Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker's Immunity - How Much Is Too Much?

The_Traitor_Executioner

As I've said before, if you don't have a melee, you're not doing something right. You could go in there with a brand new, out of the Foundry Skana and own the stalker. Granted it would take more time but... 

I usually fight him Solo while all my other teammates are doing other things, like the objective. 

The Stalker is not a mini boss that is meant to be fun to fight. For newbs, he's meant to give you a taste of what you are to expect. For pros, he's there to give you something to farm for and something to do. For middle players, he's there to give you a goal, a person to beat. 

The Stalker fights aren't to be fun. You're supposed to just kill him for his stuff or be killed so that you know you have to set the bar higher for how you have to fight. 

Sure you can kill him with any melee weapon by stunlocking him, provided he does not get the first hit on you, since then he will stunlock and kill you. Which is why the only time I have managed to kill him with melee was because his attacks were not hurting or staggering me at all. Otherwise, every time I try to melee him, he just hits me through my attack and wins.

And why should the Stalker not be fun to fight? The G3 are fun to fight, even the Harvester is more fun than the Stalker. If he cannot be fun to fight because his purpose is to be a loot drop to be farmed and nothing more, then why should any of the enemies be fun to fight? Are they not all there simply to be farmed for their loot?

How about this: Why not just give the Stalker a 10 second period where he is vulnerable to damage, and after that point he instantly and unavoidably kills you if you did not kill him first?

Or even better: Replace the spawning of the Stalker with a behind the scenes random chance that decides whether you die, or get a rare blueprint. The outcome is modified by the damage and health values of your gear, so the better your equipment, the more likely you will survive and get loot. This will remove any chance of the occasion being fun, and simply reward you for having good gear.

Sounds good, right? Your stated purpose of the Stalker is focused purely into its intended function. If you do not have good enough equipment, and get killed by the random chance too often, then you know you need to strive to increase the numbers on your gear.

But personally, I want the Stalker to be fun to fight. Having him be nothing more than a farmable loot source seems like wasted effort from the Devs to me.

I just don't like how the Stalker and the other Tenno Assassins should insta kill any frame. It's really annoying when All my OP weapons do a bunch of 0s. And I can't use any abilities cause nothing affects them. And I think that is just my bad luck with the bugs in game. Cause them Ancients have learned the Stalker's Insta-Kill moves and hit me every time with those tentacles.

Leekter has flashbangs, they work the same as radial blind in PvP. On one particularly strange encounter he flashed me and I was killed by Vem Tabook before the screen cleared up. 

I never get them to use it, simply because I just run 15-20m away from them and snipe their large heads open. 

Sure you can kill him with any melee weapon by stunlocking him, provided he does not get the first hit on you, since then he will stunlock and kill you. Which is why the only time I have managed to kill him with melee was because his attacks were not hurting or staggering me at all. Otherwise, every time I try to melee him, he just hits me through my attack and wins.

And why should the Stalker not be fun to fight? The G3 are fun to fight, even the Harvester is more fun than the Stalker. If he cannot be fun to fight because his purpose is to be a loot drop to be farmed and nothing more, then why should any of the enemies be fun to fight? Are they not all there simply to be farmed for their loot?

How about this: Why not just give the Stalker a 10 second period where he is vulnerable to damage, and after that point he instantly and unavoidably kills you if you did not kill him first?

Or even better: Replace the spawning of the Stalker with a behind the scenes random chance that decides whether you die, or get a rare blueprint. The outcome is modified by the damage and health values of your gear, so the better your equipment, the more likely you will survive and get loot. This will remove any chance of the occasion being fun, and simply reward you for having good gear.

Sounds good, right? Your stated purpose of the Stalker is focused purely into its intended function. If you do not have good enough equipment, and get killed by the random chance too often, then you know you need to strive to increase the numbers on your gear.

But personally, I want the Stalker to be fun to fight. Having him be nothing more than a farmable loot source seems like wasted effort from the Devs to me.

*sigh* 

If you really want to kill the stalker that bad, you need to change your tactic. Also, I don't think the stalker can be stunlocked. Dakra Prime Crimson Dervish doesn't stun him, I don't think anything does. 

Do NOT go after him while he is spawning in. Get a few shots on him at best before you take out your Melee to block. He won't shoot the Dread three times within ten seconds. Block as you close the distance, don't sprint, jog. When he shoots you once, instantly press the block button again. 

When you manage to close the distance, DO NOT go in to just yolo and spam the attack button, slide attack around him. You'll move too fast for him to be able to hit you. Keep dashing back and forth and widdle him away, shred him to ribbons. 

Pro Tip: He will not Teleport if you are within the range of his Kunais. 

Pro Tip: He will not use his Kunais is you are within the range of his Melee. 

Pro Tip: He can not switch back and forth between weapons consistanly. Meaning he will stay with one weapon as appropriate. 

Pro Tip: Stay moving, and use cover if you see him pull out the Dread again. Make sure what ever you decide to hide behind is thicker than the Warframe you're using and as a rule of thumb, Thicker than a Rhino. 

Now, for general help on all your builds, for basically everything I use Viral or Corrosive. You're gonna wanna use Corrosive since you're not a big time damage dealer. You need him to take as much damage as you can give. Not Viral because it will halve his health AFTER the damage you gave him. Which also means that when that Proc wears off, he'll have double his health he had when he was proc'd. With Corrosive, his armor is less so his damage reduction will be less as well. This also stacks, so he'll take more and more damage. 

When you get to my status, which my bar isn't much higher than yours, you'll just use Life Strike and solo him with what ever melee you want. This is my personal strategy for taking out the Stalker. Others will tell you different. 

I also advise others to please post their tactics, as it will help our Fellow Tenno to prevail over this enemy.

I also advise others to please post their tactics, as it will help our Fellow Tenno to prevail over this enemy.

Don't engage him in melee. 

Don't stand still. 

If your friends are around, let them kill him. He's interested in you. 

If you're by yourself, you want to kite him around at mid to long range. His weapons have travel time so if you stay a bit-ish away they can be dodged. Use cover to your advantage here.

Coptering will keep you very safe. 

-snip-

Shooting him full of holes with the Soma seems to always work perfectly fine. I typically pack radiation on it, so as IIRC Stalker is classified as a tenno by damage 2.0, it shreds him pretty well. Otherwise I just chop him to bits with the Dual Ichors with slide attacks.

And if you want to abuse Stalker's mechanics, use a very low level Warframe with very high level and highly modded gear. Stalker will scale to the level of your warframe, not your guns. Which leads to easy swiss cheese with pretty much any decent primary weapon.

Edited by Wyzilla

Tenno powers come from the void. Stalker has a rare Orokin-built void jammer. Or something.

It's not like he's immune to bullets or anything.

Edit: 2000 newtons is only about 200 pounds of force...I'm sure rhino stomps way harder than that

Part one of my reply to you: Or it could just be the BS generator. Second part: Then we must invent a new measurement to gauge rhino stomp....Lets call them Rhinowatts

I have read all posts and I agree and disagree in some points.

The Stalker can interrupt skills like Iron Skin. And he should be able to do this since he is (or was) a Tenno with own abilities, Dispel is one of them (Ability for a Tenno hunter). If not, I could just walk around as Valkyr and use my Hysteria when he appears - Stalker dead. No, this would not be good. He has to keep his "Oh F*** lights are flickering, noooo!!" feeling.

What I agree with DergyDergon is that he shouldn't be immune to offensive abilities like Venom. If you try to get your spore on him, he just taunts you with "Your TENNO powers are useless!" and keeps attacking his victim. I dont know if you can damage him with AoE abilities like Miasma, but if you can, it doesn't make sense. It's not like the Stalker is made from untargetable light, carrying a Dread. If I want to block his shield recharge with Venom, his shield recharge shall be blocked. (Saryn demands justice :P)

...wait.

I just realized: You can't damage yourself or your team with your abilities, as well as the Stalker. And he is a Tenno. The misterious fifth member of your squad. And maybe under the status effect of Radiation (enables you to teamdamage) that hides under the black smoke! OMG, that explains everything! :D

Is to blame.

To be fair, his entire life and purpose is to hunt and kill Tenno, he doesn't need to worry about Grineer/Corpus or anything else, he'd have his technology, weapons and abilities tailored to killing us. It makes sense, do we not buff ourselves in accordance to who we fight?

Soloing him I haven't done yet, but it's the thrill of trying I don't mind. He's a pretty balanced Boss I find

I have no opinion on whether he should be more tenno-friendly or as hardcore as he can be. But I just wish DE would work on giving him lots and lots more animations when he does counter our attacks and abilities in the most flashy ways possible rather than tanking through everything without any reaction. Make him like the "pwny" ninja he is, let him block ember fireballs like some chinese fantasy monk, grab and pull valkyr's ripline causing her to fall on her arse, headbutt a rhino who's spamming his stomp, etc! :P

So, you say he should be nerfed? Oh, come on, i kill him with one shot from my Lex Prime or just one slide from Glaive Prime. He's too weak. Besides he practiced how to avoid Tenno powers for decades. 

The "lore" excuse in that regard is pretty weak and inconsistent though; afterall, the Orokin themselves (the guys who made the frames in the first place) couldn't keep themselves from getting slaughtered by the Tenno. Indeed, that was the whole selling point of the frames and why they were used to begin with - they couldn't be subverted like the rest of their technology.

Nevermind that from a gameplay perspective, the more gimmicks they added to Stalker's arsenal (teleport/dispel being the biggest offenders), the more they actually took away from the fight. It used to be one of the most dynamic encounters in the game since you could do things like use the environment to kill him; e.g. by luring him into a room that could decompress and blowing out a window from outside or luring him into a pack of enemies and making yourself scarce so they killed each other.

As it stands, it's just a matter of pumping more damage to him like any other mook, which makes him forgettable. My most memorable encounters with him are the ones where I didn't personally kill him.