Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De=Unreliable?

DJ-7809

I'm glad you agree.  This game is the best.  Period.

That's why it's criticized so much.  Because it's so good, when we see DE start to slip towards the corporations that we hate, then it makes us try to help keep them on track.

People actually want more Tenno reinforcements ?

I hear many prefer less and want DE to start re-working on balance again.

More stuff into a mess will make sorting out the mess harder.

Just saying.

While it would be nice, that's simply not how it works. It's been said a millions times: there are teams in development. An artist or tester, for example, cannot do fixes.

People actually want more Tenno reinforcements ?

I hear many prefer less and want DE to start re-working on balance again.

More stuff into a mess will make sorting out the mess harder.

Just saying.

Just Kubrows.  I don't want a weapon.  I want a Ninja Space-Wolf of death.  That's why I"m all teary-eyed about this week's reinforcements.

That's why it's criticized so much.  Because it's so good, when we see DE start to slip towards the corporations that we hate, then it makes us try to help keep them on track.

And when we do so, we may not always voice our concerns in the nicest manners.  I myself included.  Sometimes we shout and pout and cry our hearts out.  DE has done admirably and we're afraid that they'll slip.  We must have faith.

DE is the best game developer i have ever seen.

The only developers i know that maintains a close relationship with their player base and actually listen to us.

I completely agree.  That's what makes them so good and this game so good: they make the game for the players.

While it would be nice, that's simply not how it works. It's been said a millions times: there are teams in development. An artist or tester, for example, cannot do fixes.

Yes but an artist can remodel the Box they called the Ogris rocket launcher yes ?

An artist can take on a more artistic spin on other bosses yes ?

An artist can at least make the Snipetron and Lanka look completely different yes ?

How about the ceramic dagger which is basically like a shrunk cronus, an artist can do this as well yes ?

So quit that reasoning. 

DE can add new content by simply polishing the old.

Just Kubrows.  I don't want a weapon.  I want a Ninja Space-Wolf of death.  That's why I"m all teary-eyed about this week's reinforcements.

I rather Kubrows come out in update 14 and just clear up our current system.

Well, I understand your perspective.  I'm just so tired of waiting.  And waiting. And waiting.  For everything!  And then being disappointed when that "thing" finally comes along! Melee 2.0 is, undoubtedly, amazing.  But when you get right down to it...it honestly isn't that spectacular. Grind for a stance, so you can look cooler slaughtering enemies.  I just...I think Melee 2.0 is the best thing about U13, but even that was just a tiiiiiny bit disappointing.  I'm just tired of the wait, the hype, and the disappointment.  They need to figure out how to set correct deadlines, have a few "backup" Tenno reinforcements to release when they have to work on something for an extra week.  I mean, if they'd had some kind of sword or something we could play with while we waited an extra week for U13, the Forums wouldn't have exploded QUITE as bad.  But we got a full week of nothing, and now it feels like we're getting another full week of nothing.  That's the problem.

I think as veterans, we are under somewhat different pressures compared to the regular newbie. We have tried almost everything, and everything new that comes our way is something much to be desired. That includes lore, and Tenno Reinforcements. 

So as a veteran, we have to face the pressure of the waiting game. It is as you said, waiting is hard. The hype, the anticipation, it kills you.

But only if you let it. You have to understand that in war, and everything else, when you break new ground, you have to make sure your old ground doesn't crumble behind you. You have to patch the holes. If you don't, everything will eventually come to nothing, as you've failed to solidify your foundation as you move forward.

DE is making this wise move to look back, and fix their errors. I have faith they know what they're doing. They of all people understand the type of players they're dealing with. To us, "New" is everything. But they understand that, in the big picture, it isn't. They can't make everyone suffer without fixes, simply for us veterans. And we can't ask that they do that.

So for all their resources, they have to proceed with the way they think is best. I personally support this trend.

But I sympathize with you. I truly do. But what I would recommend you do now, my friend, is to take a break, and find something to do while they mend festering wounds. We have to learn also that there's more to life than Warframe, and to expect too much from them is unreasonable and only setting ourselves up for disappointment. 

They never promised kubrows. They never promised a whole lot of lore. That was Vor's Prize, and they mentioned that it won't be soon. 

We need to regulate ourselves. As adults, and if you believe it, as Tenno. 

Take a break. Take a deep breath. Then come back, in peace of mind, my friend. Hakuna Matata.

Smite scored 2nd in MMObomb showdowns, how about we go try out their game for a little?  Add me: Sadisticnerd there too XD

Oh, I like Warframe, and I've tried Smite! I'm too slow for MOBAs. :(  

(Stopped playing Smite for many, many months! Used to play with my friend, but his school's internet wouldn't let him. So I stopped, too, but I was never really good at it anyways.)

On the other hand, try Mercenary Kings. Pretty good stuff, kinda cheap on Steam, too. And it's a whole 'nother world of grind, LOL!

Oh, I like Warframe, and I've tried Smite! I'm too slow for MOBAs. :(  

(Stopped playing Smite for many, many months! Used to play with my friend, but his school's internet wouldn't let him. So I stopped, too, but I was never really good at it anyways.)

On the other hand, try Mercenary Kings. Pretty good stuff, kinda cheap on Steam, too. And it's a whole 'nother world of grind, LOL!

You ain't never ground till you played Dark Souls on hardest difficulty or played DDO in general.

I...what?

*This is me being seriously inquisitive* - Corporations, such as EA? Microsoft? (I've never had to deal with Nexon)

A few delays = corruption = path to the dark side?

Your back-up suggestions are great; giving us something to do when faced with a delay is awesome, but I think, before jumping to conclusions that they're on "that" path, that you should ask a dev if they've ever thought of doing something like that for us. They're only human, after all.

100% sure the answer shall be a stupefied "No, but that's a keeper!". (Somewhere along those lines)

Suggestions > "DE, I'm disappointed." - I'm not saying that to be rude since you do have some suggestions, but many people seem to give up hope when DE does something they don't like rather than just taking initiative and throwing out some meaningful ideas (which, again, you have done, and I thank you for that).

Edit: Yes, I really am responding to 1/4th of your post to clear out any traces of hyperbole. The rest of it has been debated a million times, and there's not much more left for anyone else to say anything about it. Well, at least, for me to say anything about it.

Edited by OptimumBow0

Yes but an artist can remodel the Box they called the Ogris rocket launcher yes ?

Why do we need an Ogris remodel again? I don't see anyone complaining.

Yes, but they will need a designer's guidance/specification, and the designers usually have more than enough on their hands to have these too high on the priority list.

An artist can at least make the Snipetron and Lanka look completely different yes ?

Weapon remodels are nice, but everyone complains about different things, they can't work on everything at the same time. The Torid remodel was a really pleasant surprise, but honestly not as important as everything else they have on their backlog.

How about the ceramic dagger which is basically like a shrunk cronus, an artist can do this as well yes ?

And you want this to change... again why?

So quit that reasoning. 

Did DE not just rehaul an entire system, including at least 40+ new animations that obviously took work, new effects, new coding, and new functionality? Is this not polishing the old? It is the biggest polish I've ever seen, that's for sure.

And now you ask for new content. So what do you actually want? 

I never asked for Kubrows here and now.

I say leave them to update 14, which can be 3 months away when DE finally irons out everything.

I am not suggesting remodeling for the sake of remodeling, but it adds to the polish of the game.

You should know that previously all guns have no unique individual reload animations, DE did that all for both old and new weapons.

You should know the current Gram, isn't anything like the old Gram, which is basically an over sized Plasma Sword.

Torid is a nice surprise and as a Torid user, I am very appreciative as well as those who had used it.

Better polish is better appeal overall.

And yes I am aware DE designers have a rather large back log, but that doesn't mean they can just forgo on cleaning up the old stuff and focus purely on new content.

Edited by fatpig84

The feeling I get from the whole process is that one day they sat down and decided to make the game 'that got away.' It seems they did so full steam, half cocked, and partially intoxicated. The general evasiveness I've seen regarding end-game (and the release of supposed end-game content that lacks a real end-game feel) leads me to believe that at this point they don't really know WHAT they want their game to look like. It seems like milestones without a destination. Bless their souls for listening and enduring our bullS#&$, but I get the distinct aroma of aimlessness.

They released 1/3 of the end game projects which all are supposed to interact with each other.  Did no one actually read the end game post that was all over the forums and reddit months ago?

I used to be really tired of people calling people entitled little S#&$s every time the forums errupted when an update delayed, but I'm beginning to see some truth in it :|

So quit that reasoning. 

You're comparing a boss rework to a weapon rework.  And you think they only need artists for it.  Oh lawd.

Edited by Aggh

could not agree more with op,  if DE ever realizes they do not have to push the game down our throats with forced grind then they can work on making the game even better.

Now every update comes with an extra layer, previous effort, leveling, resource stashes mean nothing since there will always be a new currency or wall to grind through.

Players enjoy the game and don't need to be forced to play a certain ammount, but their business guys who make the decisions seem to override what should be common sense.

A few live streams back Geoff said something like, you won't have to relevel melee weapons to get all the new moves.  Redesigned to fit into the already bad mod system that basically gives 100s of pretty useless options and no real way to explore alternative builds due to mechanics and revive cost.  Again DE just needs to learn folks like the gameplay and do not need to be forced into X missions or X time to acquire since we would play it anyway. Especially since the horrible mod system covers more grind than each update anyway if you want to max all the mods.  Stances as mod cards was and will always be a bad idea since a weapon is now pretty much half-assed without them.  Same with warframe powers, need to be removed completely and just be a natural part of the frame so we can actually start having build diversity and folks playing niche roles.  Until then max your shields and damage unless you are 100% carried by your team.

Edit:  Also the philosophy that anything you get as and advantage or gain in the game costs you something worse makes for really lackluster rewards all around.  As Steve puts it, "The agony of deciding between this or that."  (not direct quote but close).  If every gain feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back then it will continue to dampen gameplay and options, not increase them.  Hopefully they start to realize this and perhaps review some of the decisions and reverse them opening up many options they dont see because they remove these limitations on their own accounts.

Edited by Nickeltoe

DE frequently doesn't update on schedule, that's true. They'll often promise and last minute delay features.

The one thing you can count on, though, is that you know they are working super hard all the time; if they miss an update, it's because they didn't think it was ready at the time. If it isn't stable at launch, it's because they knew we wouldn't want to wait any longer, and it's better for the community to have the update, bugs, flaws, imbalances and all.

You think that they wouldn't fix every problem if it was fast and easy, even if just to shut up the hecklers? They're human, with finite time and resources, and they're doing everything they can to make this game better. The least we can do is to recognize that.

The DE devs are, in my experience, DAMN good.  I've played online games for over a decade, and I've seen ONE dev team that was as responsive, engaged, attentive, and invested in their players - that would be the City Of Heroes/Villains team, Paragon Studios.  You think THIS is bad?  Go poke your nose into Champions Online.  They haven't released ANYTHING not connected to a real-money-opened randomized lockbox in almost two years, and they actively delete forum threads and posts relating to new releases that aren't supportive.  Take a look at NCSoft games - this would be the "parent" company that nuked the aformentioned City Of Heroes/Villains with zero notice to cover a finanical shortfall caused by the launch of Guild Wars 2, and refused to sell the IP to a solid tender offer made by the fanbase and devs in an attempt to keep the game alive.

Can the grind be annoying?  Yes, especially when a person's culture ingrains an expectation of NOW into their mindset.  Take away that "NOW" urgency, and the game is just FUN, with rewards accruing without you even noticing.

Is the lack of lore disappointing?  Yes, especially when the person who desires the lore has never tried to write a cohesive story set in a fairly vast in time and distance universe.  Try writing your own lore, and posting it.  If it's better than theirs and you give permission, I'd expect they'd use it, and the experience would give a perspective on how hard it is to do.

There ARE a few bugs that I truly take issue with, mostly relating to connectivity - but given what little I know of peer-to-peer hosting, most of those seem somewhat intrinsic to the system, and DAMN hard to hammer out.  The few that don't relate to connectivity are intermittent and thus hard to pin down, or minor and not affecting gameplay in the long term and thus understandable that they'll work on harder, more dangerous stuff first.

The game isn't polished.  The game isn't complete.  It isn't "professional".  But the devs are only human, and they're a lot more invested in this than Bioware/EA is in their games and fanbase(see ME3 ending firestorm).  Os I'll take unpolished, incomplete, unprofessional, being worked on by a group of devs who still play their own game and talk to their players, and FUN.

And then the half-baked Dark Sectors.  I get it, they're "placeholders" but honestly, I hate the way they are currently.  Just constant petty squabble over 0% taxes.  And they're just bloody useless to play right now.  What happened to the Free Roam?  What happened to the packs of Kubrows roaming around the Badlands? I thought the Rails were supposed to take us OUT OF the Solar System we currently occupy!  Not just to yet another ship in the middle of it, crawling with infested.  I thought we'd get something special out of them.  That was a disappointment.

Someone obviously didn't break out their Dark Sector, and played as Hayden in "The Dark Sector" the final chapter of the game...