Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ether Tec.

-BrokenBear-

just wanted to know, since ether technology is considered a tenno weapon, how far along the line until we start seeing and being able to get there Primes, cause I would really love to have Dual ether Prime to match along side saryn prime when she ever comes out

Ether arent orokin, they are tenno. And they are weapons we use to kill infected allies, so i dont think they'll ever become prime

It has to be a prime before the tenno have destroyed orokin

It cant be made orokin; orokin weapons are recovery, not discovery.

Ether arent orokin, they are tenno. And they are weapons we use to kill infected allies, so i dont think they'll ever become prime

How do you know the Ether weapons are Tenno-made?

Then we will get a DEX version.

Wraith= Grineer, Vandal = Corpus, Prime = Orokin, DEX = Tenno, ?????=Infested?

Then we will get a DEX version.

Wraith= Grineer, Vandal = Corpus, Prime = Orokin, DEX = Tenno, ?????=Infested?

Vandal, wraith, dex = Tenno modifications..

Braton Vandal... go look it up in the codex.

"A special version of the standard Braton rifle with a slower fire rate but offering higher accuracy and damage values. The Braton Vandal has been customized by the Tenno with a blue-green metallic finish, and Lotus branding on the grips." *

*http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Braton_Vandal

Edited by LunchBoxKilla

Vandal, wraith, dex = Tenno modifications..

Braton Vandal... go look it up in the codex.

"A special version of the standard Braton rifle with a slower fire rate but offering higher accuracy and damage values. The Braton Vandal has been customized by the Tenno with a blue-green metallic finish, and Lotus branding on the grips." *

*http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Braton_Vandal

I'm talking about the origins of the weapons. Vandal is kind of muddy because of braton and lato but its mostly been applied to weapons of corpus origin. Wraith is applied to weapons of Grineer origin. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Braton, Boar, Orthos, Paris, Lato, Latron, Skana, Lex, sicarus. Thus far no distinction has been made between Tenno weapons and orokin, it is assumed that all Tenno weapons are degraded copies of orokin originals. There is no reason to expect and no evidence to support the idea that there will never be prime versions of all the Tenno stuff we have now.

I would like to know how you reached that conclusion it might cause me to re-think my position.

I'm talking about the origins of the weapons. Vandal is kind of muddy because of braton and lato but its mostly been applied to weapons of corpus origin. Wraith is applied to weapons of Grineer origin. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Braton is a Corpus design. Has their writing etched onto it and everything.

Ether is bassicaly "thin air" that can slice people.So really the only thing primeôish about Ether swords wouldbe their handles.

Also,Ether is a Tenno DISCOVERED technology,and not an Orokin RECOVERED technology,so no primes...I think

Paris is a prime and its Tenno Crafted just like ethers, it was not orkin recovered 

CODEX Entry: ParisCodexbw.png
Based on one of the world's oldest weapon designs, this Tenno-crafted weapon can be used both in stealth and in open combat. The PARIS uses a chargeable magnetic field to launch arrows capable of impaling enemies to walls.

Well prime versions are old, real orokin made versions and tenno versions are just cheap imitations, thats what we know for sure. Prime isn't and upgrade, it is recovered technology from orokin void, which we reach by looting void keys our enemies captured. We recover old, strong versions of them. That part is for sure. Now speculations and comments on ether technology lore may seem that tenno used this blade to kill infested allies. But well, it might or not be tenno crafted in this case, if they were made for tenno while orokin were still alive.

Personally I think that since the origin of the Ether weapons is a bit murky, maybe there could be a new category for them.

One thing I wonder about though is why don't we have an Ether bow? You could make the arrowheads out of the metal used for the swords.

Personally I think that since the origin of the Ether weapons is a bit murky, maybe there could be a new category for them.

One thing I wonder about though is why don't we have an Ether bow? You could make the arrowheads out of the metal used for the swords.

Thats kinda what dread is.

so im guessing the Corpus found the design of braton prime first than the tenno from the Orokin?

These posts blew my mind. 

Here's my theory: the Braton Prime was discovered by the Corpus, but they were unable to obtain the parts needed to make it. So, they mass-produced a weaker copy of the Braton Prime. When they switched to plasma weapons, they sold the Bratons to the Tenno. Sometime later, the Tenno successfully recreated the Braton Prime.

Just asking so Reaper prime, what is that a prime of? is it a prime of the ether reaper?

IMHO it's a prime of whatever "Hate" was before the Stalker twisted it.

Also remember that the current definition of "Prime" includes "Modern" items that have had significant Orokin Tech _added_ so with enough stockpiled Orokin Tech you could "prime" something that never existed during the Orokin Era.