Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't It Time To Raise The Mod Slot Amount On Frames And Weapons?

Shehriazad

1. Too many "utility" and weak mods that no one bothers to use as they would be too much of a trade-off

- Making those into utility polarity and adding utility polarity modslots on frames and weapons would be a great way to finally make those shine.

2. With melee 2.0 almost all melee weapons share the same build...the exception being the few weapons that have a viable crit chance.

-There is probably a few oddball Tennos out there...but the general consensus would be to maximize the damage output and disregard everything else.

-Stances add up to 10 extra capacity...a potato melee weapon can get away without ever having to be polarized

-many weak-ish and oddball mods exist that could find a spot if there was utility slots

3. Across ALL weapon types AND on Warframes there is now a big selection of mods that could really help making frames a bit different from eachother...but are heavily underutilized because of aforementioned problems...the trade-off is too huge.

I know that DE had once talked about this...but it was MONTHS ago...and it does not seem like it would take long to figure out which mods to turn into utility type mods and then add 2 Utility slots on frames and at least 1 on weapons.

It's a shame that a big part of mods is just being shunned.

Edit:TL;DR Im not asking for free slots. I want that weak mods get their own polarity and slot to actually make some build variety happen...people claiming that limitations are good so we have to choose...please tell me how there are many builds for things...because there aren't...the entire weapon and frame pool all pretty much share 2 build choices.... that's not nearly enough...considering that there could be HUNDREDS of choices. (Not sure what sane player would currently pick Maglev over Vitality...just to name 1 example)

I could do with 2 or more mod slots on frames and weapons. I mean, all of my frames have reactors installed on them and i have no need to polarize them because i don't have any more slots available. Polarizing the frames would just give me more mod points that i can't use because all of my equipped mods are maxed. That, or make polarizing frames and weapons do something more, increase base damage/health or something so that we could use the mod slots for something else rather than trying to make the frames and weapons viable. 

NO. This means u just get extremely out of balance frames.

I can have shield, health, vigor, armor, all power mods, stamina, duration and resistances on. OP.

All that is needed is a  utility slot (uses no mod points and doesn't give any etc) - ether for a resistance mod, movement mod  or support/utility ( like master thief/radar etc).

I think, that if you've leveled your frame to 30 you should be able to hunt down a blueprint for some sort of extender that adds another slot row but at the loss of 10 points or so. So unless you're a forma lord you're not going to be to OP, but just strong enough to go the extra mile and retain things I wish I had points for like intruder, enemy sense, or handspring which have no place in anyone already limited yet "perfected" builds. 

Warframe utility mods and warframe ability/power altering mods should not share the same mod grop,

As in, anything that alters shields, knock back, stamina, health, jumping, resistance, should have a separate page and mod point allocation to those cards that effect powers, energy management and abilities.

That is, if this was a game that demanded that level of depth in its suit management.

Edited by (PS4)atpbx

I think, that if you've leveled your frame to 30 you should be able to hunt down a blueprint for some sort of extender that adds another slot row but at the loss of 10 points or so. So unless you're a forma lord you're not going to be to OP, but just strong enough to go the extra mile and retain things I wish I had points for like intruder, enemy sense, or handspring which have no place in anyone already limited yet "perfected" builds. 

I agree, it gets kind of pointless when the only thing i have on each and every frame is their 4 abilities, shield, health, vigor, armor, and 2 power mods. I don't have room for any of the other mods. There's really no need to forma most frames if you have a reactor and aura mod in place because you can't even use up all of the points.

I'm liking some of the suggestions in this thread. I'm definitely in favour of utility slots and mods like Serration having their own slot which does not affect mod points, as suggested.

Just hoping DE take them on board. 

Edited by Naith

So you think it's cool that 90% of the community will share the same build on everything and that half of the available mod pool is ignored because its sub par?

Its not like Im asking to just add free mod slots...What I want is a chance for those weak mods to actually get a chance.

Limitatiosn are good, unless it the glaive.

Seriously, half its slots are filled with it's utility mods to make it viable.

Because having typical mods like Serration, Vitality, Redirection, etc. on your warframes/weapons is so much ' fun ' . As for choice, there is none; Try doing high level missions without those pure damage mods on your weapons. Now those utility mods don`t seem as useful, do they?

Make some mods innate/not require slotting.  Like ability mods.  Or some of the harmless but useful ones like Thief's Wit, Master Thief, Warm Coat or what have you.

Then strip out those = polarities and you have four freed up slots on suits to do with as you will.

EDIT:  If our power level is really an issue, they can rebalance some of the mods to smooth things out.  They did it with Melee 2.0.

In all seriousness everyone already gets almost every tankiness + power mod on already, and the ones that are ignored are mostly the utility ones that can't possibly compete due to the exponential nature of scaling on enemies.

If you take a look at the current set up you have right now on any one well-stacked suit and picked out 1-4 more cards to add to it, I get the feeling they would be sub-optimal ones that don't add much to your existing build in terms of raw power.

Edited by ArcusVeles

A utility slot or two would be very nice indeed. But it wouldn't add anything to the warframe, no "bonus" mod points or anything of the sort, keep the players who forma'd their gear still a step ahead that way.

In my honest opinion a way to add variation to warframe without ruining the system would be to develop a way to "fuse" mods together and make them have attributes of both of the fused, albeit at a lesser rate. Exceptions being fusing damage/damage mods, because that would be ridiculously OP. Think Icestorm and the like. "Dual Stats" but user created and the power of the fused mod would be maybe like... 50%-66% of what was put into it.

A maxed Rush and a maxed Quick Rest fused together for "Fleetfoot", a mod that requires 10 points and increases sprint by 20%, stamina recharge by 100%. 

Maxed Maglev and Rush produces "Featherweight", a mod requiring 11 points that increases acceleration from wall launching and sliding by 30%, increases sprint speed by 15%.

There is so much more that DE could do with these systems that they have yet to realize, and melee 2.0 was a wash. Cool you can equip your weapon... too bad it needs to be equipped if you even want to use those cool combos you've been grinding for... And btw, it's single button smashing still, so gl hf. 

tl;dr- If you want me to be a free consultant as to how and what you can do to make the game better with regards to the actual "lore", let me know. I'll gladly help out. 

P.S. - still waiting for Founder Test Server :P

I like this idea. the ability to fuse mods to get a combination of effects definatly would make more  mods viable, if for no other reason than to fuse them together with others. And 2 more slots on frames/weapons wouldn't hurt either lol.

Maybe my suggestion isn't the best way to do this...but most of the people should agree that build diversity is nonexistent even though there is lieterally hundreds of mods.

Your suggestion is good, it's just that some people on the forum don't like having good things.

I'd be willing to bet we're going to get the ability to get extra slots in u14.  Feels like something that would be fit into the focus system grind :|

Additionally, I don't know how people are convincing themselves that extra slots will encourage build diversity.  People will still min max and focus on stats that benefit them the most. 

The only way we'll ever get build diversity is if we get more rewarding, specialized mods with interesting mechanics.  Not to mention, more abilites for warframes.  Until then, it won't matter how many or what kind of slots you slap on, people will always push towards min/max builds.

Edited by Aggh

make the power slots their own separate thing, you could even remove the power requirement. then you got 4 slots and people won't disable powers because some of them suck.

this way everyone has all 4 of their powers and has them maxed out (this helps new players a lot as they don't get how to set up powers right and stuff nor can they put their good powers on right away)