The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Nekros?

Nekros is just a loot farmer, that's all we need to know. :p

HE IS THE SHINIGAMI NEKROS!!! Nekros is superior! He is the God of Death! the King of the Decay! The Overlord of Torment! The only Warframe capable of charging into the Grineer palace wiping out the entire fleet, the tanks, the ships, the soldiers, the elite guard, and even the Queens themselves all by himself! How dare you call him a loot farmer...

Unless you put on his final alt head with the cloth over it. Color it the right way, and he looks like he could be like Stalker. However I get the feeling the markings on Nekro's cloth, and Stalker's helmet is some form of Orokin Mourning symbol.

Make it Canon!

Edited by Maxibillion1

I have no idea behind the lore on Nekros, but just the way he looks and what he does makes me think that he was some sort of "heretic" tenno (messing with souls, desecrating corpses, forcing foes to fight for him even after death, not very "honorable") and was very unliked by other tenno. And after being put into cryosleep along with the rest of the tenno, the memory loss kind of rid everybody of that and the lotus just saw Nekros' abilities as a necessity to further their cause.

This is not actual lore, this is just what I imagine given what I've seen in other lores revolving around stuff like this and what I know about the tenno.

Nekros definitely looks inhuman under his frame.  Oberon has cloven feet.  Ash appears to  have his two foremost toes merged together on either foot.  I think every Tenno was deformed when they were exposed to the void. 

Those are probably meant to be tabi boots.

There's no saying what the Void did to NEKROS users, but it's worth noting that everything about NEKROS' design is explicitly to make him look inhuman. He's supposed to look unnatural if you look at him from the front (i.e., when he's facing his enemies), and there's no denying that he is almost unnaturally and unhealthily (by our standards) thin, but if  you look at him from the side, especially his legs, the distinction between the suit and what is probably inside the suit become more clear (for instance, he has a "vestigial sixth finger" next to his pinkie that never moves--part of the suit. His feet are extra long? It's just padding; the suit probably helps maintain his balance. And so forth.)

NEKROS looks unnatural, but that's the design philosophy behind him; he represents death, decay, and terror. While still not exactly a model of fitness, the actual Tenno beneath the suit is probably not so grotesque as the suit makes him look.

EDIT: forgot my ending parenthesis.

Edited by LysanderasD

There's no saying what the Void did to NEKROS users, but it's worth noting that everything about NEKROS' design is explicitly to make him look inhuman. He's supposed to look unnatural if you look at him from the front (i.e., when he's facing his enemies), and there's no denying that he is almost unnaturally and unhealthily (by our standards) thin, but if  you look at him from the side, especially his legs, the distinction between the suit and what is probably inside the suit become more clear (for instance, he has a "vestigial sixth finger" next to his pinkie that never moves--part of the suit. His feet are extra long? It's just padding; the suit probably helps maintain his balance. And so forth.)

NEKROS looks unnatural, but that's the design philosophy behind him; he represents death, decay, and terror. While still not exactly a model of fitness, the actual Tenno beneath the suit is probably not so grotesque as the suit makes him look.

EDIT: forgot my ending parenthesis.

This seems like the most sensible explanation to me. Nekros is also the only Warframe confirmed to use nanomachines son , so modifying his suit's appearance is probably much easier for him in general.