimes the [?] reward. It is out of the player's control and in certain cases players simply cannot make it to the extraction despite their best efforts. The rusher is inconvenienced up to 60 seconds of their time.

Slow roamers hurt themselves by not making it to the extraction when up to three other players are waiting for them, denying themselves the mission completion credits or [?] reward. It is that player's active decision to not make it to the extraction in favor of other actions. The other three players are inconvenienced up to 60 seconds of their time.

Therefore we see threads about rushers and not so much about explorers. One style forces others to play at a specific pace or risk loss of mission completion rewards.Tthe other style has no effect on the team's pace aside from causing the team members to wait for the final 60 seconds. Comparing the effects both extremes have on the other three players in the mission makes for better feedback than simply saying "it's a playstyle, deal with it" or "if you're going to do that go solo mode".

Exactly - well said.

What do kills have to do with anything? Maybe they'd have more kills if you didn't rush through the map so they could take the time to kill stuff? You think your kill amount makes you elite yet you deny other people the chance to get more kills and then try to use that to justify...what exactly??? lol

And because kill count = skill right? And has nothing to do with how much time you've invested into the game.

Your post. It makes no sense.

Just to clarify my point of view. If 3 people make it to the evac zone and one person is dawdling behind then yeah, that's to bad for that person. But that person dawdling behind didn't prevent the other 3 people from playing the game and finishing the mission.

On the other hand when 1 person rushes to the evac zone he forces the other 3 people to rush and skip out on killing enemies to get to the evac zone to get rewarded for their time.

Basically it's a majority rules thing. The idea here is to stick with the group, as some one else pointed out. Because at the end of the day that's sort of the point of a co-op game.

It means that people are whining even though they're doing less and still somehow managing to fall behind. That means that it's no ones fault but their own.

Edited by Aggh

It means that people are whining even though they're doing less and still somehow managing to fall behind. That means that it's no ones fault but their own.

You're pointless to talk with. Your post makes absolutely no sense.

If people want to rush and leave the rest of their team behind, they should just make a solo game. See? i can say the same thing to rushers as you do to the slow players :D

too much elitist dipS#&$tery going on.

If people want to rush and leave the rest of their team behind, they should just make a solo game. See? i can say the same thing to rushers as you do to the slow players :D

too much elitist dipS#&$tery going on.

It would certainly be more constructive to propose solutions and discuss them rather than rant the truths about both sides of the argument, which ultimately accomplishes nothing.

One question: What are you basing that argument off?

Off of pretty much every person that has whined to me about rushing in game :|

So stop rushing when playing with others who don't want to or play solo.

Unless you actually enjoy bothering people and in general being inconsiderate...

Edited by Xen0sys

So stop rushing when playing with others who don't want to or play solo.

Unless you actually enjoy bothering people and in general being inconsiderate...

Why should I have to slow down for people that are just a burden and probably shouldn't even be in the system that they're in? People should learn to carry their own weight before they start whining about being left behind.

Why should I have to slow down for people that are just a burden and probably shouldn't even be in the system that they're in? People should learn to carry their own weight before they start whining about being left behind.

So you think its perfectly fine to join a 3 person team and then rush for the exit without asking them if they are doing a normal run or a speed run?

If this is the case stay private/solo and stop being rude to other people.

So you think its perfectly fine to join a 3 person team and then rush for the exit without asking them if they are doing a normal run or a speed run?

If this is the case stay private/solo and stop being rude to other people.

I'm killing everything in sight. If they've managed to fall behind by over a minute when they barely have to kill anything, they only have themselves to blame.

Why are you not doing a solo mission if you plan to disgregard the existance of teamates and ignore their pleas to slow down? You are an extremely selfish and singleminded person to even be thinking along those lines.

I'm killing everything in sight. If they've managed to fall behind by over a minute when they barely have to kill anything, they only have themselves to blame.

There's also the possibility that you simply have a much faster warframe than they do.

Edited by Xen0sys

In that case why bother joining random matches when you obviously dont need a party?

How about you just stay private/solo and stop bugging people.

Also *most* rushers wont kill anything when they join. They join, make a bee-line for the objective and then the exit without killing anything along the way. What right do they have to join a random group and force them to speed run?

Why are you not doing a solo mission if you plan to disgregard the existance of teamates and ignore their pleas to slow down? You are an extremely selfish and singleminded person to even be thinking along those lines.

There's also the possibility that you simply have a much faster warframe than they do.

Because most people aren't whiny little *@##$es like you guys and don't complain about how people play the game. It's maybe 1/10 games I run into people like you you.

Edited by Aggh

In that case why bother joining random matches when you obviously dont need a party?

How about you just stay private/solo and stop bugging people.

Also *most* rushers wont kill anything when they join. They join, make a bee-line for the objective and then the exit without killing anything along the way. What right do they have to join a random group and force them to speed run?

Yes.

A little bit of patience is just being considerate.

Because most people aren't whiny little *@##$es like you guys and don't complain about how people play the game. It's maybe 1/10 games I run into people like you you.

I rush sometimes; don't make assumptions. It's about the fact that you clearly aren't considerate while doing so.

I rush sometimes; don't make assumptions. It's about the fact that you clearly aren't considerate while doing so.

Watch out guys, he's a rusher-therefore he is automatically an inhuman elitist pig that you cannot trust and is out to ruin everyones' game experience. Also, he hates your freedom.

Edited by Aggh

Most of the time the chat is borked so good luck even knowing that.

Furthermore, how is it fair to join a public game where the three people have decided that they are doing a mat farming run so are opening all of the containers and stuff and doing a full map exploration and then just rush to the exit?

Also I do rush when the group wants to rush, but I ask them first to figure out if they are doing a slower run or a speed run, thats the considerate thing to do. Sadly *@##$es like you dont ask and just rush regardless of what the party wants.

Watch out guys, he's a rusher-therefore he is automatically an inhuman elitist pig that you cannot trust and is out to ruin everyones' game experience.

Its only ruining other peoples games when the people dont want to rush and yet the rusher forces them to do so.

Watch out guys, he's a rusher-therefore he is automatically an inhuman elitist pig that you cannot trust and is out to ruin everyones' game experience. Also, he hates your freedom.

Ah, so your aware of sarcasm - or you're an illogical nutbag. As I've said, each playstyle should have it's freedom but not at the cost of the other playstyles enjoyment:

The issue is that rushers (never stops unless necessary) can assert a rush game while slow people (pick up nearly everything and kill every mob) cannot assert a slow game. That is inequality and should be fixed. No rusher should be able to force a slow person to rush and no slow person should be able to force a rusher to slow down.

What's the solution?

Scenario 1:

If a rusher gets so far ahead of the group of people, disconnect him/her from the session seemlessly migratingg him/her into a solo session - problem solved. Rusher rushes and the group of people are not affected and can go at their pace. Meanwhile it mattered not that the rusher was in a group at all and should have been playing solo.

Scenario 2:

If a mad slow, like sluggishly far behind, guy is otherwise contributing nothing to a group up ahead, disconnect him/her from the session seemlessly migrating him/her into a solo session. Meanwhile it mattered not that the slow person was in a group at all and should have been playing solo.

Both cases constitute a playstyle that is in no way a cooporative playstyle.

Scenario 3:

2 rushers and 2 moderately paced individuals get separated by a set distance - split the session into 2 sessions - problem solved.

If you are not together with the group, or at least one other player, why are you not playing solo/privately?

All the same problem with the same solution for all.

--------------------

2 player yellow doors don't cause a problem if your in a solo game so more of them would help. Just the same though, a player who is behind ought to have something creeping up from behind him making him move on a little faster. Balance.

None of this changes that in both extreme cases, there are elements of disregard and selfishness EXCEPT that a person lagging being doesn't do anything to inhibit a rusher (aside from a 1 minute wait) while a rusher forces others to attempt to keep up to gather exp/mods and what not.

A good teamate is considerate and will wait (not for absurdly long, but at least a minute or 2). There's plenty of inconsiderate $&*^s who won't even hold an elevator for 30 seconds. But just the same.. Someone may be holding an elevator for someone who isn't coming anytime soon.

I have an even and middle-grounded playstyle that sometimes scews to faster or slower depending on other peoples playstyles. I am a good teamate who isn't rude or inconsiderate unless forced to be by a rusher who stops for no one. I have no problem with a dawdling explorer but they also aren't helping where the group is. Be reasonable - if that's even possible for an illogical person.

rea·son·a·ble

adj.

1. Capable of reasoning; rational: a reasonable person.

2. Governed by or being in accordance with reason or sound thinking: a reasonable solution to the problem.

3. Being within the bounds of common sense: arrive home at a reasonable hour.

4. Not excessive or extreme; fair: reasonable prices.

Edited by Xen0sys

The guy isn't worth arguing with. He thinks his kill count is a justifiable reason to be an &#!.

"Hey guys I've played 300 hours and have 500000000 kills so I'm better than you who has only played 10 hours. Get on my level.". Basically what his last few posts came down to.

Edited by f3llyn

The guy isn't worth arguing with. He thinks his kill count is a justifiable reason to be an &#!.

"Hey guys I've played 300 hours and have 500000000 kills so I'm better than you who has only played 10 hours. Get on my level.". Basically what his last few posts came down to.

selfish

Adjective

(of a person, action, or motive) Lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Synonyms

egoistic - self-seeking - self-centered

egoistic

Web definitions

limited to or caring only about yourself and your own needs.

inconsiderate

Adjective

Thoughtlessly causing hurt or inconvenience to others.

Synonyms

thoughtless - rash - unthinking - unadvised - reckless

Every solo rushers About Me page ^

You can rush in a group of rushers without exemplifying these traits - it is when you do so with a group who doesn't want to that you become this.

Edited by Xen0sys